OT: Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Nope. The person on the other side of me never came back after the first period either.

LOL WTF. When I sat there, people to my right were first timers, and they didn't even stand up for a goal. Their parents even commented "don't look too excited". Your seat is like the bad egg or something.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
LOL WTF. When I sat there, people to my right were first timers, and they didn't even stand up for a goal. Their parents even commented "don't look too excited". Your seat is like the bad egg or something.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with my seat either. In the home games I've been to where I sat in my own seat (moved sections on Saturday), I've had:

1/20 vs. Chicago: Left - some random girl who spent most of the game on her phone and left after two periods. Right - random Coyotes fans I've never seen again.

1/23 vs. Columbus: Left - nobody. Right - nobody.

1/26 vs. Los Angeles: Left - nobody. Right - random Coyotes fans I've never seen again.

1/28 vs. Nashville: Left - myself, technically, I bought my dad a ticket elsewhere in the section but then occupied this seat myself while he sat next to me in my actual seat. No one tried claiming the seat. Right - hard to tell, probably Coyotes "fans" but they seemed to have no idea what was going on and were barely paying attention.

1/30 vs. Edmonton: Didn't go.

2/4 vs. Minnesota: Left - nobody. Right - some random person who barely paid attention to the game and left midway through the third period.

2/7 vs. Chicago: Left - nobody. Right - Blackhawks fan (she didn't seem to know hockey but screamed when the Hawks scored) with her Coyotes fan boyfriend/dad/something (was hard to tell).

2/16 vs. Columbus - Sat in 229 instead.

2/18 vs. Calgary: Left - nobody. Right - old lady who never came back after the first period.

I'm assuming that the seat to my left is a season ticket owned by a broker and they don't really have any luck selling it because it's a single (one to the left of that is the aisle seat and is occupied by a STH). At least 5 of the seats to my right are probably just up for sale as single game tickets; they've been different people every time, if anybody. Would make sense since most of them have not seemed to really have much of a clue how hockey works beyond recognizing when a goal is scored.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
That's why I don't like the military flyovers at sporting events. Honor those in uniform that fight for us, sure. Like the Coyotes do with the hero of the game, or have a reunion on the field/ice - a soldier coming home from active duty after so long, that's AMAZING!!!!

But why glorify our military power? It sends the wrong idea IMO. I'm probably in the major minority with this, but our military should be a last resort. I want us out of Afghanistan, and I don't want us trying to form a certain type of government in another country. Sure, take down the dictator, or the oppressive government. But since we did it in Iraq, why aren't we doing it in Syria, why aren't we doing it in North Korea, why aren't we doing it in Iran?

Didn't mean to turn this into a political rant, but we don't have the money to spend on wars, but we continue to do so.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but i'm pretty sure most people like the fly overs because it's loud. It just gets you amped for the game.
I don't think it has really anything to do with acknowledging military power.
At least that is my take on it.

Last edited:

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I tend to question if it's worth the money just to amp the crowd...

Solid point. Maybe they have to take them for test runs anyways or something? I don't know too much about that though.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I were interviewed in regard of a video of a bullied kid that went around the web because I've been in a similar situation myself.

Mind if I ask why you're asking?

The clip:
http://www.tv4play.se/program/nyhetsmorgon?video_id=1557992

Me with my son, video is almost two years old though. Oh and it's in Swedish so you're not going to understand ****. =P

I was just asking because it's not all that often that I come across someone on speaking terms that has been on tv or in a movie for that matter.

Also by on tv I don't just mean like one is shown on tv while at a sporting event. Stuff like what you have done or if someone was an extra or had role on a tv show, etc etc.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Changed my username from Tricia McMillan.

People were mistaking me for a girl.
When I saw your entry in the fan bio thread, I thought I'd missed something, but decided you'd have broached the issue yourself if you felt like sharing. But now that you bring it up, can I know what was the significance of the name, boy named Sue Tricia?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
When I saw your entry in the fan bio thread, I thought I'd missed something, but decided you'd have broached the issue yourself if you felt like sharing. But now that you bring it up, can I know what was the significance of the name, boy named Sue Tricia?

Trillian. Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Tricia McMillan (also called Trillian) is a character from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, my favorite novel series. What possessed me to decide to use that for a username on a message board dedicated to hockey, I'm not sure; I must have been drunk that night maybe.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Tricia McMillan (also called Trillian) is a character from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, my favorite novel series. What possessed me to decide to use that for a username on a message board dedicated to hockey, I'm not sure; I must have been drunk that night maybe.

Count me in on the people who thought you were a girl. And I was wondering where this mysterious "Rundblad" user came from with a Turris avatar :sarcasm:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Match Play delayed amid snowstorm

The opening round of the Match Play Championship was suspended Wednesday when slush on the green gave way to snow that covered the fairways and greens at Dove Mountain and made it impossible to play.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8966896/match-play-championship-opener-halted-arizona-snow

480501_526067957443331_542392989_n.jpg

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Read about the firing of Lindy Ruff, which sent me off on a tangent - so far, for every head coach in Phoenix, that has been his last head coaching job:

Hay
Schoenfeld
Francis
Bowness
Gretzky
Tippett* - still active

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm just off the 17 at bell and didn't get any more than a few bits of soft hail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad