Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

What the utter ****.

Davis-01.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale The CBS mock draft has DeAndre Baker going 17th in the 2nd round - I thought he and Greedy Williams were the top two CBs coming out? (Could just be me misremembering, or things changed, etc.)

I’m going to try to be brief. Sorry in advance for failing.

Depending on the scheme you run, you’re probably going to have completely different CB boards. If you call mostly Press/Man, Greedy will probably be your CB1. If you play mostly Zone, Byron Murphy from Washington is probably at the top.

Baker is a middle ground option where he’s not as good as either of the other two in their strong suits, but far more versatile than either. He also didn’t test well, and as a Georgia fan, I can tell you that the rumors of him having a downright terrible work ethic have been around for years.

The well-roundedness is nice, but a draft is largely teams taking the guy who is #1 on their board, so you could definitely end up with a team who runs a Press/Man scheme or one who wants a Slot Corner preferring David Long from Michigan. Same thing for a few other variations and players. Basically, I wouldn’t be shocked if Baker goes anywhere from 20ish to 50ish.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m going to try to be brief. Sorry in advance for failing.

Depending on the scheme you run, you’re probably going to have completely different CB boards. If you call mostly Press/Man, Greedy will probably be your CB1. If you play mostly Zone, Byron Murphy from Washington is probably at the top.

Baker is a middle ground option where he’s not as good as either of the other two in their strong suits, but far more versatile than either. He also didn’t test well, and as a Georgia fan, I can tell you that the rumors of him having a downright terrible work ethic have been around for years.

The well-roundedness is nice, but a draft is largely teams taking the guy who is #1 on their board, so you could definitely end up with a team who runs a Press/Man scheme or one who wants a Slot Corner preferring David Long from Michigan. Same thing for a few other variations and players. Basically, I wouldn’t be shocked if Baker goes anywhere from 20ish to 50ish.

I always like the extended answers :thumbu: Next question, at your leisure :naughty: I think you said Daniel Jones was your QB7 (?) - how do you rank 1-6?

Just for the sake of ... just for ****'s sake, I'm only asking to have some extra info/opinion while I'm watching next week.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I always like the extended answers :thumbu: Next question, at your leisure :naughty: I think you said Daniel Jones was your QB7 (?) - how do you rank 1-6?

Just for the sake of ... just for ****'s sake, I'm only asking to have some extra info/opinion while I'm watching next week.

Spaces are tier breaks:

1. Murray

2. Haksins

3. Lock
4. Grier

5. Rypien
6. Finley
7. Jones

5-7 are basically just what you prefer to me, as they're all about equal overall. I wouldn't bet on any of them to be more than a backup. Murray is super risky, but I'm willing to take QB swings when the accuracy is there.

Lock and Grier are guys I think are probably backups, but can see routes to more. Grier in particular concerns me because so many of his big plays were Over the Shoulder throws, which are a lot harder to get opportunities to make in the NFL. Lock was god-awful before the OC change, but I came up on him as the year went on. I can see a route to success even if I don't want to bet on it too early. The arm is tremendous and his placement significantly improved even within the year.

*Edit* Also, I will be mocking whoever drafts Jarrett Stidham.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Spaces are tier breaks:

1. Murray

2. Haksins

3. Lock
4. Grier

5. Rypien
6. Finley
7. Jones

5-7 are basically just what you prefer to me, as they're all about equal overall. I wouldn't bet on any of them to be more than a backup. Murray is super risky, but I'm willing to take QB swings when the accuracy is there.

Lock and Grier are guys I think are probably backups, but can see routes to more. Grier in particular concerns me because so many of his big plays were Over the Shoulder throws, which are a lot harder to get opportunities to make in the NFL. Lock was god-awful before the OC change, but I came up on him as the year went on. I can see a route to success even if I don't want to bet on it too early. The arm is tremendous and his placement significantly improved even within the year.

*Edit* Also, I will be mocking whoever drafts Jarrett Stidham.

Remember the most important thing about Lock - he got the world's best education. So he's smart. You feel me?

TYVM

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Don't know of an athlete who's done so much for the city become so hated towards the end of his career.

Schmidt was different - the relationship was repaired later.

Reactions: Jtown and Jray42

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
TO got so much **** for loving football and being loud about it.

I don’t even like football, but I can appreciate passion for the sport and showmanship.
TO was a lot of things, all timer at WR, showman, passion toward the game, but he was also one of the most cancerous players in history. McNabb sucks at life though, so team TO for sure. :laugh:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Both Mcnabb and TO could have had the city eating out of the palm of its hand had they done things correctly especially TO. After that superbowl performance , and sleeping in a hyperbolic chamber to heal up He was the most popular athlete in Philly at that time. All he had to do was was play his card right in the offseason to get a new deal. Instead he turned it into a soap opera. TO is one of the freakiest athletes of all time. I truly think had he played with qb's on par with montana and young he would have broke many of Rice's records. at age 37 he had 983 yards in 11 games started , and was never offered a contract after that year. he easily had 3 more 1000 yards in him

McNabb on the other hand always came off as insecure and jealous and or petty. And he still comes across like that. He is going in the HOF and I hope that he can mend his issues with the organization. IN his defense he played his whole career with No help. Finally gets djax maclin and shady. Tears it up and then is traded. I can honestly say there hasn't been a qb of his caliber that has played with worst talent around him.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

:laugh:

My first guess was Polian. Gil’s the Godfather and deserves all of the respect he has, but he’s been a little off the last few years. Hopefully he doesn’t get into Casserly territory. That’s just sad.

You made my day with the Charles Robinson tweet in there. I know this sounds weird, but I’ll make even more fun of the Giants if they take him at 17 than 6. If you think he’s that good and he’s a QB, you just take him.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I know I been saying take a OL, but I'll say if the WR Metcalf is for the taking, take that dude.

He is ripped like the Hulk, this dude will be an elite WR, he could be landry 2.0 if not better

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
There are an awful lot of alternate universes where you can just tweak a couple things and McNabb has the same career and accomplishments as John Elway. Well, except he couldn't run the two-minute drill.

If McNabb doesn't throw three INTs in the Super Bowl then he's a beloved legend and TO is the Willis Reed/Jordan playing with flu of the 21st century.

I guess the situation was 60% TO's fault, 30% McNabb and 10% Reid. They should have made it work, they were incredible together, the three of them.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad