Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
We all want Frost to make it. There’s a contingent who believe he should be an NHL 3C right now. That same contingent scoff at Gabriel. Well... Gabriel 2 pts in 3 AHL games, Frost 0 pts in 3 AHL games. For a guy who right now offers value only in offense, that doesn’t reek of NHL ready.
So Frost isn't NHL or even AHL ready yet because he's pointless in 3 games and Gabriel is better because he has 2 points? I'll agree with you as soon as you agree that Ghost and his 0 points is not an NHL player and Hagg who has 1 point is clearly the superior player.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Frost has:

73.68 SCF%: Leads the team amongst fwds
87.50 HDCF%: 2nd on team amongst fwds

If Carey had shot "normally" over the first few games Frost would easily have 2-3 assists, as he put some goals on a platter for him.
Is that good? Not much into the fancy stats. It looks good.

Must be good if it's 1st and 2nd on the team.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So with the Stewart signing there's no room on the roster for Myers unless Bunnaman gets sent down and Stewart becomes one of 12 forwards.

Which means the Phantoms have 8 dmen if they demote De Haas to the ECHL, and only 3 of them are lefties (Brennan, Wotherspoon, Bigras).

Brennan-Friedman
Wotherspoon-Myers
Bigras-Welinski
Willcox-Prosser

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
So with the Stewart signing there's no room on the roster for Myers unless Bunnaman gets sent down and Stewart becomes one of 12 forwards.
Exactly....so Mr 13th forward is forced to become 12th forward until Patrick is back, playing more than 7 minutes if any injuries were to happen. Myers is blocked from the NHL despite being clearly too good for the AHL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers isn't too good for the AHL until he shows he can play a reliable game.
I mean he was handed the #6 D-man job in camp and totally blew it. That's no one's fault but his own.

Frost and Farabee weren't beat out by Stewart, they simply didn't look ready to play a major role in the NHL and AV/Fletcher would rather have them playing 20 minutes a night and practicing on a regular basis (NHL practice time is limited due to travel) to start the season.

Let's see how everyone looks after 20 or so AHL games, if Frost and Farabee are tearing up the AHL the way Giroux did, they won't be there long.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Myers isn't too good for the AHL until he shows he can play a reliable game.
I mean he was handed the #6 D-man job in camp and totally blew it. That's no one's fault but his own.

Frost and Farabee weren't beat out by Stewart, they simply didn't look ready to play a major role in the NHL and AV/Fletcher would rather have them playing 20 minutes a night and practicing on a regular basis (NHL practice time is limited due to travel) to start the season.

Let's see how everyone looks after 20 or so AHL games, if Frost and Farabee are tearing up the AHL the way Giroux did, they won't be there long.
Oh well since you watched one of the three games, I guess what I saw watching all 3 games is wrong

Reactions: VladDrag

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers physically is too talented for the AHL, but he didn't get sent down because of lack of talent.
He made too many mistakes, the same as last spring, and they ran out of patience.
So I doubt they care how many "flash" plays he makes, I'm sure he'll be judged on the basis of his fundamental play, is he out of position, taking chances he can get away with in the AHL but not the NHL, etc.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Myers physically is too talented for the AHL, but he didn't get sent down because of lack of talent.
He made too many mistakes, the same as last spring, and they ran out of patience.
So I doubt they care how many "flash" plays he makes, I'm sure he'll be judged on the basis of his fundamental play, is he out of position, taking chances he can get away with in the AHL but not the NHL, etc.
You're just making stuff up at this point.

I am sure he's learning about all the stuff he can do in the AHL, but not the NHL as he does it in the AHL

Bottom line....same as it was for Ghost, Sanheim, and Provorov, they have to make the transition to the NHL. That only happens in the NHL. He's not learning anything new down there. It's just lip service.

Weird how Stewart can get handed a roster spot, but no amount of mistakes or poor positional play will get rid of him

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wrong. Sanheim was lost as a rookie, went back down, played lights out and when he returned he was a much better player.
Lindlbom and Hart needed that half season in the AHL to transition from the SHL/CHL.

It's easier to work on fundamentals in the AHL, the schedule is conducive to hands on coaching (most games on the weekends, so they can practice during the week, and the focus is more on fundamentals than the next opponent).

And Myers plays a lot more minutes in the AHL than as the #6 D-man who probably wouldn't be trusted on the PK right now.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Myers, Rubtsov, Farabee, Frost in AHL
Myers, Rubtsov, Farabee, Frost in AHL

Sandstrom in ECHL

Hagg and Stewart in NHL

Sandstrom in ECHL

Hagg and Stewart in NHL
...we’re still in good shape even without Patrick,Rubtsov and Myers
*Nolan 3c
*Rubtsov 4c
*Myers (Hagg...AHL or traded)
...Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Konecny
Laughton-Hayes-JVR
Twarynski-Rubtsov-Pitlick
Not a bad gig?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Berube had a sub .900 sv% last year so you shouldn’t be surprised that he’s not good.

Sv% doesn’t transfer league to league quite like scoring (see Hart, Carter).

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yup you said it wouldn't last long. But you did say his game isn't AHL ready right now.

Sorry if that isn't an exact quote. But that seems like what you were implying.

Again, I would love to hear your scouting report as to why you think currently, at this exact point at his career his game is not AHL ready. Not what his upside is. What are the current flaws in his game that make it not AHL ready right now.
A) I thought it was obvious I was using a bit of hyperbole & sarcasm to illustrate the fact that while many wanted Frost to immediately start as 3C in the NHL, he hasn’t even been able to garner a point in the AHL so far. One of only 4 forwards who are pointless. Got demoted to line 4 last game. If he hasn’t been able to establish himself off the bat in the AHL, he wasn’t ready to start his pro career immediately in the NHL at a demanding position. I didn’t say he shouldn’t *be* in the AHL learning.

B) Funny how with Chris Stewart, people have no problem saying he didn’t play well in the EIHL based on stats, lines, & circumstantial evidence, even though they didn’t see him, but make a wry comment about Frost’s 3 game AHL debut based on similar evidence, without watching the games, & suddenly it’s “It’s impossible to know without seeing the games!!”

C) Several Times in the preseason (where I did see him play, & I’ve seen him play junior) I gave detailed reasons why I thought he needed AHL time. Other people have made the same observations. I’m sure you know what they are & I don’t feel like rehashing them yet again.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
A) I thought it was obvious I was using a bit of hyperbole & sarcasm to illustrate the fact that while many wanted Frost to immediately start as 3C in the NHL, he hasn’t even been able to garner a point in the AHL so far. One of only 4 forwards who are pointless. Got demoted to line 4 last game. If he hasn’t been able to establish himself off the bat in the AHL, he wasn’t ready to start his pro career immediately in the NHL at a demanding position. I didn’t say he shouldn’t *be* in the AHL learning.

B) Funny how with Chris Stewart, people have no problem saying he didn’t play well in the EIHL based on stats, lines, & circumstantial evidence, even though they didn’t see him, but make a wry comment about Frost’s 3 game AHL debut based on similar evidence, without watching the games, & suddenly it’s “It’s impossible to know without seeing the games!!”

C) Several Times in the preseason (where I did see him play, & I’ve seen him play junior) I gave detailed reasons why I thought he needed AHL time. Other people have made the same observations. I’m sure you know what they are & I don’t feel like rehashing them yet again.

Man that's a lot of typing to and forget to answer the question of a scouting report.

I dunno maybe there is one in there all I did was glance through it as it's pretty obvious you didn't answer my question.

Another question, this is just a yes or no. Do you think all the typing you have thrown out over the last 24 hours has saved you any face?

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Gents, if you're watching AHL games and not getting laid then you need to stop watching AHL games. LIke i get it, its cool to be a flyers fan and **** but come on , there has to be a better use of ones time.

You ever hear the sound of a puck bouncing high and hard off the glass? Its very sexual

Reactions: Jtown

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
8352im5.gif

The original would have probably gotten me embroiled in this SSS debate and possibly lost me some posting privileges. :)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad