OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For Phillies fans:

Doesn't Sirianni remind you of Gabe Kapler when he was here?

Totally different sports.
Baseball managers are just that, they manage the game.
Football HCs are more administrators, they have larger staffs, larger rosters, and delegate more of their responsibilities.

In baseball, it's keeping a team on an even keel over 162 games, in football, it's more about preparation, even at half-time, as some coach pointed out, you have 20 minutes to make changes while your players are emptying their bladders.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Was Dri Archer even that small? I’ve never seen a player under 150.
Nah he was 5'8 173 at the combine.

JJ Nelson was 5'10 156 but ran a 4.28.

Atwell is fast but he's such an outlier I don't know how you can take him anywhere but as a late round gamble.

Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Nah he was 5'8 173 at the combine.

JJ Nelson was 5'10 156 but ran a 4.28.

Atwell is fast but he's such an outlier I don't know how you can take him anywhere but as a late round gamble.
I got my players mixed up, my bad. I meant Brandon Banks, he was 149. Had no clue Nelsen was that small though.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just heard about a rule in the NFL. If you change your uniform number this year - like receivers can wear single digits now, that was another rule change - you have to buy out all the uniforms they have stored for sale in the NFL "warehouse" or whatever it is. If you tell them you want to change next year, like give them a year's advance notice, you don't have to do that.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just heard about a rule in the NFL. If you change your uniform number this year - like receivers can wear single digits now, that was another rule change - you have to buy out all the uniforms they have stored for sale in the NFL "warehouse" or whatever it is. If you tell them you want to change next year, like give them a year's advance notice, you don't have to do that.

That was probably a big complaint by vendors, they stock up on a uniform, the player changes his number, and they're stuck with stock they have to sell at a deep discount to move it. So they asked for a year's notice.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That was probably a big complaint by vendors, they stock up on a uniform, the player changes his number, and they're stuck with stock they have to sell at a deep discount to move it. So they asked for a year's notice.

Yep. I wouldn't hesitate to get a player's former number on a blouse, though - it's like "I was there from the beginning." Most fans aren't as authentic as I am though.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
F***. Right. Off.
I kind of like this. You want your players to be competitive and you only can find out so much in whatever time you are talking to them. Doing something like playing a game like that can gauge their competitive nature better than just asking them about it. I do stuff like that when picking a jury (not rock-paper-scissors) but you can only ask them a certain number of questions and certain topics are off limits so you can gauge their mindset on things by asking them carefully worded questions before you decide to keep someone or strike them from the jury.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I kind of like this. You want your players to be competitive and you only can find out so much in whatever time you are talking to them. Doing something like playing a game like that can gauge their competitive nature better than just asking them about it. I do stuff like that when picking a jury (not rock-paper-scissors) but you can only ask them a certain number of questions and certain topics are off limits so you can gauge their mindset on things by asking them carefully worded questions before you decide to keep someone or strike them from the jury.

Unless he's making them doing it with a gun pointed at them, I'm not sure how he made that game of rock-paper-scissors as intense as he'd want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad