OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): How is Ruben still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
If his play can better the team then I don't care. It's not like he's Ray Rice or has had DUIs and killed people.

I couldn't do it. He's the embodiment of everything I hate about the steroid era. It was Bonds at first, but it wound up being him. I know that's not as bad in the grand scheme of life as some other potential players like say Urbina :laugh:, but still I just couldn't do it. Him and Papelbon on the same team would make me puke.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'd take him for Howard. At least the games would be interesting for a little bit.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Phillies signed Jeff Francoeur to a minor league deal. Thus continuing the Ruben Amaro signing players he heard of back in 2007.

Hahaha

Also, if anyone missed this

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/alex-rodriguez-urinated-spitefully-new-york-yankees-mlb

Yuri Sucart is Alex Rodriguez’s cousin and, allegedly, his performance-enhancing drug hookup. Rodriguez reportedly implicated Sucart in his meeting with DEA agents about the Biogenesis scandal in January, and Sucart currently faces felony charges for conspiracy to distribute controlled substances.

She said Rodriguez came to the Miami home Rodriguez provided to the Sucarts in 2010 and vowed to destroy the family if they went public with his use of performance-enhancing drugs. Then he urinated on the patio, she said, as if to mark the house as his territory.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is A-Rod really an option?? There's no way.

nope.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is A-Rod really an option?? There's no way.

nope.gif

I doubt it, I was watching CSN the other day & they had Jim Salsbury on talking about what the offseason has in store potentially. He said the only moves he really sees the Phils making is signing the Cuban & trading Howard to an AL team (he said they'll pretty much be eating all of his contract expect a few million).

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
All I have to say is that the Phillies need to open the vault for Yoan Moncada in July. The competition will be a little reduced as the Yankees and Red Sox will be ineligible to bid, but the Cubs will be allowed again by then.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
All I have to say is that the Phillies need to open the vault for Yoan Moncada in July. The competition will be a little reduced as the Yankees and Red Sox will be ineligible to bid, but the Cubs will be allowed again by then.

They're going to have to ignore the guidelines (and pay the tax) set by the MLB to sign the kid. The Phillies have never done it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Phillies signed Jeff Francoeur to a minor league deal. Thus continuing the Ruben Amaro signing players he heard of back in 2007.

Worked out pretty well with Marlon Byrd and Grady Sizemore. I said the same thing when they signed Sizemore...the guy isn't being signed to be our every day starter, he is signed to be a bench player or a fill in when needed and that is at best. If he turns out to be more, great. If he never plays a day for the Phillies, oh well. Inconsequential. I'm with you that Amaro is a ****** GM, but it isn't because of moves like this. No need to complain just because the move isn't groundbreaking.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Jeez, cut me a piece of that will ya Stanton?

The Marlins and Stanton are close to agreeing to terms on a 13-year, $325MM contract that is expected to contain a no-trade clause and an opt-out clause, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/stanton-marlins-discussing-300mm-contract.html

Any guesses on how long the Marlins keep Stanton with that kind of contract? I guess 3 years at most; would be very surprised if he stays there the entire contract.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Whoa...

Heyward and Walden to STL for Shelby Miller and a prospect

STL keeps loading up, even in the wake of Oscar's passing.

Hayward is what I wish Domonic Brown would be. he's no superstar but he is a solid outfielder that you can count on.

Any Tomas updates?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hayward is what I wish Domonic Brown would be. he's no superstar but he is a solid outfielder that you can count on.

Any Tomas updates?

Heyward is such a good fielder he doesn't have to hit much to be valuable. That said he has pop, gets on base, and is still 25. Brown is an awful fielder unfortunately and has inconsistent power.

The Braves said they were going to trade either Heyward or Justin Upton. I think Heyward's a free agent after next year.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Sigh it must be nice to have a good big league team like St. Louis with a great prospect system to boot.

Yeah Heyward is slated to become a free agent after next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino