OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Unfortunately, they also needed somebody who knew the playbook since the signing would be playing this week, with only Agholor, Aiken and Gibson available. Maclin was really the only other choice but he's not entirely healthy and is pretty much done.
Hands were tied but all in all, not a bad signing. I could see Aiken being released when Jeffery comes back and a deep threat being signed in that place.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Even a trade isn't really a help for right now though, you've got a couple days to get someone ready to play a complicated position, provided you're not limiting the playbook while they're on the field. Matthews played in the offense and with the QB. There's no better candidate for this Sunday than him. He doesn't fit the profile of the player they need, but he's the most ready.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
What other candidates would be available via trade since the Eagles dont have much cap room?

Let's not even discuss the cap , because things can be done inseason to get where you need to get to. That being said the real question is who can we bring in . I think Fitzgerald is the guy that stands out to me. Zona may be the worst team in the nfl this year and LF should be traded to a contender. He is the only guy i am interested in. He gives us a legit outside receiver , known performer and usually healthy. OVer the coming weeks we will be adding alshon, Hollins, and hopefully wallace. We just need a temporary fix

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Let's not even discuss the cap , because things can be done inseason to get where you need to get to. That being said the real question is who can we bring in . I think Fitzgerald is the guy that stands out to me. Zona may be the worst team in the nfl this year and LF should be traded to a contender. He is the only guy i am interested in. He gives us a legit outside receiver , known performer and usually healthy. OVer the coming weeks we will be adding alshon, Hollins, and hopefully wallace. We just need a temporary fix

Agreed on all counts, like you said we need a temporary fix. Is Wallace’s injury season ending? Hollins is avalaible to come off IR in after week 10 I believe

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I mean unless Matthews injuries were career changing, he was able to average 75 catches and 900 yards (excluding last year) with his no separation and unreliable hands. Those are Top 30-35 receiver numbers and he's 26, so it's not like he's 33 and you're looking back to numbers from when he was 25. You're not adding a game breaker but for the cost of zero assets you're not going to do much better.

The issue is did he lose a step already, and how does he fit with Agholor already here.

Also Fitzgerald has been a slot receiver for awhile now right? Did they move him back outside?

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016

His cap hit is $16m this season. Not possible for the Eagles to absorb. Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad