FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Games played since Danault last scored on an NHL goaltender:

34.png

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Happy Anniversary to Phil Danault's last regular season goal! Yes, one complete calendar year ago -- February 29, to be precise -- Danault scored a goal against Carolina.

His baby slump is becoming a toddler!

But he's sure he has another offensive gear! Worst bet he has ever made. He must be hating himself for not grabbing the 30 mil and run away. What an absolutely dumb move.

Trade him ASAP

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
But he's sure he has another offensive gear! Worst bet he has ever made. He must be hating himself for not grabbing the 30 mil and run away. What an absolutely dumb move.

Trade him ASAP
Another reason why none of this adds up. How can an effective two-way player be reduced so quickly to a barely one-way player? Especially in a contract year. I keep waiting for the 2018/19 Danault to return, but it's getting harder and harder to remember what that guy looked like when I see the timid, clueless player who's currently wearing his number.

As a fellow human being I feel bad for Danault; as a hockey fan I want him benched and outta here.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Happy Anniversary to Phil Danault's last regular season goal! Yes, one complete calendar year ago -- February 29, to be precise -- Danault scored a goal against Carolina.

His baby slump is becoming a toddler!
Does everyone remember when Gomez went one calendar year, and no goals!! There were articles, jokes and countdown calendars.
5Mil/Phil has embarassed himself now, and no going back.
On top of that he has become a liability in his own end....
So glad he turned that deal down......he will look good in a Sharks uniform.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I still love this player. We need to do what we can to surround him with talent. We need Tom Wilson on this team. I think he would fit perfectly with PD.

Who can we give up guys? We need a rebuild bad.
Not sure if serious. Tom Wilson plays with Ovie. He is his protector and crush net guy. WTF? You think Danault would be good with Wilson? LOL.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The good news is that he still has value, especially to a team that wants to do some damage in the playoffs. If Bergevin wanted to trade him, there will be a bunch of teams willing to give something up.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Does everyone remember when Gomez went one calendar year, and no goals!! There were articles, jokes and countdown calendars.
Jokes aside (not that I'd ever make jokes), the ball is now in the coaches' hands. Danault should sit out. And for godsakes... don't play him in OT!! The Habs are more about mentoring than playing.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Man, you guys really have an ax to grind against this guy because he leads the team in first assists at even strength...

I mean if he's a total liability offensively while he leads the entire team in assists what does that says about the other guys? :facepalm:
OMG. You are still bringing this 'even strength' argument. The guy has not scored a goal on an NHL goalie in one year. Give it up man. LOL. He is done. over. Bergevin should have moved him last deadline. Now too late. Another Bergevin f*** up. Danault is OVER. Finished. Done.

Wake up dude. You don't seem to get it.
This is the National Hockey League. Not kindergarten. Perform. Or GTFO.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You tried to convince us DD was a worthy 1st C. You told us Drouin was actually a good center for us, now you're defending Danault for being almost useless. I actually applaud you from being so fanatic while being wrong so many times.
I am not able to make likes because offences. But this gets my like.

Reactions: Rosso Scuderia

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

How many games did it take Gomer to finally score? I can't remember. 70? 80?

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Took Gomez 368 days to finally score. Dann0 is catching up quickly, without a peep from anywhere.

Reactions: BLONG7

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
I hot bad news for you guys, dano is here to stay, and remain on top 2 line. Only bcz he is french Canadian.

Reactions: expy

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
His underlying numbers are strong. If we lose him we are in big trouble. Keep on keeping on and fix the overall team system and all else will follow. Of all the centers in the North he has the best Expected Goals % and up there in Goals For %. It's a shutdown/possession line, not a scoring line and one of the best three lines in the NHL the last three years. People need to add some nuance to their thinking.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
His underlying numbers are strong. If we lose him we are in big trouble. Keep on keeping on and fix the overall team system and all else will follow. Of all the centers in the North he has the best Expected Goals % and up there in Goals For %. It's a shutdown/possession line, not a scoring line and one of the best three lines in the NHL the last three years. People need to add some nuance to their thinking.
He doesn't pass the eye test anymore. Previous seasons aren't relevant. He's in a 50-game slump, at what point do we stop calling it a slump? People are ready to crucify Price over 10 bad games.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Took Gomez 368 days to finally score. Dann0 is catching up quickly, without a peep from anywhere.
February 5th 2011 to February 9th 2012.

So 369 to be precise.

60 games, 53 in the reg and 7 in playoffs.

Da no goals:

February 29th 2020 last goal in reg

Scored August 19th 2020 in the playoffs

Present sequence 24 games without a goal in the reg. 21 games without a goal in reg+playoffs.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
He doesn't pass the eye test anymore. Previous seasons aren't relevant. He's in a 50-game slump, at what point do we stop calling it a slump? People are ready to crucify Price over 10 bad games.

He looks fine to me. Fans need a whipping boy. There are other, more pronounced problems with this team. There is a lack of creativity running through the lineup, other than Suzuki and now Drouin since he is going again. KK has potential to improve this as well. We need to reshuffle our defense from the Trident philosophy to a transition emphasis. We have the horses to get it done.

Price's demise is premature also. These players can all shoot the puck now, you can't let anyone walk in point blank. He can make a ton of those saves, but it will catch up to anyone. An advanced stats dig on his season last year showed he ranked with the best in the league, he just had a heavier burden.

I think Claude did what he had to do with what he had and now we need a shift of emphasis. Claude was too slow to make that move and it cost him, but I think he was trying to keep the kids in smaller roles as long as he could to get them experience.

We are going to make the playoffs and we have plenty of time to right the ship. This IS a deep team and we'll make a run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad