OT: Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Someone explain to me why Emma Stone is our go-to girl. There are lot's of other attractive actors/famous people out there you know!

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I'll gladly take snow in the Valley once in a blue moon vs on a regular basis during the winter.

I absolutely hate the snow. I miss Arizona weather.

Nothing like waking up and leaving at 6:30 AM and having to brush snow off your car :shakehead

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
I'm a big fan of what AMC produces. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Hell On Wheels, etc. Not any of their reality shows though. Those are terrible.

I also like what FX puts out with Archer (best comedy on TV, IMO), The Americans, The League, Justified (have to catch up). Also when they had The Shield and Nip/Tuck.

Others include Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, HIMYM, Entourage (when it was on -- my favorite show ever).

Gonna start watching Suits and White Collar. Heard those were both very good, Suits more so than White Collar.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I answered 'no' - only because the average annual salary of a SAG member is $5,000 and if the results of an internet poll might possibly dissuade you from pursuing becoming a Hollywood actor and joining the ranks of SAG members, then you're not serious about becoming one and there's no reason to encourage a frivilous pursuit.

I tend to take such polls along the lines of "in grade school, I wrote some short stories that were very well recieved, and my high school even put on a one act play I wrote as a junior! Should I try to become a best-selling author of spy novels?" queries. That is, not too seriously.

But even though I answered no on your poll - my real answer is yes, you should try to become a hollywood actor, and you should try to win an OSCAR for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, and an EMMY for Best Actor in a Television Series, and in your acceptance speeches thank your family and agents and producers and friends and co-stars before the band starts to play you off and save me for last -"And I'd like to thank Yotesreign from HF Boards for inspiring me to give this a shot!"

I will stand in front of my TV that night & give ya a Standing O!

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If you're willing to perform live theatre in various small local venues across the country at subsistence level wages because you have a passion for acting while you chase down other acting gigs, then yes, pursue it whole hog and don't ever look back. If you enjoy acting and you're interest is in appearing in movies as a stepping stone to stardom, then save three years of your life and buy a lottery ticket instead.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've got all of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones and Justified sitting on my computer. Heard great things about all of them, but haven't watched any. Where should I start?

The Wire. It's expiring. It may actually be too late. It's my favorite show ever but it's about street gangs/drug trade and about technology. That's a poor recipe for aging well. The slang is almost laughable at this point because it's so dated, and the latest and great police technology in the show, is comically obsolete. You really can't wait any longer, and have probably waited too long.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Someone explain to me why Emma Stone is our go-to girl. There are lot's of other attractive actors/famous people out there you know!

Emma Stone is from the Phoenix area. Scottsdale to be exact. Grew up and went to high school there. Someone, I forget which poster, started it in their GDT they made cause they liked her and for her connections to Arizona. Then we went on that hot streak last season and she kinda stuck.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Emma Stone is from the Phoenix area. Scottsdale to be exact. Grew up and went to high school there. Someone, I forget which poster, started it in their GDT they made cause they liked her and for her connections to Arizona. Then we went on that hot streak last season and she kinda stuck.

To expand, all GDT's were either "brought to you by" someone famous from the area, a rival player the Coyotes were playing that night, or some random fact about Arizona. Emma was first introduced on February 28, 2012 against the Canucks. In March, a few losses piled up so people started to mimic the GDT's from February. We started to notice the Coyotes won more when Emma approved the thread (Cooper was also used but not at the same success rate).

So after the slow start, I made her my avatar so at least her pic would be in every GDT.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
But them Emma wasn't that much of a help even in the Kings series and I notice now that changing any of the teams name in the thread title is a bad idea as well.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I'm watching "The Killing" right now on Netflix. Originally and AMC show. I'm about half throught the first season. It's really good. NO SPOILERS!

Ha ha ha ha ha.... the show I grew to love to hate.... what I could tell you if you wanted to know.... :biglaugh:

I'll just say about halfway thru S1 I liked it too...

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd

Plus she is WAY WAY hotter than that other Scottsdale High School District celeb David Spade (no offense David I'm sure you'd admit it is true).

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I kinda liked that new Netflix show "House of Cards". I thought season 1 was promising. Spacey talking to the camera was getting on my nerves, and sometimes the writing seemed a bit weak, but direction and acting were top notch.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Thanks for filling me in on Emma Stone. didn't know that.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Thanks for filling me in on Emma Stone. didn't know that.

Spade
david-spade-drag-02.jpg

or Stone

emma-stone1.jpg

I'll take Stone everyday

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Doesn't smiths new mask have his son on the side? Or something like that. It's cool.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doesn't smiths new mask have his son on the side? Or something like that. It's cool.

Yeah, not a fan though.

Barbs mask gives me all kinds of ideas about a sand/black with red trim scheme, though. I really like the color language going on with the current thirds but the logo and overall pattern leaves a little to be desired. Somehow, with all that sand and red, the 'black' becomes more of a background color than the focus. A big deal when every team in the division uses black or has a black jersey.

The brick red just annoys me. It's a constant reminder of how bland things have been. The D'Backs look worse in their new digs, and the Cardinals don't really wear cardinal red. Why does every team have to be red? I'd love for some unique, obnoxious color like metallic North Dakota green or something of the sort. Crazy contrast piping, matte finish helmets etc... you name it, they should look into it as a way to create a unique look. The Predators have the right idea, IMO.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I'd love for some unique, obnoxious color like metallic North Dakota green or something of the sort.

Like Purple and Gold? Those colors are absolutely gorgeous. Although we'd be stealing the Kings vintage look.

Green/Yellow would look awesome as well. Maybe I am alone on this though.

Salt_lake_city_eagles.gif

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Mildly on topic but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

When I get food at the arena I usually end up getting one of the burger and fries combos. Tonight I did, and at the condiment station I noticed that there were no longer chopped onions available - they used to have relish and onions served with spoons but this time there were just relish packets along with the ketchup and mustard packets. I thought that kind of sucked because I liked putting the chopped onions on my burger.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Mildly on topic but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

When I get food at the arena I usually end up getting one of the burger and fries combos. Tonight I did, and at the condiment station I noticed that there were no longer chopped onions available - they used to have relish and onions served with spoons but this time there were just relish packets along with the ketchup and mustard packets. I thought that kind of sucked because I liked putting the chopped onions on my burger.

First world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino