OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Interrupting the Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I am starting to get a little worried about the tank job this season. They have looked like a borderline playoff team since Ish came on board. Take a peak at their recent schedule and it is full of potential W's if they continue at this pace.

Now would be a good time to announce an Okafor mystery injury. They kind of tried that last night with Noel's "dizzy spells" but they still handled the Magic.

This is a 2 player draft they absolutely cannot miss on either Simmons or Ingram. The Lakers and Nets are in complete shutdown mode right now and the mighty T-Wolves are in another free-fall. You know, those same T-Wolves talking heads in the media indicated the Sixers should model after.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Good grief. They need this top pick.

I am ok with them at #2 as well. Brandon Ingram has Kevin Durant-like traits to his game. It is scary to think what he can become in the NBA if his game/body continues to evolve. He may end up being a better overall fit on this team although I am a believer Simmons can play almost any position on the court.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What's the deal with the Sixers game on Saturday....are they postponing it? I have tix.....I mean I can take public trans easily but how bad does it have to be for them to postpone a game typically?

Guess I will be treking out like DiCaprio in the Revenant if the game is not cancelled.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Whats the point at getting worked up over Simmons when everyone agrees we will have to trade one of Noel or Okafor to make it work with him once Embiid returns?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Whats the point at getting worked up over Simmons when everyone agrees we will have to trade one of Noel or Okafor to make it work with him once Embiid returns?
On paper, he's a greater talent than either of them. I think both those centers have a chance to be top 20-25 players in their prime, but if Simmons improves his jump shooting one iota, he's probably a top 10-15 player his prime years IMO. With that said I like Ingram's potential more.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm not gonna worry about the their record yet, still have 3 wins separating them and the Lakers..

As important as this top 2 pick is, its nice to see Okafor and Noel finally improving with Ish at PG.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Supposedly the league told the Sixers if the Celtics and refs are in town...the game will be played Sat. Regional rail is shut down but the subway will be running...I suspect if they play it will be a dead crowd. Team office said they are offering fans a swap for another game ....I'm probably just doing that. I wish I could swap for a game next season....

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Supposedly the league told the Sixers if the Celtics and refs are in town...the game will be played Sat. Regional rail is shut down but the subway will be running...I suspect if they play it will be a dead crowd. Team office said they are offering fans a swap for another game ....I'm probably just doing that. I wish I could swap for a game next season....
The game got rescheduled to Sunday at 7.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
How much damage has the Sixers ineptiude done to the team's brand and popularity?
If they turn it around, is all forgiven or have they dug a big hole?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
How much damage has the Sixers ineptiude done to the team's brand and popularity?

Golden State is the darling of he basketball world. Anything can happen with time and the right players.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
If they turn it around, fans will flow into that arena like the ancient rivers of Babylon.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The city is desperate for a winner. People will be back if they win. There's been **** to get excited for since AI left.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

None. Before Hinkie they were mediocre and going downhill, with no hope after the Bynam trade. Three years later they have two young stars, some role players, a potential superstar if healthy, and a slew of draft picks. Most fans understand the "process," which isn't about tanking but is about accumulating enough assets to build a team.

First you accumulate assets, then you shuffle those assets to put together a team that fits together. But you can't make trades in the NBA without something to trade.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Once again Sixers look better with Nerlens playing big minutes in the middle (Okafor injured). Him and Okafor on the same court just don't mesh and team looks slower...

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I know people don't want to hear it, and I was anti-Porzingis before the draft, but a Porzingis/Noel (Embiid) PF/C combo would have set us up for a decade. I'm shocked with how he has translated, his passing and rebounding abilities were muted in Europe. Credit to Phil Jackson for taking a chance on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad