OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
5.25 guaranteed and up to 10 million.

Also mortenson saying Djax and the Eagles are destined to be reunited.

Also no chance for Bell. And CJ Mosley still a target.

I'm okay with 5.25 mill I guess. Has to be contingent on how much he actually plays, I hope.

I'm good with D-Jax. Not as fast as he used to be, but that outside speed changes our offensive outlook. Torrey Smith wasn't great, but his impact was notable for opening up the field.

Bell was a pipedream I suppose. I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Prongo

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Mosley wants 16 too. :laugh:

This is why Howie always tries to get to market first. There's just too much cap space around the league.

Either Hicks is getting an absurd deal or someone is getting one hell of a relative value.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
2017: Steelers are AFC championship game contenders for about 5-7 years now with the one of the best RBs in the NFL and one of the best WRs in the league leading the offense

Fall 2018/19 season: Bell holds out

Winter 2018/19 season: Bell has now held out through ~15 weeks, publicly declaring his intentions to not return to the team. Brown throws a Gatorade cooler because he's pissed at his coach and quarterback

Smmer 2019: mini camps open and a mediocre at best Steeler team with an over the hill quarterback at the helm and both Brown and Bell off the team

Suck it

@Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
2017: Steelers are AFC championship game contenders for about 5-7 years now with the one of the best RBs in the NFL and one of the best WRs in the league leading the offense

Fall 2018/19 season: Bell holds out

Winter 2018/19 season: Bell has now held out through ~15 weeks, publicly declaring his intentions to not return to the team. Brown throws a Gatorade cooler because he's pissed at his coach and quarterback

Smmer 2019: mini camps open and a mediocre at best Steeler team with an over the hill quarterback at the helm and both Brown and Bell off the team

Suck it

@Captain Dave Poulin

You forgot to include that Mike Tomlin is still the coach, LOL.

Reactions: kelmitchell

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
At some point the Eagles are just going to have to put a lot of resources into getting a real LT. It's not a position you can just hope to get lucky on.

They've been really lucky in that they've had just two LTs in 20 years, and only three RTs over that time. But they had to use two first rounders and a lot of cash to have that.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Landon Collins was not very good last year
That signing reminds me of the early Snyder era where they specialized in overpaying over-the-hill former stars

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
They've been really lucky in that they've had just two LTs in 20 years, and only three RTs over that time. But they had to use two first rounders and a lot of cash to have that.

To be fair if you're going to have pro bowl tackles at both spots for 20 years it's generally going to cost 1st round picks and a lot of money.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If Washington was going to go that hard for Collins, why the hell didn't they just offer the Giants a pick to tag and trade him? They were getting at least 3 comp picks, but they just blew one up and let him hit the market in the meantime. Plus the Giants are in on Preston Smith and others that go against their comps.

This is the kind of incompetence in the margins that slowly sinks you long-term. Love having both in the division.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
1801_13.gif

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Chip will forever be a ***** to me. Its one thing to cut a guy you dont like and dont see a future for...
But to Cut a man sight unseen then on his way out throw dirt on his name implicating him as a criminal.
Only to have that bastion of fairplay, the LAPD, come out publicly saying your lying.

Forever a *****.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Chip will forever be a ***** to me. Its one thing to cut a guy you dont like and dont see a future for...
But to Cut a man sight unseen then on his way out throw dirt on his name implicating him as a criminal.
Only to have that bastion of fairplay, the LAPD, come out publicly saying your lying.

Forever a *****.

f*** Chip Kelly forever.

Or thanks, for making me stop caring about the Eagles that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad