Confirmed with Link: [PHI/TBL] Radko Gudas, 1st, 3rd rounder for Braydon Coburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
What counts, this team was already one of the fastest around the league and just got better. Coburn looks more & more like a good fit.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Most teams got a C. They were kind to SFY

"Arrival(s): Braydon Coburn and two second-round picks.

Departure(s): Brett Connolly, Radko Gudas, and first- and third-round picks.

Synopsis: The Lightning paid steeply to add a quality defenceman in Coburn, but what really made the deadline for Tampa Bay was the decision to sell Connolly to Boston for two significant draft picks. If we consider those deals together (as we are here), the Lightning got better in the present at a very reasonable cost to the future.
o
Grade A-"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dline-2015-grades-for-every-nhl-team/page/27:

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Flyers fan here, Coburn is solid, when he's not asked to anchor a D pairing, most of his career in Philly he was paired with Timonen, he can be a bit inconsistent and not overly physical for his size, but his best virtues by far are his skating (I would say for his size he's the best skating Dman in the league) and the guy turns it up in the playoffs, good luck the rest of the way!!!

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Most teams got a C. They were kind to SFY

"Arrival(s): Braydon Coburn and two second-round picks.

Departure(s): Brett Connolly, Radko Gudas, and first- and third-round picks.

Synopsis: The Lightning paid steeply to add a quality defenceman in Coburn, but what really made the deadline for Tampa Bay was the decision to sell Connolly to Boston for two significant draft picks. If we consider those deals together (as we are here), the Lightning got better in the present at a very reasonable cost to the future.
o
Grade A-"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dline-2015-grades-for-every-nhl-team/page/27:

well said

Stevie said several times in the interview that the two deals were like one.

What a fantastic night/day!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Thanks to all Flyers fans passing by, very classy and good luck to you. I have a soft spot for your team, my dad is one of yours ;)

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Flyers fan here, Coburn is solid, when he's not asked to anchor a D pairing, most of his career in Philly he was paired with Timonen, he can be a bit inconsistent and not overly physical for his size, but his best virtues by far are his skating (I would say for his size he's the best skating Dman in the league) and the guy turns it up in the playoffs, good luck the rest of the way!!!

Still hate the Flyers but you're alright in my book. :yo:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can't wait til we have Hedman and Coburn on the same pairing.

So we can race them. ;)

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I loved Gudas but lets be honest, take away his physicality and he's a mediocre defensemen. I'm o.k. with giving up a first, would be better without losing our 3rd, but oh well.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is so overrated is crazy. My brother is a Ranger homer and he insists that Staal and Girardi are top pairing shut down defensemen. It's like talking to a wall.

Talking to most Rangers fans is like talking to a wall. lol

That Giardi and Staal contract will likely hurt them in a couple of years

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Is this the final nail in the coffin for Carle this off season? Uses too much cap space for a 3rd pair D.

were fine with the cap next year unless we want to add something in FA ? if yzerman sees a way to get a pp qb I think he might move carle if he can get draft picks he wants.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Their entire structure is going to hurt them in a couple years. They might as well double down on Hank's good years.

thats insane no first round picks for 2013, 2014,2015 and 2016! is sather playing nhl 15 on xbox ? does he know there is a salary cap and you have to draft guys ?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
thats insane no first round picks for 2013, 2014,2015 and 2016! is sather playing nhl 15 on xbox ? does he know there is a salary cap and you have to draft guys ?

He knows he's 71 years old and has one of the better goalies in the league for the next 4 years--years that he might not be the GM of the Rangers or possibly even alive.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He knows he's 71 years old and has one of the better goalies in the league for the next 4 years--years that he might not be the GM of the Rangers or possibly even alive.

man that next gm is going to have a heck of a hard job after him dang

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't fault the Rangers for trying. When you're that close you do anything to get that cup. That said I don't think the moves they made will do it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't fault the Rangers for trying. When you're that close you do anything to get that cup. That said I don't think the moves they made will do it.

Just when you thought Ranger fans egos could not get any bigger. Main board posts are just making me puke. :shakehead

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I think the Rangers have got some balls for making the moves they did. They really went all in. Hard to not respect that. With that said that doesn't mean they will be able to win it. There are plenty of eastern teams this year that are good enough to beat them. The east is truly a toss up. The Rangers window is closing so they felt pressured to go all in. This years playoffs will be a battle. I hope were up to the challenge.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
puck daddy unimpressed

Unforunately I normally prefer puck daddy to bleacher report.

"Tampa Bay Lightning: C+

Steve Yzerman preaches about not overpaying at the deadline and conserving first-round picks … and then overpays at the deadline and trades a first-round pick. This isn’t to say Coburn won’t work out in Tampa, because he’s a good fit for what they do. This is just to say that a first-rounder and a third-rounder AND Radko Gudas is the best argument we’ve seen for not making trades at 2 a.m. But getting two seconds for spare part Brett Connolly was nice"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...--puck-daddy-s-winners--losers-150357318.html

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Unforunately I normally prefer puck daddy to bleacher report.

"Tampa Bay Lightning: C+

Steve Yzerman preaches about not overpaying at the deadline and conserving first-round picks … and then overpays at the deadline and trades a first-round pick. This isn’t to say Coburn won’t work out in Tampa, because he’s a good fit for what they do. This is just to say that a first-rounder and a third-rounder AND Radko Gudas is the best argument we’ve seen for not making trades at 2 a.m. But getting two seconds for spare part Brett Connolly was nice"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...--puck-daddy-s-winners--losers-150357318.html

He obviously doesn't understand the concept of supply and demand. When that demand is high the price is high. The deadline isn't a pretty sight. If you want to win in the playoffs and have needs to fill your going to pay a price.

I went back and looked at "Value of: Brayden Coburn" threads and most of the flyer fans say he had a price of a 11-24 first rounder and a prospect. We made the deal at the deadline when prices are highest.

Its very hard to say we got fleeced when we came out with filling the team need of a top 4 dman and didn't have to give up any real worthy prospects to get him. I love Gudas but you just don't know what kind of player he will be when he gets back from his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad