OT: Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Such a rough world we live in when you can't get onions on your burger.

Anyone here ever had the Boar's Head sandwiches? I pass by it on my way to my seat. Might try it Monday.

zz

Nov 1, 2006

Anyone here ever had the Boar's Head sandwiches? I pass by it on my way to my seat. Might try it Monday.

Eh, pretty much the same as the rest of the food there. Totally overpriced, of course, and the sandwiches are smallish, but they're not completely disgusting.

Last night I had the 'family nachos' - loaded with meat, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, large portion served in a pizza box, it actually was enough for 2 for $15. Not a bad deal.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
When I used to go to Coyotes games, I'd usually make a stop at In-N-Out burger on the way to the Job. Food is about half as much as arena food and 100x better.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

That's pretty much all I eat there, I think it's pretty damn tasty for fast food and one of the only "healthy" options.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Boar's Head stuff is legit. Basically what a lot of delis and small places use. Not your typical Aramark junk.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Boar's Head cold cuts are the best in the world and the most commonly used for sandwiches in New York. Expensive as ****(i.e. $10 a pound for ham) but well worth it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If you like Top Gear, tonight's episode was as good as the Vietnam special IMO. And they still have 500 miles to go, so it's 2 parts. Cant wait.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
OT: Franchise Hockey Manger '13

Apologies if these sorts of threads aren't allowed.

Franchise Hockey Manager '13 had its open beta come out today. You can gain access by pre-ordering the game for $30 which also discounts you $10 under the final retail price.

It's a great hockey sim that is the spiritual successor of EHM 2007. Any armchair GM Coyote fan will enjoy the game.

Link

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
What is this? I am intrigued. "Be A GM" is my favorite thing to play in the NHL games.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What is this? I am intrigued. "Be A GM" is my favorite thing to play in the NHL games.

It's EA's "Be a GM" mode on steroids. Graphics aren't its strong suit, its all text-based, but that's what imagination is for.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
EHM was great, but I have my doubts about this new setup. Can't even find screenshots or a summary of features. It's also not an open beta if I have to pay to get in. ;)

KG

Sep 23, 2010
EHM was great, but I have my doubts about this new setup. Can't even find screenshots or a summary of features. It's also not an open beta if I have to pay to get in. ;)

Feature list:

Today OOTP announced an initial feature list for FHM 2013. Keep in mind that this is still an initial list and things may change:

Windows and Mac support
Two game modes: Modern and Historical
2012-13 game start with these playable leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, WHL, OHL, KHL, DEL, Elitserien and EIHL
Over 1,000 teams, comprising nearly 100 leagues, that are non-playable but are stocked with real players
Start any NHL season from 1947-48 through today, with players appearing on their actual teams or in a draft
Real stats, finances, and rules
Detailed player model with over 30 skills in 5 main categories
Trades, player transfers, RFA/UFA signings, and more
Set lines and tactics and make changes on the fly during games that feature a huge, editable play-by-play database
News engine featuring a database packed with thousands of articles
Stat keeping, including CORSI and Fenwick
Almost everything is editable, from logos and colors to data to league rules and more
Fantasy draft
The OOTP Devs are thinking about a second fantasy draft for player rights but that's just an idea on paper right now
Expansion draft - You can move teams, "delete" them or add new teams, player from deleted teams become FAs, if you add new teams you can hold an expansion draft (existing teams can protect player). All this is possible before any season you want

Link to screens:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/fhm-general-discussions/228666-last-pre-beta-screenshots.html

Logos aren't in the game due to legal reasons, the first mod packs are already out for them.

It's a beta, so obviously the game isn't completed.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
So does it just simulate all the games and trades etc? And you make your own trades, sign your own players etc

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Today I am pleased that New Zealand are playing in their first test match since the two disasters in South Africa.

Muppet is probably the only one who has any clue what I'm talking about so I'll refrain from talking to myself too much about it.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Don't know what you're talking about ^^

So I ordered 3 jerseys recently and just got them.
I got:
Kings vintage purple/gold Kopitar
Ottawa Senators alternate "the one with the O" Spezza
Montreal Canadiens throwback "CAC" jersey Cammalleri

They are fantastic looking jerseys if I must say so myself.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Mildly on topic but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

When I get food at the arena I usually end up getting one of the burger and fries combos. Tonight I did, and at the condiment station I noticed that there were no longer chopped onions available - they used to have relish and onions served with spoons but this time there were just relish packets along with the ketchup and mustard packets. I thought that kind of sucked because I liked putting the chopped onions on my burger.

Well if you liked to put as much onion on your burgers as I do on my Coyotes dogs, them eliminating the free onions will save the team owner about $30 million per season.

No onions for the hot dogs and burgers is a small price to pay for team profitability...

:sarcasm:

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I remember I tried to play EHM years ago. Had no idea what I was doing. Maybe I downloaded an imcomplete version of it or something, but it looked nuts. Had the whole ECHL Phoenix Roadrunners team on it. Just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do, ha.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I remember I tried to play EHM years ago. Had no idea what I was doing. Maybe I downloaded an imcomplete version of it or something, but it looked nuts. Had the whole ECHL Phoenix Roadrunners team on it. Just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do, ha.

It takes time to learn especially if you're unfamiliar with PC games in general.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Hey guys, I was just telling my brother about a picture I saw a year or two ago, of Gretzky wearing a full Kachina uniform during a Coyotes practice at the ice den as part of some promotion in like 2000 or 2001, before we all began to hate him. Does anybody no where I can find that picture by any chance? I've looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Looking For Some Help

Hey guys, I was hoping someone could really help me out. To start off I am a Rangers fan but if I had to choose a second team it would be Phoenix. I was suppose to move to Phoenix last year for business but it fell through. As I was preparing to move I put a deposit down for season tickets, but had to cancel. I have been looking every where for an OEL t-shirt jersey. I was hoping to find an XL in the black alternate but have not been able to find one. I would even settle for the red one. Does anyone know of any stores in the Phoenix area I can call and see if they will deliver to New Jersey. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could really help me out. To start off I am a Rangers fan but if I had to choose a second team it would be Phoenix. I was suppose to move to Phoenix last year for business but it fell through. As I was preparing to move I put a deposit down for season tickets, but had to cancel. I have been looking every where for an OEL t-shirt jersey. I was hoping to find an XL in the black alternate but have not been able to find one. I would even settle for the red one. Does anyone know of any stores in the Phoenix area I can call and see if they will deliver to New Jersey. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Worth a shot:

If you have any questions about the Phoenix Coyotes team store, please contact us at 623.772.3852.

http://www.jobingarena.com/den.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad