OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 1st pick secured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Hoping for either Texas or LA to win the WS due to former Phillies being on the team.

Love Chase and JRoll, but the Dodgers are the enemy. Them playing the Mets is terrible :laugh::laugh:. Would like to Texas/Toronyo/Pittsburgh win.

I'm excited about Eichoff and Nola. Both look fairly promising.

So am I.

So about 3 years away for the Phils?

Idk, if they bring in a quality veteran starter or two, maybe a potential wild card team in 2017, (I know the second wildcard team was 96 wins this year). The future actually looks really bright for once, I initially thought 2020 at the earliest :laugh:. Jake Thompson has TORP potential, and if Eickhoff can either develop a better changeup/cutter to get lefties out, he could be really good.

Im not sure what they do in free agency other than adding another starter or two.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think they'll go veteran innings eaters on short-term deal, and possible trade deadline bait this offseason.
If they go big money, it'll be for a FA pitcher in 2018 to get them over the top, not before.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd love to see Houston/Texas/KC/Toronto/LA/Chicago/Pittsburgh win. Basically anyone but either NY or STL. The Pirates are from Pittsburgh...but they've been so bad for so long and they have a number of likable players, unlike their NHL counterpart that has a number of players that I would like to punch in the face. Ideally it would be Texas vs. LA so that one of our old guys could get another ring, but I think that it will be KC vs. STL, hopefully with KC winning.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd love to see Houston/Texas/KC/Toronto/LA/Chicago/Pittsburgh win. Basically anyone but either NY or STL. The Pirates are from Pittsburgh...but they've been so bad for so long and they have a number of likable players, unlike their NHL counterpart that has a number of players that I would like to punch in the face. Ideally it would be Texas vs. LA so that one of our old guys could get another ring, but I think that it will be KC vs. STL, hopefully with KC winning.

But Pirates fans are also Penguins fans.

Can't root for them.

If the Cardinals or Yankees win i'll be sick. The MLB desperately needs a changing of the guard away from the Yankees/Red Sox/Cardinals/Giants.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
But Pirates fans are also Penguins fans.

Can't root for them.

If the Cardinals or Yankees win i'll be sick. The MLB desperately needs a changing of the guard away from the Yankees/Red Sox/Cardinals/Giants.

Yeah that's a good point. I'd say they are on the bottom of my list of people that I want to win. Probably on a separate list of teams that I could tolerate winning.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know there's no Harper or Strasburg in this draft (that we know of, anyway), but is this draft considered deeper, weaker, or about average in terms of recent years?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know there's no Harper or Strasburg in this draft (that we know of, anyway), but is this draft considered deeper, weaker, or about average in terms of recent years?
Supposed to be better than last years. As nice as it would be to have an everyday position player, this organization could desperately use an impact arm and it looks like there are a few of them this year.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I'm excited about Eichoff and Nola. Both look fairly promising.

I am kind of waiting for a shoe to drop on Eickhoff. I mean he looks to have filthy stuff, specially that curve ball.

I find it hard to believe he was basically the 4th best player on that Hamels trade. It's too good to be true right now.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I am kind of waiting for a shoe to drop on Eickhoff. I mean he looks to have filthy stuff, specially that curve ball.

I find it hard to believe he was basically the 4th best player on that Hamels trade. It's too good to be true right now.

Valid concern, but sometimes these guys just guess wrong, either good or bad. Its best to temper your expectations on him, but if you see promise, that's a good start.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A lot of young pitchers have success early on in their careers. The true test to see how good he'll be is when he goes through the league a few times and they gather tendencies and such, but what he showed this year was definitely encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad