OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2017 Season (Week Six And Beyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Wanna hear some crazy-stupid numbers on the Eagles?

• They allowed only 1 TD in the month of November.
  • Haven't allowed a rushing TD since Oct. 12th (Cam Newton ran it in).
  • Allowed fewest rushing yards in NFL.

That's a Super Bowl defense. We'll see how good they REALLY are when they play the LA Rams. See how the D does against Gurley.

Reactions: JXC

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It is crazy how they went from being terrible on d to having a super bowl defense. This D is real legit. Imagine how much better it would be if hicks did not get hurt. We would have no weakness.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
NFL considering flexing the Rams/Eagles to the 8:30 Sunday night game inplace of Pittsburg/Ravens. Fox didn’t protect it and now is fighting to keep it.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It is crazy how they went from being terrible on d to having a super bowl defense. This D is real legit. Imagine how much better it would be if hicks did not get hurt. We would have no weakness.

Gotta disagree. We weren't a terrible defense last year -- we were okay to good.

Agreed, Hicks being in there would be great.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Last year's D gave up way too many big plays. The rush was non existent. Curry wasn't good, Logan was good on the rush, not a good pass rusher. Kendricks was pretty bad too. They had good Safeties, but the CBs were awful, Mills was learning and Carroll or whoever was on the other side was just a dumpster.

This D is wildly different in certain areas and some players are just flat out having a career year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
bradham, robinson, are having career years for sure.

All of a sudden our secondary is loaded, and we have 4 ends who can rush. WE rotate 4 men on the dline. its pretty impressive. I really hope schwartz stays. I would make him the highest payed assistant just to keep him.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
So I was just looking at QB stats. I'm not sure where anybody gets Wentz is MVP this year.

To me, it's clearly Brady
I'm thrilled overall with #11 this year. He's made pre snap strides for sure. He's showing the potential to be our franchise QB for a while.

11 still gets a lot of luck this year. He had 2 100% easy picks yesterday that Bears dropped.

But, I would also give it to Brady. Dude is just an amazing robot.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Gotta disagree. We weren't a terrible defense last year -- we were okay to good.

Agreed, Hicks being in there would be great.
agree with you. We were ok last year. Upgraded 2 corners. Kendricks playing better too. Cut down TOs on offense goes A LONG way to victories. Our 3rd down and red zone efficiency is breaking the backs of teams too.

7-9 is not that different than 10-6 from year to year.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Last year's D gave up way too many big plays. The rush was non existent. Curry wasn't good, Logan was good on the rush, not a good pass rusher. Kendricks was pretty bad too. They had good Safeties, but the CBs were awful, Mills was learning and Carroll or whoever was on the other side was just a dumpster.

This D is wildly different in certain areas and some players are just flat out having a career year.
our CBS were bad in the air. Mills still isn't IMO great....but he always competes. Douglas was a great draft pick. Jernigan has been a large upgrade to Logan. Barnett/long have been good change of pace guys. Our D is staying fresh.

We are getting up on teams and generally not making short field turnovers on O, makes D easier.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
our CBS were bad in the air. Mills still isn't IMO great....but he always competes. Douglas was a great draft pick. Jernigan has been a large upgrade to Logan. Barnett/long have been good change of pace guys. Our D is staying fresh.

We are getting up on teams and generally not making short field turnovers on O, makes D easier.
It's always about the rush. The DLine makes that CBs a little better than what they are. But they've been a lot better. Darby is an ace. Mills is a player. Douglas is a pitbull. Robinson has been a revelation.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Robinson has been a revelation.
I really don't think that's true. He's been a good player when hes on the field. That has been his problem, being on the field. Comparable to Carroll, he has like 20 more PD in approx 10 less games.

Carroll was awful at locating with the ball in the air. I dont think that has ever been a problem for PR.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I really don't think that's true. He's been a good player when hes on the field. That has been his problem, being on the field. Comparable to Carroll, he has like 20 more PD in approx 10 less games.

Carroll was awful at locating with the ball in the air. I dont think that has ever been a problem for PR.

After all the reporters information on training camp and pre-season. Him playing like he has has been a surprise to me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t think they’re making him take the the fall. He’s 37 & not really any good anymore. They’re likely going to get a really high pick this year with QB’s available so that’s the route they’re going.

Why they’re giving Geno Smith any time when Davis Webb (third rounder this past draft) is on the bench too I don’t know?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don’t think they’re making him take the the fall. He’s 37 & not really any good anymore. They’re likely going to get a really high pick this year with QB’s available so that’s the route they’re going.

Why they’re giving Geno Smith any time when Davis Webb (third rounder this past draft) is on the bench too I don’t know?

Eli has no o-line, RB, lost 2 of his top 3 WRs and fortunately has a TE.

The dude is lucky to be standing right now let alone putting up great numbers on that team.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
man that's pretty shabby from the Giants
I understand it if you have a young guy in waiting, but for Geno Smith?
hated eli but always respected his toughness

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Eli has no o-line, RB, lost 2 of his top 3 WRs and fortunately has a TE.

The dude is lucky to be standing right now let alone putting up great numbers on that team.

Yes the team isn’t that good around him but that doesn’t make him blameless. Even at his best he had his warts with the turnovers. The fact he’s 37 gives all the more reason to move on from him.

I don’t blame the Giants for that, wasting any time in Geno Smith is where I criticize them. It seems they want to give him & Davis Webb shots down this stretch. The former makes sense given their recent investment this past draft. Smith makes zero though as there’s enough there to come to conclusion that he is what he is & that’s not a good QB.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Pretty crappy from the Giants. The guy's given them a decade+ of service and two superbowls, and they bench him in a lost season for Geno Smith. Everyone knew they were moving on in the offseason, but what is there really to gain by benching him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad