Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Why change what I said & put it in quotes? Are you implying it’s an exact quote? Because we all know you’re modifying it & removing context to create a straw man that’s easier to knock down.

You, allegedly quoting me: “Frost’s game not even AHL ready.”

The actual quote: “It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”

Makes you look bad to remove the context. Disingenuous.
Not much different.

Reactions: Mack88 and Tripod

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Not sure why you have to ask, Magua, since you have told others what they have watched and haven't watched.

I'll say this: I haven't watched any of the 3 Phantom games. My guess is there are probably very few posters who have watched any, though I won't dispute those who say they have.

People can nitpick all they want, but it's clear I was making a point that a number of posters are *****ing that Frost should be on the Flyers right now, yet he's an offensive player who hasn't been able to record a point in 3 AHL games while many others, including Kurtis f'ing Gabriel, have outproduced him. Let's see him make an impact at the AHL level before whining about how he definitively belongs in the NHL. And I pretty clearly said I thought he'd start making an impact in the AHL pretty soon. He just isn't there quite yet. When he outproduces Kurtis Gabriel, then we can start talking about how he belongs in an NHL lineup.
Clearly you didn’t watch the games. So how can you judge where or not his game is ahl ready or anything for that matter

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Myers physically is too talented for the AHL, but he didn't get sent down because of lack of talent.
He made too many mistakes, the same as last spring, and they ran out of patience.
So I doubt they care how many "flash" plays he makes, I'm sure he'll be judged on the basis of his fundamental play, is he out of position, taking chances he can get away with in the AHL but not the NHL, etc.
Can I read what you read about why Myers was sent down. I didnt see it and wasn’t in the meetings.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
A) I thought it was obvious I was using a bit of hyperbole & sarcasm to illustrate the fact that while many wanted Frost to immediately start as 3C in the NHL, he hasn’t even been able to garner a point in the AHL so far. One of only 4 forwards who are pointless. Got demoted to line 4 last game. If he hasn’t been able to establish himself off the bat in the AHL, he wasn’t ready to start his pro career immediately in the NHL at a demanding position. I didn’t say he shouldn’t *be* in the AHL learning.

B) Funny how with Chris Stewart, people have no problem saying he didn’t play well in the EIHL based on stats, lines, & circumstantial evidence, even though they didn’t see him, but make a wry comment about Frost’s 3 game AHL debut based on similar evidence, without watching the games, & suddenly it’s “It’s impossible to know without seeing the games!!”

C) Several Times in the preseason (where I did see him play, & I’ve seen him play junior) I gave detailed reasons why I thought he needed AHL time. Other people have made the same observations. I’m sure you know what they are & I don’t feel like rehashing them yet again.
Back tracking looks foolish. This is you MO. For multiple players. Expecting anyone to think differently makes an ass out of you not them.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Back tracking looks foolish. This is you MO. For multiple players. Expecting anyone to think differently makes an ass out of you not them.
Please. This board contains a bunch of sniveling hypocritical nitpickers who like to try to play “gotcha!” games against the posters who tend to hold different opinions. Anybody who allegedly didn’t grasp the point I was making is just being a dick to be a dick.

Do you think Stewart played well in the EIHL last year?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Please. This board contains a bunch of sniveling hypocritical nitpickers who like to try to play “gotcha!” games against the posters who tend to hold different opinions. Anybody who allegedly didn’t grasp the point I was making is just being a dick to be a dick.

I watched two games of him live. One vs Sheffield, one in Manchester. He was not good. ;)

* actually I lied. I checked and only saw one live game, he was not playing the game I saw in Sheffield. He was in Manchester. I did see a few games though on TV over that time too... (even though our league sucks I still try and watch the Storm and Steelers when get a chance.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Adtar02

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
B) Funny how with Chris Stewart, people have no problem saying he didn’t play well in the EIHL based on stats, lines, & circumstantial evidence, even though they didn’t see him, but make a wry comment about Frost’s 3 game AHL debut based on similar evidence, without watching the games, & suddenly it’s “It’s impossible to know without seeing the games!!”

Sample size are not comparable at all. Chris Stewart had 23GP in the EIHL.

I promise if Frost goes 23 games and doesn't put up numbers, more people will be worried about him.

Also - this whole 5 page argument is really about you saying he's not even AHL ready now, and then not producing why you don't believe he's ready. If you just said those things, instead of saying something along the lines of 'I've posted it plenty of times in other areas' others on this board wouldn't give you as much guff.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I promise if Frost goes 23 games and doesn't put up numbers, more people will be worried about him.

Also - this whole 5 page argument is really about you saying he's not even AHL ready now, and then not producing why you don't believe he's ready. If you just said those things, instead of saying something along the lines of 'I've posted it plenty of times in other areas' others on this board wouldn't give you as much guff.
If he actually watched that games and mentioned real issue, it would give him credibility. But then he admitted he watched no games and just looked at stats.

Then he tried to say "I thought it was obvious I was using a bit of hyperbole & sarcasm to illustrate the fact that while many wanted Frost to immediately start as 3C in the NHL, he hasn’t even been able to garner a point in the AHL so far"

Now, he has tried to deflect by bring up Stewart and the EIHL.

It's comical to watch.

All he had to do was say: "Frost is pointless in 3 AHL games. How is he playing because I expected more and am surprised that he has yet to get a point while other lesser players have produced. Is he overwhelmed? Pouting? Unlucky?"

But nope. Me made the claim as if he watched Frost and Frost looked awful. Very misleading. Very surprising for someone who promotes themselves as being "impartial". Guess I am just one of those "sniveling hypocritical nitpickers".

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am just one of those "sniveling hypocritical nitpickers".

ACtoWfD.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

Frost and Farabee arent Carter and Richards. Frost is 4th line in the A jack and thats not good.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laberge has 3 points in 3 ECHL games. Sandstrom is at .825 after two starts, Ustimenko is at .889 after two games.

Team Statistics

Last edited:

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Laberge has 3 points in 3 ECHL games. Sandstrom is at .825 after two starts, Ustimenko is at .889 after two games.

Team Statistics

From what I hear, their team defense is pretty rough. I'm sure they'll get acclimated to it in relatively short order.

Reactions: renberg

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA

Team Statistics

From what I hear, their team defense is pretty rough. I'm sure they'll get acclimated to it in relatively short order.

Tough to judge anything from such a small sample size (each goalie only played a game and half). They played with only five defensemen on Saturday night (Drake is on 14 day IR). They only get two weeks of training camp with two pre-season games to figure out the roster, lines, pairings and work on systems. Cut Down was last Wednesday, but they had to leave Wednesday to travel to St Johns for the three game set, so they lost that day of practice and Thursday, so they only had morning skate of the day of the season opener to work as a team, and some guys only joined the team as they were leaving for the trip.

Of course rosters are pretty fluid in the ECHL, so lines and pairings are changing frequently throughout the season too, but give them a week or two when they can actually have some practice and they will get better. St Johns gets almost their entire roster from Toronto, so they've been working together for a while, and they have a lot of guys back from last year's championship team.

With the travel back from St Johns today and probably a day off tomorrow and the home opener on Saturday I would expect a couple more sloppy games this weekend as well.

Reactions: wasup

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Tough to judge anything from such a small sample size (each goalie only played a game and half). They played with only five defensemen on Saturday night (Drake is on 14 day IR). They only get two weeks of training camp with two pre-season games to figure out the roster, lines, pairings and work on systems. Cut Down was last Wednesday, but they had to leave Wednesday to travel to St Johns for the three game set, so they lost that day of practice and Thursday, so they only had morning skate of the day of the season opener to work as a team, and some guys only joined the team as they were leaving for the trip.

Of course rosters are pretty fluid in the ECHL, so lines and pairings are changing frequently throughout the season too, but give them a week or two when they can actually have some practice and they will get better. St Johns gets almost their entire roster from Toronto, so they've been working together for a while, and they have a lot of guys back from last year's championship team.

With the travel back from St Johns today and probably a day off tomorrow and the home opener on Saturday I would expect a couple more sloppy games this weekend as well.

for sure. I’m sure things will start to become a lot more clear about the team in a few weeks time

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right

Never commented on his play last other than the league he played in. Was not close to nhl level.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
If he actually watched that games and mentioned real issue, it would give him credibility. But then he admitted he watched no games and just looked at stats.

Then he tried to say "I thought it was obvious I was using a bit of hyperbole & sarcasm to illustrate the fact that while many wanted Frost to immediately start as 3C in the NHL, he hasn’t even been able to garner a point in the AHL so far"

Now, he has tried to deflect by bring up Stewart and the EIHL.

It's comical to watch.

All he had to do was say: "Frost is pointless in 3 AHL games. How is he playing because I expected more and am surprised that he has yet to get a point while other lesser players have produced. Is he overwhelmed? Pouting? Unlucky?"

But nope. Me made the claim as if he watched Frost and Frost looked awful. Very misleading. Very surprising for someone who promotes themselves as being "impartial". Guess I am just one of those "sniveling hypocritical nitpickers".
Also typical. Don’t believe he watches much hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad