Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Prior thread: Prospect Info: - Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

LEHIGH VALLEY PHANTOMS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE
Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey
WAEB 790 AM
WSAN 1470 AM
READING ROYALS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE
ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
ADDITIONAL

Reactions: flyersfan187

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Nice game by Pascal Laberge tonite and congrats on the OT hatty.

Laberge must have been working on the shot accuracy while he was out from his injury.

Reactions: BernieParent

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
A lot of people were very high on Laberge during his draft. Terrible open ice hit and the hip injury really slowed his development but hopefully he can compete at a high level next year for the phantoms and becomes a potential mid season call up. It’s optimistic but I hate giving up on kids especially with injuries.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A lot of people were very high on Laberge during his draft. Terrible open ice hit and the hip injury really slowed his development but hopefully he can compete at a high level next year for the phantoms and becomes a potential mid season call up. It’s optimistic but I hate giving up on kids especially with injuries.
I would say a callup is WAY out of the possibility of happening. Just too many players for him to leapfrog. But if he turned himself back into the prospect we hoped he would be, that would be a great season from him.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Phantoms are gonna have a fight on their hands to try and make the AHL playoffs. Friday Saturday and the games next week should be telling times with teams like Cleveland, Charlotte and WBS coming up on the schedule.

Fletcher should also look to see if he can resign UFA players like Greg Carey and Mike Vecchione to new deals.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Phantoms are gonna have a fight on their hands to try and make the AHL playoffs. Friday Saturday and the games next week should be telling times with teams like Cleveland, Charlotte and WBS coming up on the schedule.

Fletcher should also look to see if he can resign UFA players like Greg Carey and Mike Vecchione to new deals.
I would not bother signing AHL vets until you know how many kids you have coming. Once you know if you are adding Allison, Laczynski, Lycksell then you can start filling out the lineup in the summer.

No need to rush on career AHL guys.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I would not bother signing AHL vets until you know how many kids you have coming. Once you know if you are adding Allison, Laczynski, Lycksell then you can start filling out the lineup in the summer.

This for sure add rubtsov will be back from injury along with farabee,frost, possibly bernhardt, Hogberg to that list. Obviously some will make the nhl club though.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

If the phantoms season ended today this is what the lineup would start to look like for next season.

I didn’t add Aube-Kubel, Frost or Farabee, hoping they make the Flyers next season. I also didn’t add guys like Allison, Laczynski, Lycksell and Kalynuk because they have not signed like you stated.

Either way it’s looked at there is going to be a lot of turnover next season and the younger prospects should start emerging and filling in places in the lineup as the season goes on.

I don’t believe players like Allison, Laczynski or Lycksell will sign this season, Ally and Lac have options for next season and I believe Lycksell is under contract for one more season with Linköping. If the Flyers do sign one of their draft picks I believe it would be a defenseman (Kalynuk).

Not an ideal lineup just putting players in spots:
Line 1 LW Ratcliffe C Vorobyev RW Laberge
Line 2 LW Twarynski C Rubtsov RW Kase
Line 3 LW Strome C Bunnaman RW Bailey
Line 4 LW C RW Sushko

Pair 1 LD Brennan RD Friedman
Pair 2 LD Schlemko RD Willcox
Pair 3 LD RD

Goalies:
Starter: Lyon
Backup: Sandstrom

Free agents
C Varone ~ UFA < NHL recalled
C Knight ~ UFA < NHL recalled
C Lethera ~ UFA
LW Carey ~ UFA
C Froese ~ UFA
C/RW Vecchione ~ G6 UFA
C Bardreau ~ G6 UFA
LW Goulbourne* ~ G6 UFA
RW Conner* ~ AHL UFA
RW McDonald* ~ AHL UFA
C Swavely* ~ AHL UFA
LW Huntebrinker* ~ AHL/ECHL UFA
RD de Haas* ~ AHL UFA
LD Palmquist* ~ AHL UFA
RD Samuelsson* ~ AHL UFA
LD Drake* ~ AHL/ECHL UFA
RD Hora* ~ AHL/ECHL UFA
RD Graves ~ RFA < should not be qualified
G McKenna ~ UFA
G Komm* ~ AHL/ECHL UFA

If I missed anyone I apologize ahead of time.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Those shots were so sweet I think the clips gave me hyperglycemia. I'm really hoping Laberge has turned the corner healthwise and can work his way back into the picture.

The majority of the goals posted in the prospect thread aren't actually that impressive but those shots were very nice. How many goals by a RH shot from the right face-off circle have we had all season? I'm sure there's a way to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->