Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I said before that we couldn't move Danault because if we want to make the POs then we can't move such a piece. I assumed he would still be a decent player though, he looks terrible and hasn't scored in about 20 games. Move this guy already.

Move him at his lowest value?

hard pass

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I still love this player. We need to do what we can to surround him with talent. We need Tom Wilson on this team. I think he would fit perfectly with PD.

Who can we give up guys? We need a rebuild bad.

Reactions: Apeironic

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I still love this player. We need to do what we can to surround him with talent. We need Tom Wilson on this team. I think he would fit perfectly with PD.

Who can we give up guys? We need a rebuild bad.
Anyone over 21, including the management.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And he is hard to play with. . As a winger. You want the puck on tape to rush the net. Danault is totally a liability offensively. And not a good playmaker for his linemate
Man, you guys really have an ax to grind against this guy because he leads the team in first assists at even strength...

I mean if he's a total liability offensively while he leads the entire team in assists what does that says about the other guys? :facepalm:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This has to be the reason why people crap on him all the time, he's just the definition of unspectacular...

But the numbers are always there to back him up...
I dont crap on him all the time i think hes looked awful this entire season . Im a fan of his but theres no chance he should be playing 21 minutes like what??

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
This has to be the reason why people crap on him all the time, he's just the definition of unspectacular...

But the numbers are always there to back him up...

That big fat zero in the goal column you mean? His stats are that of a 3rd line center. Highest output was 57 points. Most goals is 13. Wants top line bucks and has no business being anything but a shutdown guy on a bottom six trio.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
At some point Montreal is going to have to play it's young players heavy minutes, for **** sakes what's the worst that can happen? Poor Philip danault wouldn't want to cut his ice time to develop the literal future of the franchise and 2 best C prospects we've had in 20 years. Smh it's like clockwork with this team it's embarassing to be a fan of this franchise sometimes

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
At some point Montreal is going to have to play it's young players heavy minutes, for **** sakes what's the worst that can happen? Poor Philip danault wouldn't want to cut his ice time to develop the literal future of the franchise and 2 best C prospects we've had in 20 years. Smh it's like clockwork with this team it's embarassing to be a fan of this franchise sometimes
Could you image the solid rebuild we could make? Montreal always had the assets to rebuild but not to compete. Tatar, Weber, Price, Byron, Danault, Gallagher and even Petry could fetch you 4-5 first rounder and a couple of second. If only Montreal could bid on the youth for once instead of staying on this perpentual never ending circle of suck. Of course you suck even more for 3-4 years but you are set for a decade after that if you draft wisely.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Very curious to what Danault's next contract will look like. He's only scored 1 goal (an empty netter) in the last 35 games. Those types of players don't get paid 5 million.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad