Player Discussion Phillip Danault's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They were saying on 690 other day, 4 year - 14 million

Sounds about right to me. How many more years of RFA does he have? 2 more years I'm assuming? So that contract would be 2 years of RFA and 2 years of UFA. I would go for the 6 year deal with the same AAV taking him to age 30/31. Eller is a very similar comparison and he got a 5 year deal (all UFA years) at $3.5M a few months ago. Both Eller and Danault are 3rd line centers that can produce 0.5 pts/game if they have good seasons.

If Danault wants more, give him a 1 year deal (if he actually has 2 more years of RFA left). Then you have a better sample size to judge a long term commitment. He's only played 187 NHL games. That is a little more than 2 seasons.

Boone Jenner is a very similar situation as well as he is RFA after 5 NHL seasons and was also drafted in 2011. He is also a 0.5 pts/game player but he has played more games (342) and he has one season at 49 pts a few seasons ago (with 30 goals). I expect Jenner to get more so hopefully they sign him soon and we can based Danault contract AAV to be a bit lower than him.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Eller > Danault
3.5 mil - 3.25 mil

4 years 13 million

Eller is beast mode in the playoffs again this season...

Why did Bergevin trade him again? Oh ya he was friends with Subban the other playoff beast... And at 6 foot 2, 210 pounds, he didn't meet our small French Center position criteria.

Eller finally is put in a position to show his offense with the emmergence of the all mighty EGG line! IT'S PURE MAGIC

usa-today-7546792.0.jpg

MB: Michel you have to break dat up and get DesHarnais going.

MT: Don't worry Marc, i'm gonna f*** my lines up real nice!

marc-bergevin-michel-therrien.jpg

MB: And Michel... get rid of dat Tripple Low Five au plus criss!.. Nobody in this organization is gonna be cooler den me.

560708024660452a25e45e4f8c24f6e1.jpg

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Anyone know this guy?

A nobody. He's stating the obvious.
He's basically saying Danault would get between 2 mil to 3.75 mil. I think thats clear. Danault hasn't done enough to get 4+ million and he's good enough to get 2+ million.
4-5 years is obvious too. He's not a star player so he shouldnt be getting 6-7 years and he's young enough that you can give him 4-5 mil.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Eller > Danault
3.5 mil - 3.25 mil

4 years 13 million

Eller is beast mode in the playoffs again this season...

Why did Bergevin trade him again? Oh ya he was friends with Subban the other playoff beast... And at 6 foot 2, 210 pounds, he didn't meet our small French Center position criteria.

Eller finally is put in a position to show his offense with the emmergence of the all mighty EGG line! IT'S PURE MAGIC

View attachment 120625

MB: Michel you have to break dat up and get DesHarnais going.

MT: Don't worry Marc, i'm gonna f*** my lines up real nice!

View attachment 120627Eller finally gets a chance to play with talented players, and who knew, he produced!! That pic of Therrien and MB laughing on the set of A/C makes me wanna puke...

MB: And Michel... get rid of dat Tripple Low Five au plus criss!.. Nobody in this organization is gonna be cooler den me.

View attachment 120629

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I'm happy with two second round picks and the "small french center" we're looking to sign now. The team isn't an eller away from contention.
But we had 2 better 2nd round picks that we gave up, and the small French center will never measure up. And an Eller here a Subban there, add a Radulov here... it all ads up.

Reactions: habs73

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Jesus Christ, pump the f***ing brakes buddy.

I'm by no means a member of the Danault fan club, but DLR is by no means a 3C, and is nowhere near emerging as a replacement for Danault. That is honestly rediculous.

Please gtfo of the internet Grant.

(Edit: this is not directed at you L4br3cqu3, only that shill McCagg)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
signing somebody like PD should be the absolute least of our priorities or concerns.....he can be replaced very easily.....players like PD are not very hard to find

Not that I think Danault is untouchable on the Habs or anything, buuuuuuut no, we actually need more centers, not less, he's not easily replaceable because of that context (thanks Bergevin !), and anyway, he's at least a good 3rd line C on a strong team (which we're not, especially at center, thanks again Bergevin !), so we might as well sign him.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I like Danault and have no issue signing him to a 4 year deal. However if he can be part of a trade package that’s fine as well. Similar (but older) players will be available on short term deals.

The Habs have too many holes to make almost any player untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany