OT: Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That is the single most British name I have ever seen.

Those crazy British. They just named people after whatever. "Oh you make shoes? We'll call you Harry Shoemaker". Kind of makes you wonder where Kilbride came from.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
‘Build a Death Star’ petition clears threshold for Obama response

It is a period of civil war. Rebel pranksters, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the forces of Taking White House Petitions Too Seriously. Specifically: They have secured the 25,000 signatures necessary to get a formal response from the White House to their call for America to build a DEATH STAR.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...shold-obama-response-185314096--politics.html

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/279006217123295232

I can only hope Goodell is just trolling the fans on this along with his insane idea of wanting to get rid of kickoffs.

Positives : More revenue for the league.

Negatives : The playoff run atmosphere revolving around games will decrease.

He runs a business, and he has done a damn good job running the business, if they were to expand the playoffs it would be great for business, people are still going to pack the stadium and people are still going to watch on TV. Only problem, how are they going to run the playoffs?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He runs a business, and he has done a damn good job running the business, if they were to expand the playoffs it would be great for business, people are still going to pack the stadium and people are still going to watch on TV. Only problem, how are they going to run the playoffs?

Has he really? I don't think so. The league was in the same position before Goodell, he didn't create the NFL empire.

Goodell is essentially in the position of being Bill Gates kid.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Goodell has done squat for the NFL and the mess with the refs early on is a sign that he is a madman whos insane ideas are going to ruin the NFL if he gets his way.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ

I think Goodell was good early in his tenure, but his rating has fallen exponentially in my book.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Montreal may require dogs to be bilingual
If a proposed law in Montreal goes into effect, all dogs in the Canadian city will need to understand commands in both English and French.

Montreal city councilor Benoit LaDouce, who made the proposal, told CBC Radio that it's necessary to counter the "chaos" resulting from dogs at public parks who understand commands in only one language.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/canadian-city-may-require-dogs-bilingual-202551154.html

Cessez de me mordre

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So, I have an interview with US Airways on Tuesday, working in Credit Card Fraud. I plan on asking about the effects the merger would have on employees here on Tempe if the US Airways/American Airlines merger goes through. Also the US Airways, haven't heard much on this recently, but I know their stewardess' were negotiating and threatening to strike, and what effect that would have on business.

Any other suggestions on what questions I could ask? My friend works there and said her interview was questions about "Tell me a time when you....", I hate preparing for those kind of questions. I'm not a good bull****ter, and really that's all you have to be for those kind of questions. Any tips on how to prepare for an interview? I haven't applied for a job for quite some time, and I just recently applied for this one after realizing I could still find a job in Accounting even with my lack of experience in the field itself.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Yeah. My wife teaches kindergarten and I have a daughter in kindergarten. What a damn shame. Poor defenseless kids!

For the next mass murderer (I'd rather there isn't one, but we are dealing with "people" here and some of them are evil), could you kindly walk into a police station next time and try there. I'd have much more respect for you trying that instead of the the usual school shootup.

My wife works at my daughter's school.

Hope this reads ok. Not trying to piss anyone off.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
For the next mass murderer (I'd rather there isn't one, but we are dealing with "people" here and some of them are evil), could you kindly walk into a police station next time and try there. I'd have much more respect for you trying that instead of the the usual school shootup.

My wife works at my daughter's school.

Hope this reads ok. Not trying to piss anyone off.

As long as the cops are ready and take the dude out first, right? LOL.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yep, I've been avoiding watching the news, or looking at news sites. I just can't imagine how someone could do this, period. Children for crying out loud. Absolutely sick.
I can't think of anything more despicable or cowardly than attacking children. I wish this the guy would've messed up killing himself and instead accidentally put himself into a locked-in state where he could lie motionless and in silence for the rest of his life all while completely lacking the ability to escape his thoughts.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I don't know what is more sad with the recent events here:

The mass shooting in CT?
The knee-jerk gun control debate following the mass shooting in CT?
Many(not all) of those in the knee-jerk gun control debate who don't feel bad for the innocent who were killed?

or this?

12056_10151567200243625_223357797_n.jpg

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I know what I'm going to say next is going to piss off a few people but I'm not holding back either. There is no question that it really sucks to see so many children killed in yesterdays attack. I do find it ****ed up that there are those in the world who think that the innocent life of a child lost is worthy of more sadness and tears than the loss of an innocent life that of not a child. I do understand that almost every child is not able to defend themselves at such an young age, period. But that doesn't change the fact that an innocent life lost is an innocent life lost no matter the age.

RIP to all of the victims of the shooting.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
I know what I'm going to say next is going to piss off a few people but I'm not holding back either. There is no question that it really sucks to see so many children killed in yesterdays attack. I do find it ****ed up that there are those in the world who think that the innocent life of a child lost is worthy of more sadness and tears than the loss of an innocent life that of not a child. I do understand that almost every child is not able to defend themselves at such an young age, period. But that doesn't change the fact that an innocent life lost is an innocent life lost no matter the age.

RIP to all of the victims of the shooting.
Pardon my French, but **** off! Do you have kids? No, probably not. You can spew all this crap, but until you have a child of your own, you should probably keep your mouth shut! Kids are extremely vulnerable and have no way to defend themselves to an attack like this.

Lost a lot of respect for a comment like that one!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It is our nature to immediately focus on preventing future atrocities like this and some somehow "fix" this problem. To find out "why" and to take action.

People immediately run to gun control, blame media, etc. Politicize the whole thing and fall back into their familiar, and comforting political arguments about this or that. Playing the blame game and squabbling with the "other side" is easy. People do it so much that it's kind of by rote anymore. Doesn't take much thought.

The thing thtat is actually scary is that gun control won't prevent this. Changing to media to fit whatevver idea you have in your head as to how it should operate won't prevent this. Spree killings are an inevitability. It's horrifying and nobody likes to be powerless against this but that's the ****** truth. This school did their lock down drill and they acted exactly as they were trained to. They still lost more than two dozen people.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Pardon my French, but **** off! Do you have kids? No, probably not. You can spew all this crap, but until you have a child of your own, you should probably keep your mouth shut! Kids are extremely vulnerable and have no way to defend themselves to an attack like this.

Lost a lot of respect for a comment like that one!

1st off I will speak my mind as I see fit no matter to who it is, even if it is to the officer of the law. So don't tell me to keep my mouth shut.

2nd don't hand me this "only those who have children are able to have an opinion about children." stuff either.
George Carlin has brought a child into this world and not only does he disagree with your highly emotional and irrational rant but based on his rant about children, I say he knows more about what he is talking about.

I can't post the YouTube of here here due to NSFW but an easy search of it on YouTube will come up using the key words George Carlin and Children.

I'm happy to see though that you don't care as much of the innocent lives lost of the adults as the children are. I'm sure those same families of those who lost the loved adult ones would be happy about that as well.

As in your own words before:

"Yeah. My wife teaches kindergarten and I have a daughter in kindergarten. What a damn shame. Poor defenseless kids!"
Not even once did you even mention feeeling bad for the adult lives lost. Those same lives who were defensless against the shooter because they didn't have a gun on them to shoot the shooter.

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
It is our nature to immediately focus on preventing future atrocities like this and some somehow "fix" this problem. To find out "why" and to take action.

People immediately run to gun control, blame media, etc. Politicize the whole thing and fall back into their familiar, and comforting political arguments about this or that. Playing the blame game and squabbling with the "other side" is easy. People do it so much that it's kind of by rote anymore. Doesn't take much thought.

The thing thtat is actually scary is that gun control won't prevent this. Changing to media to fit whatevver idea you have in your head as to how it should operate won't prevent this. Spree killings are an inevitability. It's horrifying and nobody likes to be powerless against this but that's the ****** truth. This school did their lock down drill and they acted exactly as they were trained to. They still lost more than two dozen people.

I couldn't agree with you more. As humans we can only do so much to make the world we live in a better place for evryone but we live in a world that cannot be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->