OT: Phillies: We Might Just Get A Little Stupid Spending: Offseason Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Literally zero chance we get him after this bozo choked on his own spit for 45 seconds.

People are so whiny around here (assuming you are serious and not making fun of all the whiny people). There is zero chance that Machado is going to decide to play elsewhere because a guy in Philly yelled at him (I couldn't hear it perfectly, but it sounded like he was yelling at him basically saying he wanted him to sign there). He wants one thing: money. He's going to go to the high bidder. If it is close, he is going to go to NY or LA because he's likely to get more advertising exposure. It's pretty simple.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
And if I'm wrong about that and he says he didn't sign because someone yelled at him or because he was afraid of being booed, then I don't want him because his reputation of not caring is probably true and he'll be booed and underperform for the duration of that contract.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yep, face it, Philly is never going to be the first choice of most top players in any sport, if you're gonna be on the East Coast and make mega-millions, NYC has a huge edge. If you want West Coast, LA, if you're Latino and have relatives in central America, Miami. And so on.

Which is why Philly teams should be wary of being used to drive up the price in these auctions, or cajoled into gross overpays that cripple the franchise for a decade. Sixers just went through this last summer, they should focus this summer on extending Butler then signing solid depth instead of chasing another "star."

Klentak has played it right so far, he got a SS and LF, filling the key holes, hasn't used a lot of assets (basically just Crawford and Santana's money), and is position to make multiple moves. He'll bid on Machado and Harper, but the odds are long, Manny wants to play in NY and Harper lives in Las Vegas.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
People are so whiny around here (assuming you are serious and not making fun of all the whiny people). There is zero chance that Machado is going to decide to play elsewhere because a guy in Philly yelled at him (I couldn't hear it perfectly, but it sounded like he was yelling at him basically saying he wanted him to sign there). He wants one thing: money. He's going to go to the high bidder. If it is close, he is going to go to NY or LA because he's likely to get more advertising exposure. It's pretty simple.
Bro, chill the f*** out bro.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
v3ZSjSd.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Bro, chill the **** out bro.
Listen bro, I'm gearing up to end the streak of dumbass twins winning fantasy football leagues, I've got Machado Mania in full swing (possibly even the Machado Flu), and I don't need a bunch of whiners complaining that Area Man was too loud when Highly Sought After Baseball Man came to town. It's Christmas.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Listen bro, I'm gearing up to end the streak of dumbass twins winning fantasy football leagues, I've got Machado Mania in full swing (possibly even the Machado Flu), and I don't need a bunch of whiners complaining that Area Man was too loud when Highly Sought After Baseball Man came to town. It's Christmas.
Literally no one is saying that. Manny was smiling.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Do we need to revisit the highly-unsuccessful-for-you twins vs brothers throwdown? That did not go how you thought it would the first time around. It lasted all of about 7 seconds :laugh:.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

giphy.gif

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
So seems like Machado decision is coming within the next week or two. Phillies haven't met with Harper which is interesting to me. But Harper's decision doesn't seem imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad