Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Kevin Hayes signs (7 Years, $7.14M AAV) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
My thoughts on the deal. Flyers still have 22 million in cap space. #9 and #11 are RFAs. Winning teams have to have a good depth down the middle. Couturier--Hayes--Patrick--Laughton. Patrick and Hayes can be changed. Pressure off of Patrick. I like it. Gives Frost and Farabee a chance. Just need a backup goalie. Plus, Hayes is 27. All the good teams have center depth.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
It looks like current market value for one NHL point by a forward is roughly $120k.

Hayes is making a little more than market value, everyone should chill.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Does it make Justin Abdelkader's deal look better too?

relatively speaking? obviously

i've hated the Abdelkader contract since the second it was signed and he's declined since signing it but honestly there really isn't even all that much difference between Hayes and Abdelkader when he signed that deal,certainly not double the cap hit percentage

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Laughably bad and I think people mostly overreact on UFA signings but this is just bad.

Its also equally silly to think Hayes will improve. That could be so but also couldnt be so.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Tavares makes 11 million, scores 80-90 pts. 7 mil for 50 pts is roughly the same output per dollar!!!!!! Slight overpayment but everyone is overreacting. It's not that bad

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Laughably bad and I think people mostly overreact on UFA signings but this is just bad.

Its also equally silly to think Hayes will improve. That could be so but also couldnt be so.

He is getting a upgrade in line mates. I think Voracek and JVR/Lindblom are an upgrade over Buchnevich and Vesey. We shall see. Only an overpay of around a million.

Reactions: CasusBelli

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It looks like current market value for one NHL point by a forward is roughly $120k.

Hayes is making a little more than market value, everyone should chill.
Taking his one outlier season that is in line with the outlier of a high scoring season we just had doesn't justify it.

Reactions: 12Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad