Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Kevin Hayes signs (7 Years, $7.14M AAV) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Nice, can't even take the time to look up stats....:help:

Are you trying to tell me that I didn’t look up his stats and see a player that has been in the 40 point range in 4/5 seasons and only in this most recent season did he put up 42 points in 51 games getting ice time on a bad rangers team and then promptly went back to performing at a 40 point pace down the stretch in Winnipeg?

Is there a different stat I should be looking for?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Given that no big name RFA has signed yet this summer apart from Lindell who got 6 x $5.8m and a NMC, I'd guess they had already been bumped by Nylander and other big RFA deals.

They will continue to bump up with even more dumb deals before their own.

This deal has certainly added a few dollars to those players deals. Kevin Hayes isn’t in the same stratosphere as some of these guys.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
So literally hours after buying out the dreadful MacDonald contract the Flyers make an even worse deal. Baffling.

Hayes would have to fall flat on his face for that to happen. MacDonald was a #4-5 guy at best when he arrived, and he was a #7 by the time he left. $7.14 million for a 2nd line center is a lot. $5 million for a #6-7 defenseman is brutal.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Are you trying to tell me that I didn’t look up his stats and see a player that has been in the 40 point range in 4/5 seasons and only in this most recent season did he put up 42 points in 51 games getting ice time on a bad rangers team and then promptly went back to performing at a 40 point pace down the stretch in Winnipeg?

No, now you're just rounding incorrectly and doing a poor job at math. He average closer to 45 points a season during his first 4 years. Also didn't play a full season during any. He averaged 77 games played. Then this season he did put up 42 points in 51 games (hey you got 1 thing right). Then was traded to Winnipeg where he performed at a 52ish point pace. 13 points in 20 games.

Is it fair for me to call Kadri a 49 point guy who averages 22 goals a season. It seems like whenever I speak with most Maple Leafs fans they consider him to be a 60 point, 30 goal guy.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
Before the start of the season I woulda said 5.5M would be fair, mid season I woulda said 6M, around the TDL 6.5M, but 7.1M?? Cap better go up a lot in the next few years.

.6M really isn't worth worrying about.

7M is the new 5M.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Yeah, the one where he put up 24'ish points in the last 28 games of 2017-2018, after the trade deadline where he was given a much better role with NYR. And how after putting up 2 points in the first 8 games with NYR during the 2018-2019 season, he put up 40 in 43. What happened after the trade, no clue, but Kevin Hayes didn't just luck into a better season. That started before the season.

And also, saying 40 points and 40 point range is a bit different.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Some pretty brutal HF overreactions.

Guy got paid 1M too much for 1 year too much. WORST DEAL EVER!

This, probably one of the best defensive forwards in the game on team with not much support. He will be fine.

If the Gardiner contracts amounts floating around are true, I would be more worried about that contract. That’s Andy McDonald 2.0 right there.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Seems like a lot of newbs who never heard of this player just came to go "zOmg 7 mILLiOn fOr WhO?"...well maybe if you watched hockey youd know who hayes is and that this contract is in accordance with the salary cap and the going rate for ufa 2Cs.

He is more a 2/3 center based on his career.

He managed 19 goals and 55 points in one of the highest scoring seasons in some time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
1m, 1y too many, but nowhere near one of the worst contracts. it is what it is. if you want a UFA, you gotta overpay.

I'm ok with the overpay if the rumors of a 3 year NMC are false.

If we overpaid and now just lost another asset to do it in 2 years, this is abysmal.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
He is more a 2/3 center based on his career.

He managed 19 goals and 55 points in one of the highest scoring seasons in some time.

55 points in 71 GP. a 63 point pace. he'll likely have JVR and Voracek on his wings, giving him the best linemates he's ever had. fully expect around 60 points from him next season. so 7m for a 60 point 2 way C isn't bad at all. most of us just hate the term. it's 1-2 years too many.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Kane was a considerably better goal scorer than Hayes. He was coming off seasons of 29 and 28 goals and he scored a good chunk of those goals at even strength.

Kane is also more physical and willing to drop the gloves and GMs tend to overpay for those things.
True but GMs also tend to overpay for centers that are solid two-way players and can handle difficult matchups.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
wUU8ZPe.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad