OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2017 Season (Week Six And Beyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rams are favored next week against the Saints.

I think Detroit has a chance to knock off Minnesota on Thanksgiving.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
There isn’t a bigger blowhard than ol Skippy Clueless.
Skip Bayless: Dak Prescott had the first bad game of his career

DPFzk2AWAAIT2uO.jpg

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
is this season reaching the point where it would actually be a disappointment if we didn't make it to the SB?

Reactions: JXC

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
There's just something about this team that I think is special. Obviously everything is going right from top to bottom. I'm one of the Eagles' harshest critics when they do questionable things. I thought Howie was an idiot. I thought Dougie was a buffoon when we hired him. I thought we gave up too much for Wentz. Of course I'm beyond thrilled to be wrong...but to the extent they're proving me wrong is incredible. Every team ever with a history of injuries uses the "Next Man Up" line, but this is the best I've ever seen it practiced. The coaching staff is incredible. The players have ALL bought in and everyone is on the same page. I think this squad may be beyond the '04 team and I think they're doing it with less talented players (McNabb, TO, Westbrook, Runyan, Tra, Trotter, Vincent, Dawkins, Hugh, Simon, Kearse, Akers IMO had more starpower than this team...FAR more attention given to them).

I hope they do everything they can to retain/re-sign Schwartz, DeFilippo, and Alshon.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Even if you liked these Corners going into the year, I think you have to be surprised with how well they've played as a unit. Cory Undlin is fantastic.

Meanwhile Jenkins is barreling towards being the 2nd best signing of the UFA era in franchise history and has a nonzero chance to catch Troy Vincent if he ages well.

Yeah that was the point I'm trying to make. Wentz playing this well doesn't surprise me. The OL and DL playing this well doesn't shock me out of my seat but this secondary looked garbage IN THE PRESEASON. Or did everyone forget why we went out and got Darby? And now they look like a force.
Every game I've been waiting for them to turn back into pumpkins yet they refuse. I'm happy as a clam but shocked.
Good call on Jenkins as well. Great player and a quality human being as well.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
There's just something about this team that I think is special. Obviously everything is going right from top to bottom. I'm one of the Eagles' harshest critics when they do questionable things. I thought Howie was an idiot. I thought Dougie was a buffoon when we hired him. I thought we gave up too much for Wentz. Of course I'm beyond thrilled to be wrong...but to the extent they're proving me wrong is incredible. Every team ever with a history of injuries uses the "Next Man Up" line, but this is the best I've ever seen it practiced. The coaching staff is incredible. The players have ALL bought in and everyone is on the same page. I think this squad may be beyond the '04 team and I think they're doing it with less talented players (McNabb, TO, Westbrook, Runyan, Tra, Trotter, Vincent, Dawkins, Hugh, Simon, Kearse, Akers IMO had more starpower than this team...FAR more attention given to them).

I hope they do everything they can to retain/re-sign Schwartz, DeFilippo, and Alshon.

You didn't even mention the corners that were both outstanding. Speaks volumes.

Overall, I agree for sure. It'll be tough to beat that since that team was legitimately the best in NFC without question. This team I still question a little bit....if we beat the Rams handedly I'll feel confident.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Really? In what world? I know no one reasonably expected a secondary giving Mills and then due to injuries Douglas to be competing and winning matchups each and every night against some really solid pass catching units.
well I expected Darby to be good and Mills is a 80/20 guy. 80 good. Robinson was better than Carroll imo. Douglas is basically what he showed in college. Battling corner with ok ball in the skills.

Imo we had some bad in the air corners the last few years. It wasnt hard to improve.

And our line makes up for a lot.

Jim Schwartz has been great.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Remember when Lurie said Howie was the guy in the war room who was right more often than anyone else?
Guess that wasn't "fake news."

Howie has been the scapegoat for Andy and Chip, but this is the first time he has had the authority to make the decisions. Andy wanted him in the power struggle with Banner because Reid thought he could control Howie, and Chip undercut him when he brought in "Fast Eddie" from Alabama.

The thing with Howie is that Chip taught him humility and patience, when he got the job back, he goes and hires a top personnel guy in Douglas, who many would feel could become a threat to him. The mark of a good manager is to hire people who are smarter than you, and give them credit. The most important thing a manager does is hire the right people, and Howie has done so at every level of the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad