RD Artyom Levshunov - Michigan State Univ., NCAA (2024 Draft)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Reading through the criticisms in the Dickinson thread .. I think many of the same can be said for Levshunov.

DIckinson is 9 months or so younger and has absolutely fantastic skating. Looking at where Levshunov is this year compared to where Dickinson will be at this time next year .. I would think many of the things Dickinson gets criticized take another good development jump. Both suffer with some decision making now.. both I think project to improve that... Levshunov is being projected as a top pair it takes a fair bit of projection imo and Dickinson as a 2nd pair. Dickinson could be expected to improve more because of his age.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Reading through the criticisms in the Dickinson thread .. I think many of the same can be said for Levshunov.

DIckinson is 9 months or so younger and has absolutely fantastic skating. Looking at where Levshunov is this year compared to where Dickinson will be at this time next year .. I would think many of the things Dickinson gets criticized take another good development jump. Both suffer with some decision making now.. both I think project to improve that... Levshunov is being projected as a top pair it takes a fair bit of projection imo and Dickinson as a 2nd pair. Dickinson could be expected to improve more because of his age.
Levshunov likely has the longer development curve at the moment, a kid playing in Belarus a couple years ago versus a GTHL kid. Levshunov will be the first 1st round pick from Belarus in more than 20 years, and if he goes 9th or better, the highest drafted one of all time.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Levshunov likely has the longer development curve at the moment, a kid playing in Belarus a couple years ago versus a GTHL kid. Levshunov will be the first 1st round pick from Belarus in more than 20 years, and if he goes 9th or better, the highest drafted one of all time.
That is a factor which one is more meaningful .. I am not sure , maybe they both just continue on a steep dev curve

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

People assume younger players have more runway, but I haven’t seen much improvement over this season from Dickinson, but Levshunov improved noticeably from start to finish.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad