OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 1st pick secured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So win tomorrow now to avoid 100 losses.

Scherzer with another no hitter tonight against themets. The Mets re going straight into their playoff form this past week.

MadFerIt95*

Who is the number one prospect this year? ANyone to be excited about? Our luck we'll get either a decent mid rotation guy or another outfielder who never realizes his potential

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Who is the number one prospect this year? ANyone to be excited about? Our luck we'll get either a decent mid rotation guy or another outfielder who never realizes his potential

It's early but it's looking like it's mostly all pitchers at the top, some out of college & some out of high school.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/20162017-mlb-draft-rankings-ridiculously-early-edition/

Some 2017 info in there as well, HS SS out of Florida seems to be the very early favorite right now.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
first pick in a draft id like a college bat normally, but that isnt really in consideration so i would see if i could get a collegiate arm to take less than slot , someone like Puk is very intriguing. 6'7'' lefty that can top out at 97 can be devastating.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Alec Hansen will likely be the 1st pick. 6'7" RHP with a 100mph fastball, and struck out 10 per 9 innings last season...

I don't think there is a "likely" first overall pick right now. It'll come down to the Phillies preference of 4-5 guys (or more) all in the same range. Hansen is intriguing, but he was very wild. 14 wild pitches and 44 walks over 82 innings, while still almost allowing a hit per inning (75).

I like Hansen, but he's definitely a leap of faith based on stuff. Same with Puk. I hate that there is no bat there right now, but Rutherford is very intriguing and could move up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wait until June, it's like the NFL draft where people start projecting in August, and by April the top 100 list is completely different. There's a whole HS and college season to be played before the draft.

The value of the top pick isn't just the pick, it's the extra slot money and the extra allotment (and the ability to trade for 50% additional allotment like they did last year) that you can spend in Latin America. That could mean 2-3 additional solid prospects.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

no consensus 1st overall yet, the phils have been rumored to really like A.J. Puk but we'll see what happens when next season starts.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Better to exhaust all options. Most guy's command suffers after the surgery. Can't imagine Biddle's getting much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad