OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You gotta respect a team that sticks to what they believe in.

cut.jpg

Reactions: FLYguy3911

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not glossing over it at all. There is valid criticism of the decision and valid reasons for pulling him. The point is that it didn't lose the game by itself.

But as far as the Postseason streak, who cares? He's a really good Pitcher. If you have info that he's not throwing well right now, fine don't send him out there. I understand that part of the criticism completely. There's no need to set arbitrary time periods for cherry picking data though. How he threw 2 weeks ago doesn't trump how he threw 2 months ago.
Eno Sarris is a great follow for pitching. He showed Anderson’s stuff has been tailing off for a decent while. He was elite early on, but had lowest velo and movement all season lately.

He also pointed out something I did not know, many of these decisions aren’t made by the manager.

Great breakdown on the decision here:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
De Blasio sticking himself into the Mets sale to Cohen.

This smells.

both are huge f***ing assholes, or so I gather from what anyone I have talked to from NY or things i've read about De Blasio but I f***ing hate that piece of shit Cohen who should be in jail for all the illegal naked shorting they did. I worked with investments for 20 years and the stories i've heard are flat out insane the shit he pulled and got away with.

The fact that MLB is rumored to be ok with him, despite the fact that the SEC, IRS, etc.. were all after him, and now the recent charges from women at his firm, point 72. What a f***ing joke.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Eno Sarris is a great follow for pitching. He showed Anderson’s stuff has been tailing off for a decent while. He was elite early on, but had lowest velo and movement all season lately.

He also pointed out something I did not know, many of these decisions aren’t made by the manager.

Great breakdown on the decision here:

Sarris is still one of the best writers around. I'm not surprised he broke it down well.

It's ridiculous to think back on how many absurdly good writers and how many successful people all over MLB have come up through Fangraphs over the years.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Sarris is still one of the best writers around. I'm not surprised he broke it down well.

It's ridiculous to think back on how many absurdly good writers and how many successful people all over MLB have come up through Fangraphs over the years.
He is 90% of the reason I still have an Athletic subscription. His love for Sonny Gray also made me a bunch of money in fantasy baseball, so cash flow has been positive.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I didn’t think they would actually do it.
Love me some white sox, mostly because I own half the team in fantasy. I infamously took Robert over Acuna in our farm draft so it would be nice for him to make me look like less of an idiot.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Love me some white sox, mostly because I own half the team in fantasy. I infamously took Robert over Acuna in our farm draft so it would be nice for him to make me look like less of an idiot.
Ooof. Complete toolshed but that minor league K:BB ratio suggested he wasn’t going to quite live up to the tools.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I picture Jerry Reinsdorf like Mr. Burns in the Simpson's baseball episode asking for players who have been dead for 50 years. I wonder if he worked his way down the winningest manager list with his front office

"I want Connie Mack!"
"He's been dead for almost 70 years."
"Then get me John McGraw"
"He's actually been dead almost 90 years."
"Ok, what about Tony LaRussa. He's not dead is he?"
"Uhh...Actually he's still alive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad