OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): How is Ruben still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I think the Nats are the best team in the division and will find a way to to separate from the other teams. It's delusional to think that this team is close to winning anything of significance. They're 5 games under .500. Ryan Howard is hot right now, but 2007 Howard didn't come out of the sky and replace 2014 Howard. He won't keep this up, sadly.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Yeah he was already at 109 pitches or so.

Dude's been averaging over 115 pitches per start in his last 5 outings. Walks have something to do with it (and it bit him twice today, first with Molina, and then in the 8th), but Ryne just seems to be on autopilot when Cole pitches lately.

Of course, it would be nice if the offense showed up today. Too many bad ABs that were a product of not thinking when at the plate by everyone but Cole it looked like.

Bonk

May 18, 2007
Cincinnati
We were going to go to the NHL draft next weekend and because of the NHL's infinite wisdom, now we're not. So we're stuck with four tickets in Sec. 111 for Saturday's game. They're Row 36 seats 1-4 and have a face of $53 each. At this point I'd be happy with $50 each. If anyone's interested please PM me.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Grady Sizemore. Yet another Ruben "I've heard of him before" signing.

Meh. Nothing to see here really. Guys like this bounce around for a while on their way out of the game. Give him a shot in the minors and maybe he comes up and contributes in spot situations. This move is so inconsequential it really isn't worth discussing. Knock Amaro all day long, the guy has bungled everything from A to Z, but this move is a nothing move.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
How did Dom brown get this bad in the course of a year.

How do they not show him his approach during that stretch he had last year? He was tall, upright, and his swing was really short and quick. You could not beat him inside last year. This year, and every other time he has struggled, he bends at his waist, leans over the plate, he loses his entire backside, his hands start to cast and it creates a longer swing. I'm far from a hitting coach, but this flaw is so painfully obvious. Every once in a while, he'll go back to his upright stance, look good, and fall right back into this bad habit. I wonder if losing Wally Joyner was a bigger loss than it appeared- at least for Dom's sake.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
How do they not show him his approach during that stretch he had last year? He was tall, upright, and his swing was really short and quick. You could not beat him inside last year. This year, and every other time he has struggled, he bends at his waist, leans over the plate, he loses his entire backside, his hands start to cast and it creates a longer swing. I'm far from a hitting coach, but this flaw is so painfully obvious. Every once in a while, he'll go back to his upright stance, look good, and fall right back into this bad habit. I wonder if losing Wally Joyner was a bigger loss than it appeared- at least for Dom's sake.

He was being pitched differently last year too. Anytime he got ahead 2-0 or 3-1, he would sit on a fastball over the plate and crush it. Now the fastballs he's getting are either up or away and they're not necessarily coming when he's ahead in the count. I do agree that his swing is messed up though.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Brown is a special breed of terrible. The guy flat out sucks

I remember there were people who said we should trade Brown last year when his value was at a high point. I was laughing at them then... they are probably laughing/crying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00