OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Iam new to Baseball but sometimes it seems like Baseball players are utterly stupid. All these covid scandals. How can you represent your Sport that bad? Hockey has done it perfect. Soccer in Germany has done it perfectly. Its possible.... stop doing childish stuff. Athletes and Baseball People are role models for normal people. I would fine them very high, so they will never ever do shit like this again....
I mean as soon as the Lighting won and were back in Tampa they were drinking out of the Cup with random people on the street. They were also in a bubble the entire time.

Baseball was only in the bubble for the playoffs and after the original onslaught they seemed to figure it out. Turner was the first positive test in two months.

Football is having a fairly difficult time with what the Titans did.

I also probably believe at a 30% rate that MLB knew about this and made the Rays take the fall in some way so that they didn’t have to wait 14 days for a game seven.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Rays are such frauds. Absolute garbage team. Full of losers. 1st and 2nd after an emotional at bat 4 runs down? Inning ending double play by Brandon Lowe who I was told by Ron "Cottonmouth" Darling is one of the "best hitters in the game".

Only a loser of a franchise could be competitive for almost a decade and still play in a gym full of 5000 people. Fold the franchise, these guys f***ing blow. f*** their galaxy brain shifts and bullpen management. And f*** these base cams too. f*** everybody
BUMPPPPPPP!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I mean as soon as the Lighting won and were back in Tampa they were drinking out of the Cup with random people on the street. They were also in a bubble the entire time.

Baseball was only in the bubble for the playoffs and after the original onslaught they seemed to figure it out. Turner was the first positive test in two months.

Football is having a fairly difficult time with what the Titans did.

I also probably believe at a 30% rate that MLB knew about this and made the Rays take the fall in some way so that they didn’t have to wait 14 days for a game seven.
Fair points :DD but Nhl and Soccer in Germany have shown it is possible to be somewhat reliable. Sure tampa and the Champion celebration went wrong. But before that the bubble was nearly perfect.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have a feeling they're not going to get a new GM by the time that needs to take place.

We need the owner to step in and sign him. What's even the point of acquiring JT if you didn't plan on bringing him back long-term?

Will look even WORSE if you lose Sixto and then this guy 2 years later. Not to mention your stud who will be here a mere 11 years, Bryce Harper, will be highly annoyed if you don't pay the guy who 1) Deserves it and 2) Is his bestie.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The icing on the cake is it WASN'T EVEN ANALYTICALLY SOUND. Mookie has ZERO homers and a .208/.321/.229 against lefties (Snell is a lefty) and has been much better against righties this season. Since 2018 his slashes are .298/.407/.528 vs L and .323/.408/.600 vs R...relatively even, all things considered. The move was to keep Snell in even if you do believe in "third time through" which doesn't typically pertain to a pitcher 75 pitches deep with 9 Ks, 2 hits, and 0 BBs.

Even if he puts in say Castillo who has been much much MUCH more effective, it's still not analytically sound with Mookie up. It's just more galaxy brain bullshit from the Rays, the biggest loser franchise in sports. I love it. Eating it up.

This is an all timer. We're talking "why didn't he hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch" type of all timer

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They scored one run and we're still hanging this on exactly one moment in time? Criticize the decision, sure. But there's plenty of blame to go around.

The Rays are arguably the best run team in all of sports and here we are trotting out platitudes straight out of Carchidi's crawlspace. It's embarrassing.

To me it was a terrible decision. But if you are going to take him out, dont bring in a gas can. Anderson was terrible in these playoffs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They scored one run and we're still hanging this on exactly one moment in time? Criticize the decision, sure. But there's plenty of blame to go around.

The Rays are arguably the best run team in all of sports and here we are trotting out platitudes straight out of Carchidi's crawlspace. It's embarrassing.

Anderson was in the middle of the longest inning streak with an earned run against in playoff baseball history. It was a horrendous decision and should not be glossed over.

Tampa Bay could have very well won the game with 1 run.

Or maybe they score more later with different plate approaches not feeling the pressure of a late deficit. It's hard to just say "oh they scored 1 run who cares about that awful decision."

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Anderson was in the middle of the longest inning streak with an earned run against in playoff baseball history. It was a horrendous decision and should not be glossed over.

Tampa Bay could have very well won the game with 1 run.

Or maybe they score more later with different plate approaches not feeling the pressure of a late deficit. It's hard to just say "oh they scored 1 run who cares about that awful decision."

I'm not glossing over it at all. There is valid criticism of the decision and valid reasons for pulling him. The point is that it didn't lose the game by itself.

But as far as the Postseason streak, who cares? He's a really good Pitcher. If you have info that he's not throwing well right now, fine don't send him out there. I understand that part of the criticism completely. There's no need to set arbitrary time periods for cherry picking data though. How he threw 2 weeks ago doesn't trump how he threw 2 months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I didn't realize this until right now, but kind of cool that no matter who won the WS... the city would've been double-champs this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad