Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Zegras, Krebs, Boldy... These guys are top 4-8 players in other drafts. If you can somehow land one of those players or even Caufield. That's what we need imo. Frost, Allison and Ratcliffe were hoping (crossing our fingers)will be top 6 forwards but only Farabee is a lock to be an impact top 6 player imo. To have the chance at drafting a player that high caliber that will be cost controlled for at least 2-3 years. I just can't see anyone giving that up no matter how enticing.

If we trade for someone we also will be exposing one more talented player in the expansion draft. The more I think about it I'd only have this pick part of a deal for a Point caliber player. If not go hard for Karrlson or hope a team close to the cap has to give up a high value asset that won't cost you the 1st pick. Its also too bad we couldn't have snookered someone for another 1st (Simmonds trade). Some good players also available in late 1st and 2nd rd.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Zegras, Krebs, Boldy... These guys are top 4-8 players in other drafts. If you can somehow land one of those players or even Caufield. That's what we need imo. Frost, Allison and Ratcliffe were hoping (crossing our fingers)will be top 6 forwards but only Farabee is a lock to be an impact top 6 player imo. To have the chance at drafting a player that high caliber that will be cost controlled for at least 2-3 years. I just can't see anyone giving that up no matter how enticing.

If we trade for someone we also will be exposing one more talented player in the expansion draft. The more I think about it I'd only have this pick part of a deal for a Point caliber player. If not go hard for Karrlson or hope a team close to the cap has to give up a high value asset that won't cost you the 1st pick. Its also too bad we couldn't have snookered someone for another 1st (Simmonds trade). Some good players also available in late 1st and 2nd rd.
Yes it wouldn’t be fun to watch another team take one of these guys and develop them to good to very good players. I am still up for trading it but I’m more towards just trading the pick for a valuable player and adding nothing as that pick should have a lot of value on its own. I’d trade that pick + for Point no question. It’s a gamble, but no one would be shocked to see Patrick be a good 2C or Provy and Sanheim be great top pair. You have the money and a few good options so maybe the best bet is to keep the pick and then try and sign EK or Duchene and let the rest work itself out.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Rough news here.

As you know, his parents and I are friends. I don't believe for one second that they mind us calling him Bunny. Imagine you have a superfan who is a man, a fan so super that you would be forgiven for thinking he is a stalker, even though he definitely is not a stalker. Now imagine that strangely devoted man is calling your son "Buns." That, surely, would be more alarming than "Bunny."

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
As you know, his parents and I are friends. I don't believe for one second that they mind us calling him Bunny. Imagine you have a superfan who is a man, a fan so super that you would be forgiven for thinking he is a stalker, even though he definitely is not a stalker. Now imagine that strangely devoted man is calling your son "Buns." That, surely, would be more alarming than "Bunny."
Maybe not if that same "definitely not a stalker" was photoshopping your young adult son into a pink bunny costume at every opportunity. :laugh:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Which is exactly why Rubtsov's nickname should be Rubber. Rubber's teammates are letting us down big time with this Ruby bull****.

I mean, Rubber Cooter Buns has just got to be a line at some point, right?

Usually nicknames on sports teams are just facile shortenings of how surnames sound. Rubber is too much of a stretch by this approach, though I like the idea!

The biggest sin is that Konecny's nickname hasn't taken off--"The Neck".

Reactions: mja

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

You don’t get to pick your own nickname

Exactly.

It's not "Buns."

It's "Bunny."

If they don't like that, it's "Thumper."

iu

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Which is exactly why Rubtsov's nickname should be Rubber. Rubber's teammates are letting us down big time with this Ruby bull****.

I mean, Rubber Cooter Buns has just got to be a line at some point, right?

"German Rubstov, your Philadelphia Flyers name is Pearl Harbor."

"Why Pearl Harbor?"

"Why not?"

"But it wasn't the Germans, and I'm not even German."

"You're trying my patience."

"But can I, please, have another nickname?"

"Sure, your new Philadelphia Flyers name is RubandaTug."

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Non-interesting fact: "Buns" in French would be "Petits pains" and "Bunny" would be "Lapin". Pain and Lapin rhyme. Yeah.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
My Fellow Flyers enthusiasts. I’ve been on this site a long time. Been talking to lots of you guys for years.

Met Appleyard on here years ago. And now he’s killing it for the Athletic.

I’m proud to say, I made the jump and now have full press box, locker room, and press conference access to the Flyers, representing Philadelphia Sports Network. I’ve already written a good amount of stuff for them this season, but now I’m moving onto video.

I know how dedicated these boards are and the passion we all have for this team. So in many ways you guys are the inspiration for this content.

I’ll be doing content on everything Flyers, but for now I’m starting with prospects. Hope you guys enjoy and I’ll be making more in the very near future. A new video is already on its way on more prospects. Over time my equipment will get better and so will the quality. Hope you guys enjoy.

Subscribe please :)
Follow me on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad