OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Kwon Alexander is a player I would go for. 24 coming off a torn ACL but was a dominate linebacker when he was in the lineup. Still has plenty of football left.

Sounds like he's getting paid as if healthy. Has offers above 10 and is asking for 11-12. He's good, but they can't afford him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I mentioned him to a few coworkers as a sneaky good pick up.

Allows us to draft a DT and groom them instead of making them the starter immediately.

Also, eagles in on CJ Mosley. I just want a good linebacker on this team lol.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Ok, that makes a LOT more sense.

Still like it, but that's your splurge. Strongly prefer paying that guy and position over Mosley, who isn't even clearly better than Hicks but might double him in guarantees.

Last edited:

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

Ok, that makes a LOT more sense.

Still like it, but that's your splurge. Strongly prefer paying that guy and position over Mosley, who isn't even clearly better than Hicks but might double him in guarantees.

I dont mind it, but i still think we need a running back, we cant go with this stupid committee shit without a #1 guy

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Getting Jackson is a great move. He's an upgrade to Jernigan and will cost about 3 million less on the cap. He and Cox will be ridiculous together rushing the passer. Eagles probably have the flexibility to add two more impact players, or one of they were to go all in on someone like Bell. No chance they are paying Agholor 9 million so he will likely be signed long term or traded soon to free up some more cap space.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

giphy.webp

Can't wait to see him leave 11 games this season as opposed to his 10 last year.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They didn't really have much of a choice. Peters at 70% is still considerably better than Vaitai. This gives them another year to develop/see what they have in Mailata and in the process they are saving some cap room with signing Peters as opposed to picking up his 13 million option.

Reactions: montreal and Jtown

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I dont mind it, but i still think we need a running back, we cant go with this stupid committee **** without a #1 guy

You know, I've thought about this a lot...

Why not go with a committee? Committees win SBs a good amount. Star RBs usually don't.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
5.25 guaranteed and up to 10 million.

Also mortenson saying Djax and the Eagles are destined to be reunited.

Also no chance for Bell. And CJ Mosley still a target.

Reactions: Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Either get Tevin or draft one. Bell shouldn’t be an option.

Yep, or Duke Johnson (would probably cost 127). I still think there's a chance Ajayi has to take a 1 year prove it. That would make sense too, but not much overlap with Ajayi and the other two. Different roster spots.

*Edit* Spencer Ware could be in the 1 year boat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad