Player Discussion Phillip Danault part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
My buddy's like he looks like a Selke winner those last 2 games, hard to disagree lol
He was very impressive tonight
Hes finally excelling in a purely defensive role, he always had it in him, putting him with radulov f***ed him for a couple years

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah but I find his line is doing great in the offensive zone too. Tons of chances, and Danault especially has been great. I think offense will come.

Yeah he could have had two primary assist in Game 1 in the first 10 mins but his wingers couldn’t bury. They’ll get their greasy goals.

Reactions: angusyoung

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Agreed, don't read Kotkaniemi's thread. It's even worse.

Yes I know and I don't get it for either player. At the start of the season, everybody wanted to dump Danault, whereas for me it is clear that a team without a star 1C/2C NEEDS Danault not to lose against opposite top lines. As for KK, the guy is a 20y old in his third NHL season already playing a solid physical game at 3C while scoring goals in the playoffs, while playing on a line which does not really fit his style of play.

I would wish for Danult to score a bit more points in the playoffs though, even 0.4 PPG ^^

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agreed, don't read Kotkaniemi's thread. It's even worse.

It's the worst thread on HF. It's only marginally better for me because I ignored all the idiots..

But it's telling that in games where we won and we lose, that his thread is at the top.. even last night where he was solid but unspectacular and got an assist on the GWG, there's still people down on him.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Was spectacular last night. One of the best defensive games I've seen in a long time. And some were saying he'd be exposed because there was no star to cover. LOL.
Won all the key draws (unlike Suzuki). Made some great backchecks. He has amazing awareness and puck retrieval skills. That plastic man body serves him well.
And his line had offensive pressure more than any line.
Phil was the STAR last night.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Was spectacular last night. One of the best defensive games I've seen in a long time. And some were saying he'd be exposed because there was no star to cover. LOL.
Won all the key draws (unlike Suzuki). Made some great backchecks. He has amazing awareness and puck retrieval skills. That plastic man body serves him well.

it’s worrisome he clears more rebounds than our D loll

Reactions: azcanuck

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
weirdly I see Danault start to get more respect from other teams fanbases than he does here. He’s a throwback elite shutdown player in the mold of carbo.
If by lack of respect you mean being praised for his defensive play i agree

Reactions: angusyoung

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The disrespect he gets around these parts is unbelievable.

it's embarassing. I just hope he doesn't take us to the cleaners. I got a feeling he will and we have little choice.

If KK and Poehling were more proven and we had a better idea what we had in them then we could probably let him walk but we just can't.

We're definitely in a bit of a fix. We can't be paying too much for role players and we're getting primed to do that even more than we are doing right now with these upcoming Armia and Danault contracts. But these 2 are pretty key right now.

What HabsWhiteKnight said about having both Gally and Anderson with those contracts is too much and I think I agree. Gally's playing well enough but you have to think that Evans could do a comparable job and possibly even better.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Stat of the day - combined games 1 & 2

Suzuki has taken 10-DZone faceoffs and won 7 (that’s 70% success rate), and the 3-he’s lost has led to VGK goals. What that tells me is Toffoli & Caufield have been poor at coverage when a faceoff is lost, just saying..

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Stat of the day - combined games 1 & 2

Suzuki has taken 10-DZone faceoffs and won 7 (that’s 70% success rate), and the 3-he’s lost has led to VGK goals. What that tells me is Toffoli & Caufield have been poor at coverage when a faceoff is lost, just saying..

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad