Player Discussion Phillip Danault part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Given the fact he had one assist each round, care to tell us wich opposing line HE outproduced so far ?

I said line, so no idea why you have "HE" in caps.

As i mentioned, Danault and Gallagher finished +2 against Wheeler and +1 against Conor....

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hey Phil, you did great at what you were supposed to do and we won! But hey, we need to cut down your ice time because you were too good at it lol.

That being said lol, we need Danaults line to outproduce his matchup line again if we will have success against the Knights. All four lines have to roll
Given the fact he had one assist each round, care to tell us wich opposing line HE outproduced so far ?

If the Stone Pacioretty duo produce like the Matthew's Marner duo, and that output produces Danault's line, that would be huge for us, and another job well done by Phil.

Reactions: canucklover123

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Need some production out of Gallagher’s line. He is the best player on that line , he makes it go.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If the Stone Pacioretty duo produce like the Matthew's Marner duo, and that output produces Danault's line, that would be huge for us, and another job well done by Phil.
I said line, so no idea why you have "HE" in caps.

As i mentioned, Danault and Gallagher finished +2 against Wheeler and +1 against Conor....

by Danault line you mean Gallagher and Evans/Lehkonen. That's the new thing now, since Danault himself suck offensively we'll look at his linemates to make him look somewhat decent ?? you guys are desperate, for some weird reason really.

You know it's OK if Danault is not a .fantastic player or have amazing stats right ? He can be a good defensive player without being the very best ever... I mean, that's not enough for a guy with 1 assist per round ?

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
So, here is the issue........and I have said before, I love Phil, as a 3rd line C.............that's what he is. A shutdown centre, and very very good at it...........if we take your question to the main board, there would be fans of the other 30 teams come running to tell you there are 2 guys on every team who does what Phil does, and also provides offence.
So, then, out come the defenders, who say, what? Phil is the most amazing player in the league right now, he shuts everyone down!!!
He is the C on that line, and should get the credit, but then there is his wingers, and Gally is actually the guy who stirs the drink on that line......helping shut people down, and creating some, but limited offence.
To answer your question, is he the best pure defensive forward in the game? Wow..........no, guys like Stone, and Bergeron say hold my beer......and they are better at it, and wow look at their numbers. They are so much better at the D side of the puck, and actually drive their lines and produce.
You have to SCORE goals to actually win games.

To answer your next question, are we still in the playoffs without Phil...........I think the answer is in our net, Price. As we know Price is THE reason we beat TO. Phil did a good job vs Matthews, but Price was amazing.

Now the defnders are going to come running on this post, but let's just relax, again I have already said ALL along Phil has been very good for us, very very good, but his offensive game has disappeared, which luckily for us while it has, kids like Suzuki and KK have picked up the slack in that area by scoring....yes scoring....Price probably really appreciates that, and not just having a shutdown guy alone....we all know where that leads us to, nowhere.

Price since 2015 in our limited playoff appearances is something like 17-0 when we SCORE 3 goals or more...
As people have pointed out, Phil has not scored, so he is NOT the sole reason we are where we are right now...but he is one of them, and I am glad he is playing well on our side of the puck, and getting to eat pizza at PC's

Flame away kids!!

Not going to comment all your post but to me, Stone and Bergeron aren’t pure defensive forward, they are elite two-way forwards. Obviously, they are better than Danault when it comes to their overall game.

Price is our MVP, I don’t think we can argue that. But IMO, we would be discussing offseason right now if we didn’t have Danault.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
by Danault line you mean Gallagher and Evans/Lehkonen. That's the new thing now, since Danault himself suck offensively we'll look at his linemates to make him look somewhat decent ?? you guys are desperate, for some weird reason really.

You know it's OK if Danault is not a .fantastic player or have amazing stats right ? He can be a good defensive player without being the very best ever... I mean, that's not enough for a guy with 1 assist per round ?

What I stated and what I backed up are 100% factual. What you have stated in the past and that I had to correct were 100% accurate as well unfortunately for you.

You can make your own conclusions though, its a forum, so have at it fam :)

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

Honestly, I am more concerned how the rest of the team matches up, they have more depth on their other lines that what we've competed against so far. I might be discounting the Stone/Patches duo but I think there the easiest of the three team duos we've faced so far in pure offence (Matthews/Marner, Conor/Wheeler)

Should be interesting

Edit: Actually without Schiefle adding to that line, I would put Patches/Stone ahead of Conor/Wheeler).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Elite defensively. Can hang with good offensive linemates, but won't create offensively on his own except sporadically.

For the playoffs, all we need is the elite defensive part against the other team's top offensive line. Let the Suzuki, KK, and Perry lines lead the offense.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Need some production out of Gallagher’s line. He is the best player on that line , he makes it go.

Production? Gallagher got the big goal in Game 7 vs. the Leafs. Had 1 goal 2 assists vs. Jets. Lehkonen had 2 goals and an assist in 3 games vs. Jets. That is great production considering they also completely neutralize the other team’s top line.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think we lose to the Leafs without him. He's been incredibly valuable. Seems like he's come to his senses when he made the comments about us being successful because everyone has accepted his role.

Reactions: Dichow Stopper

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Production? Gallagher got the big goal in Game 7 vs. the Leafs. Had 1 goal 2 assists vs. Jets. Lehkonen had 2 goals and an assist in 3 games vs. Jets. That is great production considering they also completely neutralize the other team’s top line.

Also had ZERO offensive zone starts in the jets series until game 7

Reactions: aresknights

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like Gally, but I'm not exactly impressed with him this playoffs. Especially for someone that will make 6.5 million next year. His goal against Campbell doesn't go in 99 times out of 100.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like Gally, but I'm not exactly impressed with him this playoffs. Especially for someone that will make 6.5 million next year. His goal against Campbell doesn't go in 99 times out of 100.

It went in though. And he was rusty coming off an injury but has looked like his old self during the 7 game winning streak.

Again, he’s playing with two guys that can’t pass worth shit. What can he do? The production is there anyways.

Reactions: lou

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It went in though. And he was rusty coming off an injury but has looked like his old self during the 7 game winning streak.

Again, he’s playing with two guys that can’t pass worth shit. What can he do? The production is there anyways.
I feel like Gally always has "rust" or is "injured" in the playoffs. The guy had like 6 goals in his last 43 playoff games before that fluke against Campbell.

I'd say he's been the worst player on that line when he is usually the best. The guy scores 30+ goals with those players in the regular season but shits to bed in the playoffs. When they removed Phil from Gally last year in the playoffs, Gally still sucked except for that 1 game against the Flyers.

Anyways, that line was great against Winnipeg, but they need to keep producing against the Knights if we want a chance because Knights don't only rely on skill like the Leafs and Jets.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

They’ve only scored two goals as a line I believe though. Gallagher’s 1st goal was with Staal and his 2nd came on the power play and Lehkonen’s assist came short handed. So it’s not completely true that line has had great production.

Reactions: habdynasty

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They’ve only scored two goals as a line I believe though. Gallagher’s 1st goal was with Staal and his 2nd came on the power play and Lehkonen’s assist came short handed. So it’s not completely true that line has had great production.

It’s a shutdown line and the individual players are producing. Gallagher is being asked to be Rob Niedermayer but he’s not. It’s silly to complain about lack of production as a unit, it’s not their job.

If any line should be criticized for lack of production it should be the KK line.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Colorado is gonna throw a ridiculous contract Danault's way in the offseason, imo...unless Bargain Bin matches it (which would be a mistake, imo), we're gonna lose him...

Yep I see it coming too, they do have Kadri though they would have to get rid of and he has NTC but 1 year left on his deal

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It’s a shutdown line and the individual players are producing. Gallagher is being asked to be Rob Niedermayer but he’s not. It’s silly to complain about lack of production as a unit, it’s not their job.

If any line should be criticized for lack of production it should be the KK line.

Yes Gallagher has been OK producing a couple goals outside that line. He had a big goal in game 7.

I also never complained about the line, they’ve done very well in their role as a shutdown line and are a big part of why the Habs are in round 3 (as well as KK who has 4 big goals). It’s just a false narrative that line together is producing great.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
What I stated and what I backed up are 100% factual. What you have stated in the past and that I had to correct were 100% accurate as well unfortunately for you.

You can make your own conclusions though, its a forum, so have at it fam :)
all you do is trolling. and I expect you to keep doing it in your next posts.

Reactions: canucklover123

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
since we're in the Danault thread, why don't you tell us about Danauls goals and asssists ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad