OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2017 Season (Week Six And Beyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Yall are crazy. WTF would I pay out the *** to sit in cold af Minnesota, great state just not my cup of tea, when if we win (and I mean IF) you'll be kept warm here in the city from the massive fires that spread as Philly destroys itself.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Huh? I lived in South Philly back in '08 and parts of my neighborhood took over 6 months to get back to looking normal. An Eagles win would be 100x more intense because the suburban denizens would flock in by the thousands

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Carson Wentz is only 3rd QB in NFL history to have at least 25 TD passes and 5 or fewer INTs in a team’s 1st 11 games (28 TDs, 5 INTs)
The others:
Tom Brady (2007, 2015)
Aaron Rodgers (2011, 2014)
Carson Wentz (2017)

Reactions: bennysflyers16

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Eagles open up as 5.5 point favorites next week against Seattle.

Should be an interesting game. Seattle's secondary is depleted but they still have Earl Thomas. They have a very good front 7 though, so it should be a good test for the O-Line.

As for the other side of the ball, Seattle's running game is non-existent, but they haven't really faced a QB as dynamic as Wilson (I think he is way better than Cam). This game should be very similar to the Panther game actually. The difference is playing in Seattle should be tougher.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah containing Wilson is going to be tough. They are going to have to play a close game eventually.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The WRs winning matchups against the outside CBs is also going to be key given that they're going up against the best MLB in football, who just so happens to also be the best at diagnosing runs. I don't expect playaction to be as useful as it has been recently.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So I was just looking at QB stats. I'm not sure where anybody gets Wentz is MVP this year.

To me, it's clearly Brady

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The leading passer on the best team has won 9 out of the last 10 awards or something like that.

Yards aren't great but 28 and 5 is. Voter fatigue probably plays a part too.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Plus the yards aren't great because he's not playing full games. He's 11th in yards in part because he's 12th in attempts, which is because they games have been over by the first drive of the 3rd quarter. He has 2 more TD's than Brady in 50+ less attempts, and he's been obscenely effective in the two most important situations of the game: 3rd downs, and the red zone.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Plus the yards aren't great because he's not playing full games. He's 11th in yards in part because he's 12th in attempts, which is because they games have been over by the first drive of the 3rd quarter. He has 2 more TD's than Brady in 50+ less attempts, and he's been obscenely effective in the two most important situations of the game: 3rd downs, and the red zone.

And I totally get, but I'm not sure how voters will go, if you just look up and down the key stats, Brady has him in every one, you'd have to really dive deep to figure that less attempts and less quarters, I don't give the voters that much credit.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
And I totally get, but I'm not sure how voters will go, if you just look up and down the key stats, Brady has him in every one, you'd have to really dive deep to figure that less attempts and less quarters, I don't give the voters that much credit.

That's true. The thing he has in his favor is his MNF game against Washington, and if he can repeat that against the Seahawks and Raiders that'll definitely help.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Our offense isn't going to ever produce high completion percentages.

And if you see his field chart; his worst passing percentages are at the line of scrimmage.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah he doesn't throw/complete enough balls to the backs. Everything is beyond the LOS. He was like that in college too. It's probably the next step in his progression. Brees is a 70% guy who just feeds his RBs balls in the flats. He's also played from behind more than Wentz has and teams will give you those throws when they have a lead.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
So I was just looking at QB stats. I'm not sure where anybody gets Wentz is MVP this year.

To me, it's clearly Brady
Yards and completion % isn't tops, but he's far and away the best in virtually every other category, and arguably ones that matter more than yards and completion %.

He's the MVP in my book, but it's close.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
The WRs winning matchups against the outside CBs is also going to be key given that they're going up against the best MLB in football, who just so happens to also be the best at diagnosing runs. I don't expect playaction to be as useful as it has been recently.

We are down to our #4 and #5 corners over here, so I'd agree with your assessment.
SEA fans are wise to be nervous about this one, although it's nice to see the Eagles finally eclipse the other teams in your division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->