Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
February 5th 2011 to February 9th 2012.

So 369 to be precise.

60 games, 53 in the reg and 7 in playoffs.

Da no goals:

February 29th 2020 last goal in reg

Scored August 19th 2020 in the playoffs

Present sequence 24 games without a goal in the reg. 21 games without a goal in reg+playoffs.
His goal in the playoffs was an empty netter. I was only counting the goals against a goalie lol. And I stand corrected on Gomez.

Reactions: SirClintonPortis

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Felipe getting wrecked by the high skillz and speed of the North division. He probably was thinking this division has crap for D and he could light it up finally at a 25 in 82 pace.

Funny, but Phillip has 4 goals in 5 games against Vegas. His best pace. LOL
4 goals in 14 against the Rangers, and 4 in 17 against the Panthers. All teams that will not be showing up at his doorstep this year.

5 goals in 10 against the Jets, but they kept him quiet so far.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think that would be the final straw for many

He hands out contracts without doing the math all the time, and didn't he donut turn down 5x6 already? That means he probably wants 6x5 to stay, Bergy will meet him close soon as he scores his first goal.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I thank God he didn't sign that extension. We have enough unmovable guys.

Bergevin has been saved a few times by players not signing contracts. I think this is at least the third time, with Lucic and Duchene being the other two.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
February 5th 2011 to February 9th 2012.

So 369 to be precise.

60 games, 53 in the reg and 7 in playoffs.

Da no goals:

February 29th 2020 last goal in reg

Scored August 19th 2020 in the playoffs

Present sequence 24 games without a goal in the reg. 21 games without a goal in reg+playoffs.

And here is his only goal in the last calendar year (as of tomorrow), the scrum afterwards when there was a late hit, on Lehkonen I think.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Good thing we have Danault to shelter Suzuki and Kotkaniemi from the North's division big bad wolves.
Honestly if we shit the bed for the rest of the year, I hope we can trade Danault, maybe even Tatar, and f*** it, just go with the kids. I'd try Vejdemo on the 4th, put Evans as the 3rd C. If we lose, might as well lose with kids going through growing pains.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Honestly if we shit the bed for the rest of the year, I hope we can trade Danault, maybe even Tatar, and f*** it, just go with the kids. I'd try Vejdemo on the 4th, put Evans as the 3rd C. If we lose, might as well lose with kids going through growing pains.
They don't want to go through growing pains when winning...nevermind when losing.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
In our 10 game skid where we are 2-5-3, our leader in points is Danault despite playing no time on the PP. During that period, he has as many ES points as Suzuki and Kotkaniemi combined.

At combined ES/PP, he's playing about 2:30 less than Suzuki and about 1:30 more than Kotkaniemi.

We aren't struggling just because of Danault, it is also because after a hot start Suzuki/KK have struggled which is to be expected considering their minimal experience.

I get that KK doesn't have the greatest linemates, but if he wants to get more offensive opportunities he can't go 3 of the last 4 games without getting even 1 shot on net.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Poor Phil. How can you live with yourself after turning 30 millions down? Which by the way was more than a fair offer. What the hell was he thinking? He should fired his agent. I mean will he comeback to normal. Will he be able to forgive himself for such a enormous brain fart? If he doesnt make peace with his decision it will get worst for him. The way hes playing right now , hes not even NHL caliber. From 30 millions to zero. Thats quite a tough pill to swallow

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Poor Phil. How can you live with yourself after turning 30 millions down? Which by the way was more than a fair offer. What the hell was he thinking? He should fired his agent. I mean will he comeback to normal. Will he be able to forgive himself for such a enormous brain fart? If he doesnt make peace with his decision it will get worst for him. The way hes playing right now , hes not even NHL caliber. From 30 millions to zero. Thats quite a tough pill to swallow
Well what if the agent told him to take it , and he thinking he is a top center rejected?? Maybe the agent should fire him.
He actually strikes me being that arrogant and dumb

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Well what if the agent told him to take it , and he thinking he is a top center rejected?? Maybe the agent should fire him.
He actually strikes me being that arrogant and dumb

If its the case he still should fire him for not punching him in the face to wake him up. He was clearly delusional.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If its the case he still should fire him for not punching him in the face to wake him up. He was clearly delusional.
Hahahaha, you right, but he been touted as the local star, keeps hearing media say we need french players, so he thought he had all the bargaining chips. Only issue he forgot he no better then scott gomez, and to be fair to scott, he declined at a way later age then danault, and danault was never as good as scott at his peak.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
In our 10 game skid where we are 2-5-3, our leader in points is Danault despite playing no time on the PP. During that period, he has as many ES points as Suzuki and Kotkaniemi combined.

At combined ES/PP, he's playing about 2:30 less than Suzuki and about 1:30 more than Kotkaniemi.

We aren't struggling just because of Danault, it is also because after a hot start Suzuki/KK have struggled which is to be expected considering their minimal experience.

I get that KK doesn't have the greatest linemates, but if he wants to get more offensive opportunities he can't go 3 of the last 4 games without getting even 1 shot on net.
It's worked for Danault for so long...maybe Kotkaniemi figured it's the best way to get more icetime.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->