OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
Fitz has a 16 million dollar cap hit this year. It’s impossible. Not even worth discussing. The Eagles only have something like 5-7m in available cap space.

ESP should know that and not resort to writing such nonsense.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
How expensive would Marvin Jones be? I don't see the Lions competing in a division with the Vikings and a healthy-ish Rodgers, but I'm sure they'd disagree. Maybe an 0-3 start would change their mind?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I highly doubt that Oakland would be interested in trading Cooper, but i would 100% pull the trigger if they were...

Golden Tate, Devante Parker, and yes even Dez Bryant if a trade can't be found, would be on my list.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I don't really like it, but doesn't Dez seem like the best option available at this point?

I don't see us being able to trade for any decent receiver. Theoretically, even if a team starts 0-3, why would you trade an NFL caliber WR for a draft pick, unless maybe they're on the last year of their deal or something.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I don't think he plays Sunday. Just stick with what they have at this point honestly. Run more two TE sets with Goedert, and you can easily beat the Colts and probably the Titans with what you got.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA

Including my little rant from a few days back where I talk about this. It makes no sense to me that he wasn't given a fair shot at the starting job.

My last and largest gripe is with Jalen Mills - kind of. It's not directly with him because he's not making any grave mistakes, but it's more with Schwartz than anything. I've said this since his rookie year. He's fine to play outside as a fill-in but he simply does not have the physical skills to be a legitimate starting CB in this league. He doesn't have the athleticism or size to maintain out there. Typically guys can get away without having one by having the other in spades. He has neither. He belongs in the slot where he can use his short area quickness and physicality but he will struggle outside.
My problem here is that the Eagles waltzed into training camp without giving Jones, a player with superior size and athleticism, an opportunity to get time outside. At the least, in nickel formations, Jones should be outside and Mills should move inside.
Mills did absolutely nothing to justify himself as a no-questions-asked starter. He was graded as the worst CB in the NFL in his rookie year (although I think he was better than and to be fair, he was placed in a bad situation) and in his "impressive second year," graded out as the 60th best in the league. However, they made it clear from the beginning that if Jones would see the field, it would be as a nickel back, despite all signs showing that he has so much more potential than Mills. Jones has looked great the first two weeks of the season while Mills has been picked on consistently again. Until they get a clue and realize that maybe Mills leadership abilities don't automatically warrant a starting spot, he's going to continue to be a focal point for opposing offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland