OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): How is Ruben still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Trade Papelbum for a bucket of baseballs. Good thing they still won the game. Not that I'm convinced we're gonna make the playoffs anyway but we're only 5.5 games behind Atlanta.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
@FelskeFiles: Ruben says Phils headed "back into the realm of contention." Which may be why an extended losing streak may be best long-term for this team.

John Stolnis.

Haha!

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Blow it up!

Ruiz to the Dodgers
Rollins to Detroit
Utley and Papelbon to San Fran

Pray that Lee can get healthy enough before the deadline as well!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's honesty comical at this point how much Amaro & Co. has set this franchise back. I'm enjoying seeing 10 people in the crowd every night while these guys still think they have a good team.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
The ineptitude of this front office and their refusal to believe that their time is done is mind boggling.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Aren't they only 4 games behind now?

I mean this team will definitely not make the playoffs but their still in contention

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
stop looking at the standing and look at the run differential rube. This team is not contenders.

next thing u know... Jp crawford and biddle for rico brogna jr.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Aren't they only 4 games behind now?

I mean this team will definitely not make the playoffs but their still in contention

My hatred of the Braves and Nationals grows by the day. Their ineptitude is what is giving our blind front office it's moronic excuse for not selling like they should. The fact that Amaro still has a job is completely disheartening because it means that he's going to be here to shape the team's future. If he hasn't been fired now than he's going to be around for the deadline, which means he'll be here next year too.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
It is crazy how bad the NL East is. If you think about it all Philly teams are in easy divisions right now.

Phillies- The NL EAST is complete trash
Eagles- The NFC EAST is awful outside of us. 9-7 should win the division.
76ers- The entire eastern conference is terrible, and Miami might join them in terribleness.
Flyers- Metro... meh. Not terrible but not great either.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
4 gms out and you guys want to blow it up :laugh::laugh:

The only reason their 4 games out is because the rest of the division is garbage. Even the Mets are 5 games out (I think).

If the Braves and Nationals looked as good as they do on paper there would be a lot more than 4 games separating us from 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad