Confirmed with Link: [PHI/TBL] Radko Gudas, 1st, 3rd rounder for Braydon Coburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Radko Gudas, 1st, 3rd Rounder to Philadelphia for Braydon Coburn

Radko Gudas gets called home to the mother ship.

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 16m16 minutes ago
A late - and busy - night for #tblightning, which also acquired Braydon Coburn for a 1st-rounder, 3rd-rounder, and Gudas, per @reporterchris

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Guess we just wait and see, Philly fans were dead on about Carle when he came here and everyone else thought he was "solid", hopefully they're right about Coburn as well. He might be the next Stralman for us.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Guess we just wait and see, Philly fans were dead on about Carle when he came here and everyone else thought he was "solid", hopefully they're right about Coburn as well. He might be the next Stralman for us.

What have they said about him? I literally know nothing about him.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Seems like an overpayment at first glance but I'm withholding judgement until I see what Coburn can do for us. I have faith in the Yzerplan.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay

See this is where I'm at too... I know nothing of Coburn, so I can only hate this trade cause we gave up a lot for a player I've never heard of... which is weird cause I'm usually pretty good about knowing players haha.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This makes me wonder about Gudas's knee. He can't afford to lose any speed whatsoever. Maybe management has some concerns? Otherwise it seems like a steep price was paid by a guy (Yzerman) who doesn't really believe in steep prices.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Excellent skater. Frustrating at times because he'll make noticeable gaffes and the things he does well aren't nearly as noticeable. But make no mistake, the things he does well far outweigh those gaffes. He is so, so strong at defending zone entries. His combination of reach, skating, and angling are what make him so effective. Players generally don't target his side of the ice. He is capable of eating lots of minutes, but he's poor in that role if he's the one anchoring the pairing. I don't think that will be an issue on your blueline.

He's not a puck mover, but he has good enough puck skills and can move the play up ice effectively.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So much for liking the current group and not making a splash. I wasn't expecting this.

Also is this the 1st time Yzerman has traded a 1st rd pick for a player?

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
This makes me wonder about Gudas's knee. He can't afford to lose any speed whatsoever. Maybe management has some concerns? Otherwise it seems like a steep price was paid by a guy (Yzerman) who doesn't really believe in steep prices.

Ya this is my thought too... I think they were bailing on Gudas honestly. He either wasn't healing like they hoped, or just too injury prone. I mean, I love the guy and his grit, but he isn't irreplaceable in our lineup, especially if he's slowing down more.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman-Coburn
Garrison-Stralman

That wouldn't be too bad if Coburn is as great defensively as they say, Stralman could benefit from being on the 2nd pairing right now.

SchennSational1022*

Flyers fan here guys.

Coburn is an excellent defensive dman, when he's paired with a good puck mover he can focus on his strengths. When he's asked to be more of an offensive dman is when he gets in trouble and has brain farts. I think if you pair this guy with Hedman, watch out. Coburn is huge, arguably the best skating defensemen you have (he's that good), and is a MUCH better player in the playoffs compared to regular season. He isn't overly physical, just very sound positionally and can skate the puck out of trouble.

I'm treating Gudas a throw in here, I don't even really want him on the Flyers TBh.

This isn't as big of a "fleecing" as some are making it seem. You will soon find that out. Rooting for Coburn, he was the longest tenured Flyers. Great guy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad