Pierre-Luc Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Get benched, score three points, and get ejected by the refs all in the same game. :nod: :D
I'd argue leave out the points and say benched ejected and first star because it seems like an impossible situation.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I have been studying him for the last couple weeks, would people agree with me that IF he reaches his potential he would be somewhere in between a Kopitar and Kessler?

His shot reminds me of johansen but his slap shot is much better than RyJo IMO. Still unsure if he can be a C at the NHL level.

I think he also can work on his hands, not the best stick handler in tight, but uses his size well to compensate. Time will tell.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I haven't watched him at all this year, other than the odd game highlight. Looking forward to seeing him at the World Juniors if he makes the team. While not always indicative of the future, I think that will provide a good indication of where he stands right now against his peers.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Glad he will play meaningful games other than the WJHC now. I expect him to light it up.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I'm curious if he will play center at Armada or not. I just seen their two highest scoring forwards are both listed as centers. But, overall.. I'm glad the trade finally got done. Now to wait 1 week to make it official. Hopefully he can have a good WJC and finally start to play some motivated hockey.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'm curious if he will play center at Armada or not. I just seen their two highest scoring forwards are both listed as centers. But, overall.. I'm glad the trade finally got done. Now to wait 1 week to make it official. Hopefully he can have a good WJC and finally start to play some motivated hockey.

Why wouldn't he be playing center? I'm sure he's better than any center, and probably forward, they have.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wouldn't they just move them down a line and then worry about where to play their current fourth line center? If Dubois is their best center, he should play center.

Yeah but we've seen it go the other way, even in the NHL. Desharnais wasn't the best player to be Montreal's top center, but he wasn't a fit anywhere else in the lineup.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Yeah but we've seen it go the other way, even in the NHL. Desharnais wasn't the best player to be Montreal's top center, but he wasn't a fit anywhere else in the lineup.

This is junior though. It is likely that Dubois would be their best player at any of the forward positions. If that is the case, you play him where he is best and figure out everyone else. I just don't see how they don't play him at center, unless they don't think he can play it.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
The Armada are one of the top teams in the Q. The question is if they disrupt lines that are working. It's easier to swap in a winger than replace a center.

Seems like Dubois isn't playing center at the Canadian WJC camp either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad