Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
My gripe was him not mentioning Hogberg by name. He’s played very well in the SHL and he’s the Flyers best defense prospect in the league (Ginning it can be argued is their 3rd best SHL defense prospect). There’s just a lot more upside there than big lumbering Ginning who struggles connecting on passes.
Do we know he didn't mention others by name, i.e. was it a complete transcript or just an article? Either way, I don't think they are doing anything wrong by keeping them all in Sweden another year. Players develop really well in that environment. I could also see Ginning staying their two more years, it all depends on how they play next year. It's also possible that they could change their minds by the time development camp comes around and ask them to sign and stay for full camp. Way to early to worry about any of this.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

Although he's a longshot, I really hope he makes it to the NHL in a couple years. He continues to be a great, smart hockey player. Hands, vision, hockey smarts are NHL quality. His skating is better but needs to continue to improve. And he's still growing into his frame. I saw him lined up a faceoff with Ratcliffe this year and one word came to mind: Beasts.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
5E0735FF-E088-4550-B317-70D352F892E2.jpeg
Do we know he didn't mention others by name, i.e. was it a complete transcript or just an article? Either way, I don't think they are doing anything wrong by keeping them all in Sweden another year. Players develop really well in that environment. I could also see Ginning staying their two more years, it all depends on how they play next year. It's also possible that they could change their minds by the time development camp comes around and ask them to sign and stay for full camp. Way to early to worry about any of this.

Context & quote.

It’s really not a big deal. It was just an offputting quote to me is all. Hence, why I voiced my displeasure.

Reactions: Larry44

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
One of hextalls strengths was his diversified development paths. Utilizing the different lengths of time before a guy had to receive a contract. With taking time to evaluate these guys they may exhaust those Windows of opportunity.

Reactions: Jtown

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms really need to win both road games on Tuesday and Wednesday against the AHL's best team to stay in the playoff race.

Phantoms @ Charlotte Checkers
AWAY
Tue, Apr 2, 2019,
7:00 PM
Bojangles’ Coliseum,
Charlotte NC

Phantoms @ Charlotte Checkers
AWAY
Wed, Apr 3, 2019,
Bojangles’ Coliseum,
Charlotte NC

Phantoms vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
HOME GAME!
Sat, Apr 6, 2019,
7:05 PM
PPL Center,
Allentown PA

Phantoms vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
HOME GAME!
Sun, Apr 7, 2019,
3:05 PM
PPL Center,
Allentown PA

Phantoms @ Hershey Bears
AWAY
Tue, Apr 9, 2019,
Giant Center,
Hershey PA

Phantoms @ Providence Bruins
AWAY
Fri, Apr 12, 2019,
Dunkin’ Donuts Center,
Providence RI

Phantoms vs. Hartford Wolf Pack
HOME GAME!
Sat, Apr 13, 2019,
PPL Center,
Allentown PA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
One of hextalls strengths was his diversified development paths. Utilizing the different lengths of time before a guy had to receive a contract. With taking time to evaluate these guys they may exhaust those Windows of opportunity.
That is one of the reasons why i think they went so ncaa heavy last year. The downside of having a stacked pool is that it can make draftees reluctant to sign. Case in point Adam Fox.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Did any of you see the Hockey News Future Watch? For prospects aged 21 and under, we are ranked 1st. Were ranked 2nd last year.

Our top 10: and where they rank in the top 100:

Farabee(24 overall)
Frost(26 overall)
Myers(65 overall)
Ratcliffe
Allison
Rubstov
O'Brien
Kalynuk
Laczynski
Cates

And yet that list has 2 1st rounds that have disappointed and a 2nd rounder who had another injury plagued year.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Did any of you see the Hockey News Future Watch? For prospects aged 21 and under, we are ranked 1st. Were ranked 2nd last year.

Our top 10:

Farabee
Frost
Myers
Ratcliffe
Allison
Rubstov
O'Brien
Kalynuk
Laczynski
Cates

And yet that list has 2 1st rounds that have disappointed and a 2nd rounder who had another injury plagued year.

And doesn't even include 20 year olds Hart and Patrick. Future is bright if we nail the next coaching hire.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And doesn't even include 20 year olds Hart and Patrick. Future is bright if we nail the next coaching hire.
Konecny was also listed due to when their cutoff was.

Next year TK, Myers, Allison, Kalynuk, Laczynski fall off the 21 and under list so unless we have a great draft and a few guys jump way up, I would expect us to drop a bunch next year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Next year TK, Myers, Allison, Kalynuk, Laczynski fall off the 21 and under list so unless we have a great draft and a few guys jump way up, I would expect us to drop a bunch next year.

A couple guys may be added, Zamula, Hogberg and Ersson, so we should still push for the top 10 or so.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Since we are trading our 1st, I doubt our prospect pool sees a big bump next summer.

Amirite @Magua ??? ;)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Since we are trading our 1st, I doubt our prospect pool sees a big bump next summer.

Amirite @Magua ??? ;)

I still wish we traded Farabee for Holtby. Or Farabee for Hoffman. Or Carter. Or we could've traded up with both 1sts to get Wahlstrom. Crying about Tolvanen over Frost. Bellows over Rubtsov. Yada yada yada.

If I've learned one thing it's this: don't trust Rebel with any 1st round picks. Tried and true, pal. ;)

Reactions: VladDrag

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It does make sense at some point to put our 1st rd pick into play.
But this is probably the worst season to do so:
1) we're a couple years away from serious contention, #12-14 could be in the NHL by 2020-21, definitely 2021-22
2) ED coming up, exempt prospects have more value right now relative to trading for a player you have to protect
3) We need to see what we have in our kids before making the "big trade."

The summer of 2020, with a pick in the early 20s, and the ED, will be a good time to use that 1st rd pick as trade bait, once you pick out of the top 20, it's more likely you'll wait 3 years for that player, he's less likely to be a top 6/top 4, and the Flyers will be loaded with young NHL talent, so they can turn around and trade prospects for future picks to keep the pipeline filled down the road.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I still wish we traded Farabee for Holtby. Or Farabee for Hoffman. Or Carter. Or we could've traded up with both 1sts to get Wahlstrom. Crying about Tolvanen over Frost. Bellows over Rubtsov. Yada yada yada.

If I've learned one thing it's this: don't trust Rebel with any 1st round picks. Tried and true, pal. ;)

No, YOU'RE Brian Fellows!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I didn't wanna trade the 14th for Holtby or Hoffman - it was the 19th, PAL. Get it together over there. Jesus Christ. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad