OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
RIP analytics on the South Side of Chicago, I would guess. BUT the possibility that he might go against the grain, vis a vis smallball, station-to-station, etc., is kind of intriguing. If he can stay awake for nine whole innings.

Im gonna sound like a Facebook #AuthenticFan, but analytics legitimately has made baseball less entertaining for me. It hasnt had that effect on me for other sports though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Im gonna sound like a Facebook #AuthenticFan, but analytics legitimately has made baseball less entertaining for me. It hasnt had that effect on me for other sports though.

I grew up with Whiteyball (and interviewed Whitey Herzog once), so I very much appreciate everything that is getting buried now, too.

Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Did it end up as the worst of all time? I know for a while it was on pace for literally the worst total performance ever.
Im not sure, but there was a stat that it near the worst ever. Just like in 2018 they had arguably the worse defensive team ever since tracking UZR in the early 2000s.

I'm quite sure they can find a way. Talk about a bunch of Haggs.

Im not as pessimistic as you are. I just cant see a way their bullpen ERA is over 7. Plus arms out of the pen can be so volatile. Losing JT is terrible though, as well as losing Sixto. If they sign JT then losing Sixto wont be nearly as bad to me as they have Nola.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Im not sure, but there was a stat that it near the worst ever. Just like in 2018 they had arguably the worse defensive team ever since tracking UZR in the early 2000s.

Im not as pessimistic as you are. I just cant see a way their bullpen ERA is over 7. Plus arms out of the pen can be so volatile. Losing JT is terrible though, as well as losing Sixto. If they sign JT then losing Sixto wont be nearly as bad to me as they have Nola.

Well they're in no rush to reshape the org.

Andy MacPhail and Phillies appear in no rush to reshape organization

Is it me or should they be in a dire rush?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Well they're in no rush to reshape the org.

Andy MacPhail and Phillies appear in no rush to reshape organization

Is it me or should they be in a dire rush?

I agree with you, though Im not sure I want MacPhail being the one overhauling. Im not sure how you feel on him, but John Middletown should give a call to Jeff Luhnow. He is out there and in an interview last week he said he is open to working in the MLB, as well as NFL, NBA, and soccer. He would be successful wherever he goes. I dont think he will be hired by the Phillies though. We cant have nice things.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I agree with you, though Im not sure I want MacPhail being the one overhauling. Im not sure how you feel on him, but John Middletown should give a call to Jeff Luhnow. He is out there and in an interview last week he said he is open to working in the MLB, as well as NFL, NBA, and soccer. He would be successful wherever he goes. I dont think he will be hired by the Phillies though. We cant have nice things.

Tell me how to feel about him and I will feel those feelings violently.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
With the rate of Covid illnesses going crazy and no signs of abetting, it sure seems as if baseball in 2021 is in jeopardy. Throw in a lockout in 2022 and we may have seen the end of the game for a while. While this scenario may be off, it sure seems that Middleton is operating along those lines.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
phillies went from having daddy warbucks as an owner to daddy nobucks. I was hoping they would give a QO to Didi unless they think they can get him cheaper or that they can get by with Kingery/Segura as the 2B/SS combo. If Kingery bounces back maybe it could work but this team needs much better defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad