Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Howie killed it today.
DXtYjf4W0AEkoyG.jpg

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Pretty solid acquisitions today, but in no way should they be deterred the from taking a DT and/or WR in the 1st/2nd.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Howie does an excellent job filling holes with cap casualties and trades. We sorely lacked a DT and WR and both were filled. Now we only have a few major ‘needs’. Running back and linebacker. After that it’s about depth.

Also, keeps the comp picks.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
How does an excellent job filling holes with cap casualties and trades. We sorely lacked a DT and WR and both were filled. Now we only have a few major ‘needs’. Running back and linebacker. After that it’s about depth.

It also puts us in position to draft bpa which is always a position you want to be in.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think they have to draft an OT in the first two rounds.

I would invest into the position as well, especially if Cajuste or McGary is there at 53/57, but they have a lot of bodies. Even with Pryor sticking inside, they have 4 Tackles they like, 3 of which will be making a decent amount of money. It wouldn't shock me at all if they waited another year.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Mosley gets 85 over 5 years from the Jets. Eagles never probably had a chance at those numbers.

Still think they go and get a value free agent linebacker.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Mosley gets 85 over 5 years from the Jets. Eagles never probably had a chance at those numbers.

that is a position we skimp at. I expect one drafted line backer and one guy off the scrap heap.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Soooo, the Jets grabbing Mosley and Barr seems like what you don’t do when you need to build around a young QB you just took 3rd overall.

I'm sure signing a solid but unspectacular ILB who struggles in space will make everything right as rain. Also a guy that Mike Zimmer couldn't make work as a pass rusher -- Barr is a good blitzer, not a pass rusher. Big, big difference.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Howie does an excellent job filling holes with cap casualties and trades. We sorely lacked a DT and WR and both were filled. Now we only have a few major ‘needs’. Running back and linebacker. After that it’s about depth.

Also, keeps the comp picks.

It also puts us in position to draft bpa which is always a position you want to be in.

I'm not sure where we Stand in terms of cap space after the moves yesterday. Yesterday also provided a clue in which direction they may go in the draft.

I think we will take the Best RB now. We need a Left Tackle badly that should honestly be our 1st pick than RB in my opinion.

However What we didn't address at all yet has been CB, Safety, Linebacker. The Jets just signed 2 of the best Linebackers. This is what sucks about having no money.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We don't really need great LBs, so I'm fine skimping there. If the D-Line is good enough, we'll be fine in Schwartz's system.

Moondog47

Feb 5, 2014
Can never predict how draft will go with runs position groups go on as well as random players who slide but it seems like if the Eagles want an OT they probably need to trade up for a high end prospect or trade down for one from the next group. After the moves so far, I feel like S, OT, DL, and RB are the most likely picks for the first 2 rounds. Safety might end up being the best value while still drafted a position of need in the first. Then kinda have to play the board if ideally targeting the lines in the 2nd. Could probably trade into the 3rd to still get a good RB. Seems like beats/people connected to org think they'll make a move to get a 3rd.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia

If they can fill RB before the draft, I'd love to see them move up for Devin White, but he might be a little too far out of reach.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad