Confirmed with Link: PIT (Sheary & Rodrigues) | BUF (Kahun)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He hadn’t done anything for months. This offense is anemic across the board right now, it’s bottom five in shot quality/generation in the last 25 games according to a chart Jesse posted. It’s systematic failure across the entire team, Kahun would likely sink with the McCann, Tanev and Blueger’s of the world too.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Maybe it wouldn't but someone who even has the hope of that would be nice. And Sheary... well, decent enough, but I'm not sure he's been the top 6 upgrade that made sacrificing scoring depth make sense.

Tbh, I'm somewhat wondering if trying to bolster the top 6 at the cost of a third line that could score lots was the right call anyway. Time will tell.

I mean, if we are going to go down that route let’s rehash the whole paying 3.5 million for a player that scores 25-28 pts a year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean, if we are going to go down that route let’s rehash the whole paying 3.5 million for a player that scores 25-28 pts a year.

Still very happy to pay that to Tanev based on his whole sample, yup. If you were to go back to the start of the season to remove guys based on what we know now, I don't think he'd be on the list.

The problem is... well, I guess we'll fully know what the problem is when we see the solution, but it looks like maybe one good winger and one plug and play guy each isn't enough for Sid and Geno. If that's true, altering the plug and play guy doesn't change much, but taking a swing on a line that can maybe score a lot if nobody's paying much attention to them might have.

Although I wouldn't be that surprised if we find out Geno and Sid are capable of more than they've shown in the last three weeks or so.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Still very happy to pay that to Tanev based on his whole sample, yup. If you were to go back to the start of the season to remove guys based on what we know now, I don't think he'd be on the list.

The problem is... well, I guess we'll fully know what the problem is when we see the solution, but it looks like maybe one good winger and one plug and play guy each isn't enough for Sid and Geno. If that's true, altering the plug and play guy doesn't change much, but taking a swing on a line that can maybe score a lot if nobody's paying much attention to them might have.

Although I wouldn't be that surprised if we find out Geno and Sid are capable of more than they've shown in the last three weeks or so.

Is Kahun more than a plug and play guy?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
It’s been less than ten games, and Sheary has looked average to good, while Sid has looked terrible for large stretches.

He also has the same amount of points as Kahun.

Granted in more games and many more minutes. That being said, why is Kahun getting such low ice time in Buf? Something weird about it happening through three organizations now despite his sparkling metrics and relatively solid production.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He also has the same amount of points as Kahun.

Granted in more games and many more minutes. That being said, why is Kahun getting such low ice time in Buf? Something weird about it happening through three organizations now despite his sparkling metrics and relatively solid production.
He was even straight up benched vs Pittsburgh in the third.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is Kahun more than a plug and play guy?

In the top 6? No. Is he a guy who showed some ability to drive offence in the bottom 6, to make and capitalise on chances when things weren't obviously going his way, more than pretty much any other bottom 6 guy we had? Yes. Enough ability that I'm definitely convinced he was the answer and we screwed up? No, but enough that I consider it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
In the top 6? No. Is he a guy who showed some ability to drive offence in the bottom 6, to make and capitalise on chances when things weren't obviously going his way, more than pretty much any other bottom 6 guy we had? Yes. Enough ability that I'm definitely convinced he was the answer and we screwed up? No, but enough that I consider it.

Did he do that though? The bulk of his production was on L2 with McCann and L2 with Malkin. His production seemingly dropped once he was put in the bottom six. Specific small sample, but I don’t know.

On that note he seems to be on L2 as well in Buff.

Last edited:

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
And Kahun was never playing on top lines here. It was a trade for a wing Crosby had chemistry with. Kahun goes to a worse team and gets more minutes. It's not comparable.

Both Sheary and Kahun now are getting more minutes. It's comparable.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Both Sheary and Kahun now are getting more minutes. It's comparable.

You still aren't understanding it's a trade for Sids wing. Yes, if you look at it Kahun vs. Sheary. I'd take Kahun all day but that's not the case. For the money they make Rust, Horny, Zucker, and Guentzel are locks for Top 2 lines for the most part. There's no room for a Kahun. We needed a wing Crosby gel'd with. I guess you could get mad at Crosby for not making Kahun work. But he's been criminally underpaid his whole career for us to ice a better team. I think he gets a say in these things.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You still aren't understanding it's a trade for Sids wing. Yes, if you look at it Kahun vs. Sheary. I'd take Kahun all day but that's not the case. For the money they make Rust, Horny, Zucker, and Guentzel are locks for Top 2 lines for the most part. There's no room for a Kahun. We needed a wing Crosby gel'd with. I guess you could get mad at Crosby for not making Kahun work. But he's been criminally underpaid his whole career for us to ice a better team. I think he gets a say in these things.

Apocalypse is really here when @SouthGeorge is making reasonable points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad