OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Interrupting the Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
It has been fun to watch the Nerlensence in the last two weeks. He is an ideal fit to that up tempo style they want to implement.

It is not too far fetched to think this team can look something like this next season.

Embiid / Okafor
Noel / Grant / Holmes
Simmons or Ingram / Saric
Murray /
Trimble / Smith

And we haven't even touched the FA money yet.

It is not all awful in Sixers basketball land like the media has so tenaciously portrayed in the last couple of months

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
It has been fun to watch the Nerlensence in the last two weeks. He is an ideal fit to that up tempo style they want to implement.

It is not too far fetched to think this team can look something like this next season.

Embiid / Okafor
Noel / Grant / Holmes
Murray /
Trimble / Smith

It is not all awful in Sixers basketball land like the media has so tenaciously portrayed in the last couple of months
This Nerlens has always existed, it was just suppressed for several reasons out of his control. It was really frustrating how the team set him up for failure to start the year. Now he's shot 60% over the last 15 games and back to being a defensive force.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Welp. Kendall Marshall's father is claiming the NBA and the Sixers are racists for not playing his son. Okafor's Dad was seen screaming at Brett Brown all game last game until Jah told him to cut it out. He then took a picture with a guy but told the guy to cover the "trust the process" Hinkie face.

Well this is going swell.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Welp. Kendall Marshall's father is claiming the NBA and the Sixers are racists for not playing his son. Okafor's Dad was seen screaming at Brett Brown all game last game until Jah told him to cut it out. He then took a picture with a guy but told the guy to cover the "trust the process" Hinkie face.

Well this is going swell.

No need to read into drama like this. Best bet is to ignore it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sixers are starting to jell, I predicted 10-30 the first half, close to 20-20 the second half, they're a little short of where I expected them in the first half but should finish with 5-6 wins.

Ish has helped, but so has just trying different combos and figuring out who worked together. Wroten, Marshall didn't work out, Landry is a nice boost, RoCo is really struggling, Stauskas is still inconsistent but working hard.

The key is Brown is back starting a defense first group (Noel, Grant, Sampson, Ish, Canaan/Stauskas), and now has a deep bench, Okafor, Holmes, RoCo, Thompson, McConnell, Landry. So they can play up tempo without anyone having to take players off - and there are three rookies and a bunch of second year guys on this team so they're not used to playing big minutes.

It's easy to forget how inexperienced they are, as much as Stauskas frustrates me, he was the #8 pick LAST YEAR, Noel is in his 2nd season, etc. The only ones with any real experience are Ish, Thompson and Landry. So there's a lot of room for growth in the second half.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
The more I watch Holmes, the more I see a potential Ibaka.

He needs to develop a consistent jumper (already has a decent one) and rebound much better, but I see a lot of similarities.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
The more I watch Holmes, the more I see a potential Ibaka.

He needs to develop a consistent jumper (already has a decent one) and rebound much better, but I see a lot of similarities.

He needs to bulk up more. The touch is def. there. He is active crashing the boards but that has not necessarily translated into rebounds. I think size has a lot to do with it.

BTW: As mentioned, Buddy Hield was insane last night. He was hitting them from everywhere. Also liked the athleticism he displayed crashing the rim. He looked like a legit 2 guard against one of the better defensive teams in the nation.

I have no idea how scouts have him barely cracking the first round in most mocks. Maybe its the age (senior) or the fact that he is not an elite defender. But I would gladly take him with either the Heat or Thunder pick if he is there (although I think his stock just sky-rocketed after last night)

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I have no idea how scouts have him barely cracking the first round in most mocks. Maybe its the age (senior) or the fact that he is not an elite defender. But I would gladly take him with either the Heat or Thunder pick if he is there (although I think his stock just sky-rocketed after last night)
With the Heat or Thunder pick I kind of want to take home run swings. A kid that fits that bill is a Chinese kid called Zhou Qi. I know we have a lot of bigs but he won't be in the NBA for a couple years. He's about 7-2 with a 7-6 wingspan, rail thin, block shots and can shoot. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zhou-Qi-61857/

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007

Embiid / Okafor
Noel / Grant / Holmes
Murray /
Trimble / Smith

Simmonds will be a PF in the NBA.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
simmons however is no stretch 4 by the imagination. Guys like him with no clear role in the nba scare me.

He may not have the jumper (yet), but he does everything else so well, he'll change a franchise for the better.

His ability to facilitate at his size is so rare, he's going to be great in the NBA.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Embiid is 100%, Simmons doesn't matter.
We forget how good Embiid was before he was injured, and he's worked on his game, how many 7'2 centers can hit the three?
He's freakin' HUGE these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad