Pierre-Luc Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
One of the things Jarmo and co. said why they picked this kid is because of his character....Hmm...

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
What...what is happening?

I too was having trouble putting this all together.

Apparently, he:

1) got called out by the coach and likely sent to the dressing room in the first period

2) came back and got 2 goals and an assist in the second

3) then got a boarding penalty and was kicked out of the game in the third

4) received first star of the game

Quite the game.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Jesus learn how to read. Really I don't even know what to tell you. Clearly it would be good for the Jackets if he turned out to be like that. However he was drafted to be a 1C (the most important position in hockey) and was drafted to fill the only hole on our team. If this hole is not filled by PLD then yes it is a failure considering that is what he was drafted for and the hole would still exist. You need a 1C to win a cup(s)

And the rebuttal is we have a 1C in Wennberg but that is an entirely different discussion

I'm not sure what Jesus has to do with this but I'm pretty sure he can read...

Anywho, CBJ draft BPA with expectations that he could be a 1C. It's not that hard to consider that even as a 1W the CBJ may have liked him better than Pool Party. Then throw in the fact he could turn into a 1C and it's gravy.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Apparently, he:

1) got called out by the coach and likely sent to the dressing room in the first period

Quite the game.

Turns out he also framed Guilder for it.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Anybody seen the boarding? The one comment I saw on it in another thread was that the poster thought it was a clean hit.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Please folks keep in mind that whether a LW or a Centre PLD was the top rated Canadian player. Matthews top rated American Laine top rated Finn. PLD is going to be a great hockey player.

Due to CBJ history we are very accustomed to picks being thrust into the NHL in their first year or two post draft. I think it has hurt some of our prospects as they were maybe a bit immature both physically and mentally to be thrust into that environment. It is very uncommon for 18 year old kids to have the success of Mathews and Laine and is really a standard that is not the norm.

Lets give the organ-i-zation a chance to bring PLD a long & then discuss 5 years from now how the pick looks. My .03

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012

Apparently, he:

Quite the game.
Perhaps we could take some combination of these events and call it the PLD hat trick. :naughty:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I'm not sure what Jesus has to do with this but I'm pretty sure he can read...

He doesn't have to be able to read. I submit the following;

Definition of omniscient
1: having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight
2: possessed of universal or complete knowledge

This means He knows what is going to be written before it is written.

You will now be returned to the on-going PLD teeth-gnashing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad