OT: Phillies: We Might Just Get A Little Stupid Spending: Offseason Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
Halladay was playing on weak Toronto teams in a really strong AL East. Out of 16 world series between 1996-2011 the AL East won half of them.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wild Thing weighs in on Curt Schilling

(Personally I don’t care either way. Agree that Schilling is an A-H though)

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
What stat lines are you looking at to come to that conclusion? Nothing great about 95 or 96. 97 and 98 no question those are definitely two of his best years. 99 also a very good season, but I don't think I would call that great. 2000 was not a great season. 2001 and 2002, yup great. 2003, very good but not HOF numbers. 2004, aside from getting 20+ wins his numbers again are not what I would consider "great." He was a very good pitcher for most of his career and had very high highs for a handful of seasons. But there is nothing you can say to convince me that from 1995-2004 he was consistently great.View attachment 178749

Read the first and lines of your post and tell me if you actually want me to explain my statement.

Might change your mind if you do a side by side comparison of Schilling and Halladay over those 10 year spans. Let me know what makes Halladay appreciably better than Schilling

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How sick are Philly fans of the Machado/Harper nonsense at this point?

As a White Sox fan this endless saga sucks and I wish they would end this already

I cared for a bit but I gave up and now just assume we won't get either.

If we get one or both? Super.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Think Schilling is a clear-cut Hall of Famer. He's not in the upper echelon of HOFers but definitely comfortably above what should be a reasonable Yes/No line.

Compare him to someone like Smoltz or Halladay, who were pretty easy selections, Schilling should definitely be in.

This is a guy who pitched with Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez, and Schilling was treated like the No. 1 starter in the postseason.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think it's fine to say Schilling shouldn't be in if your standards for a HoF are higher than most, but the Mussina/Halladay/Schilling/Smoltz group should all be either in or out as a general rule.

And Kevin Brown should be right there with them.

Reactions: wankstifier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad