OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 1st pick secured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Ideally I'd love to see Hamels, Paps, Howard, Utley, Lee, Harang, Brown, and Revere moved for some sort of value.

Of course I realize this is nearly an impossibility, and I'll be happy with just Hamels and Paps moving at this point :)

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Ideally I'd love to see Hamels, Paps, Howard, Utley, Lee, Harang, Brown, and Revere moved for some sort of value.

Of course I realize this is nearly an impossibility, and I'll be happy with just Hamels and Paps moving at this point :)

While I agree with this sentiment, it'd sure be funny to see the lineup we put out by moving each of those assets. Lee has no value, however. I'd also keep Brown at this point. His value is at an all time low and might as well see if he can figure something out.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
While I agree with this sentiment, it'd sure be funny to see the lineup we put out by moving each of those assets. Lee has no value, however. I'd also keep Brown at this point. His value is at an all time low and might as well see if he can figure something out.

That much I can agree with. I much I would have loved to see Hamels, Revere, and Brown be the "bridge" to the next great Phils team...it's pretty much blown up in their faces because of him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd honestly give Dom Brown away for practically nothing if need be. I really question whether the guy cares enough anymore which is something I wouldn't want around the young players that should be coming in.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
There's no rush to dump Brown. Why not wait just a tad longer and see if he can demonstrate some value?

Revere needs to go now. At peak value.

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013

Still waiting.

MLBTR update says that the returning player is Nick Pivetta. Kiley McDaniel has him as a 40 grade prospect as of 1/15/15. Emerged as a legit prospect. 6'5" "workhorse frame." Canadian fella. Seems to have good upside. Has struggled in AA

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
A #3/4 starter ceiling. Really not a bad return. Not extraordinary, of course, but the Nats are paying out a bad contract.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Lol at everyone cheering Paps getting traded. He was great at what he did. Most saves in franchise history. Aww boo-hoo you didn't like him speaking his mind. Everything he said was always pretty much correct

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Pivetta has only made 3 starts in AA, so I wouldn't make much of his "struggling" yet. He's probably somewhere from 8-15 in the Phillies system, depending on which reports I've read are accurate.

From what I gather: his fastball sits low 90s, can maybe touch higher. Curveball has some promise but needs refinement, as does his changeup. Sometimes he has trouble repeating mechanics which can lead to control problems. Maybe a future #4 starter or late inning reliever.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A team's 10th best prospect was as much as Phillies fans could ask.

Another team he leaves under a murky, messy disposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad