Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Ratty reminds me of a Nick Bjugstad.
Completely overhyped because of size? Not very physical for his size? Odd skater, yet somehow effective?

I don’t see that. The Rat has better hands, skating, and an actual use for his size. Doesn’t mean he needs to put up high PIM, but he does most things efficiently... just needs more seasoning.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My Fellow Flyers enthusiasts. I’ve been on this site a long time. Been talking to lots of you guys for years.

Met Appleyard on here years ago. And now he’s killing it for the Athletic.

I’m proud to say, I made the jump and now have full press box, locker room, and press conference access to the Flyers, representing Philadelphia Sports Network. I’ve already written a good amount of stuff for them this season, but now I’m moving onto video.

I know how dedicated these boards are and the passion we all have for this team. So in many ways you guys are the inspiration for this content.

I’ll be doing content on everything Flyers, but for now I’m starting with prospects. Hope you guys enjoy and I’ll be making more in the very near future. A new video is already on its way on more prospects. Over time my equipment will get better and so will the quality. Hope you guys enjoy.

Subscribe please :)
Follow me on Twitter.

Way to go, HOH! Congratulations!

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Way to go, HOH! Congratulations!

Thanks man! It’s been a fun ride for sure.

My first game to cover in person was Carter Hart’s first game...it was awesome to be in the locker room with him in that moment of history. The back of my head made the web episode lol..(pictured below)

Attachments

• CC024F7E-416D-45BF-82DA-C829D6F22194.jpeg
    CC024F7E-416D-45BF-82DA-C829D6F22194.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 30

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
My Fellow Flyers enthusiasts. I’ve been on this site a long time. Been talking to lots of you guys for years.

Met Appleyard on here years ago. And now he’s killing it for the Athletic.

I’m proud to say, I made the jump and now have full press box, locker room, and press conference access to the Flyers, representing Philadelphia Sports Network. I’ve already written a good amount of stuff for them this season, but now I’m moving onto video.

I know how dedicated these boards are and the passion we all have for this team. So in many ways you guys are the inspiration for this content.

I’ll be doing content on everything Flyers, but for now I’m starting with prospects. Hope you guys enjoy and I’ll be making more in the very near future. A new video is already on its way on more prospects. Over time my equipment will get better and so will the quality. Hope you guys enjoy.

Subscribe please :)
Follow me on Twitter.

Congrats!

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Just curious, from previous players with similar play styles and builds like Ratcliffe, does he have a similar trajectory to any other players? I mean... could he be someone like Wheeler as a ceiling or more like a winger version of Boyle? I love how much the kid scores, but I'm just curious since I haven't looked much past the surface for him.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Just curious, from previous players with similar play styles and builds like Ratcliffe, does he have a similar trajectory to any other players? I mean... could he be someone like Wheeler as a ceiling or more like a winger version of Boyle? I love how much the kid scores, but I'm just curious since I haven't looked much past the surface for him.

A heck of a lot closer to Boyle than Wheeler.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Taller JVR is his ceiling.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Taller JVR is his ceiling.

30-30 as a ceiling for a 2nd rounder? I'm certainly okay with that.

That's really, really wishful thinking. We need to pump the brakes a bit on Ratcliffe. I like the kid but he plays on a stacked team, and a stacked line. Seriously, like half the players on Guelph are drafted. He's going to be useful, but has limitations. JVR might be a fair ceiling, but the likelyhood of hitting that is pretty small imo.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yes, ceiling as in the best you could ever hope him to be.

30 point 3rd liner is much more likely.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Ratcliffe has more upside than Hartman!

We won't know for a couple years, even Wheeler didn't start until he was 22, and didn't have his breakout season until 25.
So I expect Ratcliffe to spend at least one season in the AHL, maybe 2.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
That's really, really wishful thinking. We need to pump the brakes a bit on Ratcliffe. I like the kid but he plays on a stacked team, and a stacked line. Seriously, like half the players on Guelph are drafted. He's going to be useful, but has limitations. JVR might be a fair ceiling, but the likelyhood of hitting that is pretty small imo.
Ratcliffe's line only got stacked at the deadline, he was scoring at a very healthy clip before that. He's a very large man who skates better than his size would suggest. He's not Wheeler fast, but he's not Boyle slow either. He's got tremendous hands for finishing and has some bite to his game. As he fills out, he'll end up being a monster. I'd say his chances of being an NHL regular 3 years from now is in excess of 90%, health willing. Fingers crossed, we'll see.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Ratcliffe's line only got stacked at the deadline, he was scoring at a very healthy clip before that. He's a very large man who skates better than his size would suggest. He's not Wheeler fast, but he's not Boyle slow either. He's got tremendous hands for finishing and has some bite to his game. As he fills out, he'll end up being a monster. I'd say his chances of being an NHL regular 3 years from now is in excess of 90%, health willing. Fingers crossed, we'll see.

I agree with everything you say, except my excitement level is toned down a peg or two. He will be in the NHL, but don't see a monster. I like him on the PP and PK more than 5 on 5.

Reactions: Larry44

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad