Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hogberg is killing it in the SHL 3 seasons post-draft. He has many redeeming qualities. To not want to bring him over to the AHL at age 21, with a shortage of AHL defensive prospects, is flat-out nonsense managing/evaluating. And in the same breath, dream about bringing over a useless anti-puck moving archetype in Ginning in his D+3 season.

We have 32 contracts. Hogberg is one of our better depth prospects. You have bums on the backend like Willcox and De Haas (let alone a few shitty forwards) taking up contracts, but given his overall profile, spending a contract on Hogberg is too much? They don't see how easy a risk-reward decision this is? He's done everything possible to make himself a valuable prospect post-draft. We lose his rights after next season. f***ing come on.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It’s more rare than not to not sign a player, let alone one who has been very successful. You have to nosedive/not progress to not get a contract. Even then, a player stands a decent chance. I don’t know if it’s an evaluation or what. It’s basic asset management.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Hogberg is killing it in the SHL 3 seasons post-draft. He has many redeeming qualities. To not want to bring him over to the AHL at age 21, with a shortage of AHL defensive prospects, is flat-out nonsense managing/evaluating. And in the same breath, dream about bringing over a useless anti-puck moving archetype in Ginning in his D+3 season.

We have 32 contracts. Hogberg is one of our better depth prospects. You have bums on the backend like Willcox and De Haas (let alone a few ****ty forwards) taking up contracts, but given his overall profile, spending a contract on Hogberg is too much? They don't see how easy a risk-reward decision this is? He's done everything possible to make himself a valuable prospect post-draft. We lose his rights after next season. ****ing come on.

Do Wilcox and DeHass have 2 way deals or AHL only contracts?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

We have 32 contracts. Hogberg is one of our better depth prospects. You have bums on the backend like Willcox and De Haas (let alone a few ****ty forwards) taking up contracts, but given his overall profile, spending a contract on Hogberg is too much? They don't see how easy a risk-reward decision this is? He's done everything possible to make himself a valuable prospect post-draft. We lose his rights after next season. ****ing come on.

But dem hitz & size tho

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It’s more rare than not to not sign a player, let alone one who has been very successful. You have to nosedive/not progress to not get a contract. Even then, a player stands a decent chance. I don’t know if it’s an evaluation or what. It’s basic asset management.

I think its completely reasonable for fletch to have a different evaluation of where the flyers prospects rank but to see a guy go unsigned who has had that kind of development is ridiculous. I'd hate to think they just trim the depth so these guys have a chance to make an nhl roster instead of letting them compete with eachother

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TB87

May 30, 2018
People want to trade high picks because we have a deep system.

We haven’t even signed half these prospects. That is not a deep system. And it makes trading picks even more ridiculous on Fletcher’s end.

Yessir. Quantity depth, not quality depth. I’d prefer they add a higher end talent with their 1st this year than trading it for god knows what

Reactions: Larry44

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
People want to trade high picks because we have a deep system.

We haven’t even signed half these prospects. That is not a deep system. And it makes trading picks even more ridiculous on Fletcher’s end.

I have a very specific trade I want to make -- 1st and a prospect for Spurgeon and Zucker. Or maybe that package to Carolina for Hamilton +.

Otherwise I want to draft Soderstrom.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Unless they're a first round pick worth less than the compensatory second, like Jay O'Brien probably.

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
well we've never really seen what Laberge can do because he is always hurt. In juniors 56 games is the most he played in a season

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
We aren't winning anything til Holmgren is completely disconnected.

Like it or not though, and this has nothing to do with my opinion of management and strategy, but Homer has gotten most modern Flyers fans their closest lick of the cup we've ever tasted. Has to mean something worth giving a shit about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruck Over

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I don't know who they should sign or who they will sign but we sure as heck need at least 2 D prospects added to LV next year
I was hoping the Flyers would sign Kalynuk to his ELC, but nothing as of yet.

Worst comes to worst the Phantoms can just sign defenseman to AHL contracts like they did this season.

TB87

May 30, 2018

Worst comes to worst the Phantoms can just sign defenseman to AHL contracts like they did this season.

Kalynuk is officially returning to Wisconsin next year and he’ll be their captain.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Didn't they announce that Kalynuk was coming back as captain next year already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad