OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): How is Ruben still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Utley is the lone Phillies player to make the All-Star team. Pretty much expected.

On another note, Sean Doolittle, who went to my High School in South Jersey, made his first All Star Team which is pretty awesome.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Utley is the lone Phillies player to make the All-Star team. Pretty much expected.

On another note, Sean Doolittle, who went to my High School in South Jersey, made his first All Star Team which is pretty awesome.

You're a Shawnee guy, eh?

He was a senior when I was a freshman and he was pretty hyped around here. We were supposed to play you guys that year in a tournament. Luckily for me, we didn't (I'm a lefty :D).

Didn't look like he was going to make it there for a little while as a first baseman, but the pitching thing came back pretty quickly. I actually went to a spring training game 2 years ago which turned out to be the first professional game he pitched in. Didn't think he would make it to the bigs that year. Good for him. He's having a heck of a year. Up until last week he only walked 1 guy!!! That's crazy considering his conversion just two years ago.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
According to Jon Heyman on MLB Tonight from today, the Phillies are unwilling to give up their pieces that they won a championship with (Utley, Rollins, Hamels, probably Lee, and Howard because they can't)

:banghead::pullhair::banghead:

The guys on the block or who Heyman said we could/should look to trade are Papelbon, Revere, Brown, and Mayberry. Not sure who'd want Mayberry, I'd give him away for a small bag of BP balls. Papelbon I can understand. But I feel like Revere and Brown (along with Hamels) should be the "bridge" to the next contending team...if we had anything worth a damn to do that with within the next 3-5 years.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
According to Jon Heyman on MLB Tonight from today, the Phillies are unwilling to give up their pieces that they won a championship with (Utley, Rollins, Hamels, probably Lee, and Howard because they can't)

Makes sense. I wouldn't want to have a successful franchise either.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not sure who on this team has value. Utley maybe, Lee is almost 36 with shoulder issues. I think if Hamels was year further into his contract he could potentially get a good haul for him.

JC128

Jul 6, 2011
KOP,PA/Morgantown,WV
Can we start a countdown until RAJ is fired? I really never thought I would see a worse GM than Ed Wade, but yeah. The sad part is that the Philles, by far, have to be in the worst shape going forward. Take in to account the talent on the roster, their age, the money and term left on their contacts, and whats coming up in the farm......its real bad

Edit. I mean they have to be in the worst situation in all of baseball going forward

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, I think the only way the Phillies could get to do anything anymore is to go the moneyball route basically. Get cheap guys that perform well enough and are consistent.

JC128

Jul 6, 2011
KOP,PA/Morgantown,WV
Honestly, I think the only way the Phillies could get to do anything anymore is to go the moneyball route basically. Get cheap guys that perform well enough and are consistent.

Yea I hope they move toward advance stats. Problem is that so many teams have been doing that for years. Lets hope they can dump their MLB talent for prospects in A ball and below. RAJ asks for guys who are about to be in the pros, he will never get that. Look at how the astros murdered the Phils for Pence, They took high potential guys in the lower minors. No GM is giving up blue chips about to make the jump. :help:

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
RAJ:
What more can you say other than we're not swinging the bats very well.
I didn't anticipate our guys being this poor

They're not poor. They're collectively making serious bank to not swing the bats very well.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/ruben-amaro-calls-mike-missanelli-uninformed

Ever the antagonist, Missanelli wasted little time making small talk and lobbing softballs, and dove right into the hard-hitting questions.

“I gotta ask you straight up: how could you not have anticipated that these guys would play like this when all the statistics would indicate that they would play like this?”

Retweeted by Andrew Kulp
Derek Bodner @DerekBodnerNBA · 3h
"I don't know how well-versed you are in statistics." These words actually came out of Ruben Amaro's mouth.

:biglaugh::laugh::biglaugh:

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
How good of a return could we get for Hamels?

we would get a very, very good return on Hamels. it would take a top prospect + to acquire him, there is a chance we would have to eat some salary but thats expected with most of our players if we were to trade them at this point. It sucks Lee got hurt when he did, he definitely could have garnered some nice prospects with the assumption we eat most of his salary, now i am not so sure.

JC128

Jul 6, 2011
KOP,PA/Morgantown,WV
we would get a very, very good return on Hamels. it would take a top prospect + to acquire him, there is a chance we would have to eat some salary but thats expected with most of our players if we were to trade them at this point. It sucks Lee got hurt when he did, he definitely could have garnered some nice prospects with the assumption we eat most of his salary, now i am not so sure.

I still think they could pull a very good prospect for Lee. He is known for dominating after the all star break and in post season. Any team who wants to win now should be all over him. Worst case we move him next year and get the same return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad