OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
There are an awful lot of alternate universes where you can just tweak a couple things and McNabb has the same career and accomplishments as John Elway. Well, except he couldn't run the two-minute drill.

If McNabb doesn't throw three INTs in the Super Bowl then he's a beloved legend and TO is the Willis Reed/Jordan playing with flu of the 21st century.

I guess the situation was 60% TO's fault, 30% McNabb and 10% Reid. They should have made it work, they were incredible together, the three of them.

The biggest thing for me is can wentz complete a whole season without getting hurt?

His deep ball is the biggest weakness, need to see that improved. Coming off ACL and Back issues is not good.

If I'm Eagles I wouldn't rush into signing wentz until we see how he is after this season.. We can always franchise tag him.

I'd also look for the Eagles to plan for Wentz replacement if he continues to suffer injuries.

I don't want to see him go, you can't predict injuries.

I don't blame what we gave to Cleveland to get him, but we must be smart.

If we must replace him so be it.

Would you make a trade for Rosen? I'm not sure if I want him but just throwing that out there.

Reactions: tucson83

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Both Mcnabb and TO could have had the city eating out of the palm of its hand had they done things correctly especially TO. After that superbowl performance , and sleeping in a hyperbolic chamber to heal up He was the most popular athlete in Philly at that time. All he had to do was was play his card right in the offseason to get a new deal. Instead he turned it into a soap opera. TO is one of the freakiest athletes of all time. I truly think had he played with qb's on par with montana and young he would have broke many of Rice's records. at age 37 he had 983 yards in 11 games started , and was never offered a contract after that year. he easily had 3 more 1000 yards in him

McNabb on the other hand always came off as insecure and jealous and or petty. And he still comes across like that. He is going in the HOF and I hope that he can mend his issues with the organization. IN his defense he played his whole career with No help. Finally gets djax maclin and shady. Tears it up and then is traded. I can honestly say there hasn't been a qb of his caliber that has played with worst talent around him.

It took the loss vs. Carolina for Reid to realize he needed a star WR. But I think I'd take Westbrook over McCoy, at least to pair with McNabb.

Really I wish we could have had Vick at his prime for a longer time.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Wentz already proved he could stay healthy 16 games. I'm not worried about the fluke knee injury or anything else with him. He is built like a beast, not frail like a Sam Bradford.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

We'll see. If they do pass I guess #3 becomes the hot spot. Jets are trying to move out.

I'll believe that when I see it. Until then, I think everything is a ploy to get value for Rosen.

If they take Bosa, that's got to be absolute worst case for the Jets because it makes 2 the QB spot. Well, I guess it's bad on the relative scale considering that would leave the best player in the draft in a vacuum on the board still, but etc.

Allbright is saying he thinks the top 5 goes Murray, Bosa, Oliver, Williams, Bush as of this morning. As much as I love Ed Oliver and understand so many of his snaps were wasted at 0 Tech, I just don't understand how you watch him and Quinnen and come up with Oliver first. It's probably because of the Pro Day and it's absurd for the same reasons Sweat was never close to a Top 10 guy -- we already gave him credit for the athleticism.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
The biggest thing for me is can wentz complete a whole season without getting hurt?

His deep ball is the biggest weakness, need to see that improved. Coming off ACL and Back issues is not good.

If I'm Eagles I wouldn't rush into signing wentz until we see how he is after this season.. We can always franchise tag him.

I'd also look for the Eagles to plan for Wentz replacement if he continues to suffer injuries.

I don't want to see him go, you can't predict injuries.

I don't blame what we gave to Cleveland to get him, but we must be smart.

If we must replace him so be it.

Would you make a trade for Rosen? I'm not sure if I want him but just throwing that out there.

it wouldnt be a bad idea, what bothers me about the most is the media and the fanbase defending him like he won the sb and not nick foles, im just starting to wonder it's more of personal loving to wentz and not about football because i know some fans that want to win can see the concerns of wentz's injuries and how can affect the eagles cap if they give them a big contract and he gets an injury and never plays again and we are stuck paying this player and cant fix the team because of his contract.

now, if there's excuses for that, now it's telling me they dont care about winning and it's about wentz as person not as a player. i mean the eagles will be paying 30 millions dollars to a player just to sign autographs and show up to charity events while this team sinks for the next 10 years, relying on draft picks to save this team.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
****ing Patriots man. Win the Super Bowl and now sitting on a 1st, two 2nds, and three 3rds.

what they do well is trade down, and get draft picks back in return for following years.

their's a good chance they trade down thursday and get a 2nd or 3rd in next yr or following draft. Then like this year they will have a dozen in those years as this.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
what they do well is trade down, and get draft picks back in return for following years.

their's a good chance they trade down thursday and get a 2nd or 3rd in next yr or following draft. Then like this year they will have a dozen in those years as this.
what they do even better is invest minimally into their defensive front 7 , and allow belichick to disguise pressure and generate a ton of pass rush. They also have historically not invested much into weapons for Brady, and given how great he is , he can make the amendola's of the world look like world beaters.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And sometimes they take a college special teams only player in the top 200 or Tavon Wilson at #48 who had late Day 3 grades lol. They don’t always get great value but they always have the flexibility to do whatever the f*** they want. And on Gamedays Bill takes over.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Actually it's the O lineman many taken 5th 6th and 7th rd they find that turn into pro bowl players.
the nfl is waiting for brady and belichick to hurry up and retire. This has gone on long enough. it was cute the first time, now its just down right obscene . Belichick has basically life hacked the nfl and no one can stop it... outside of nick foles of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad